“Excellent for the location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
LOOKING FOR BETTER DEAL?
Ranked #36 of 295 Hotels in Mexico City
BRASILIA
“Excellent for the location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We experienced no problems with this hotel. Quite the contrary. It´s location is unbeatable if you are interested in the old historic quarter of the city (National Palace, Rivera murals, Cathedral, Zocalo etc). Bedrooms smallish but clean and quiet, reception staff very helpful. The only slight gripe is that I could not find any European stations (such as BBC) on the TV. This seems to be a common problem in Mexican hotels. However apart from that this was a very pleasant three-day stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Luis Antonio S, Director General at NH Mexico City Centro Historico, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Guest:
I would like to thank you for the time you took to review your recent experience at the NH Centro Historico in Mexico City, we welcome your feedback and value the assessment of our hotel's installations and services.

My team and I appreciate the opportunity we had of being of service to you and will be glad to welcome you back to NH Centro Historico in the near future,

Hotel Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights. Mexico City is huge and this hotel in situated on the historical centre of the city (not the main business district).

Pros: It was very clean and the bed was very big, You are able to book tours through reception which was convenient. The wifi was free and had a strong signal. We caught a taxi there from the airport - 300 pesos - but the hotel organised a transfer for us (when we had to taxi back) for only 200 peso - which was great.
During our stay we had the need for a English speaking doctor - which the concierge organised & the doctor arrived very quickly and was very professional.

Cons: The room was small and darkish. The bathroom was quite small and you were only able to shower with a handheld shower attachment - making washing your hair very difficult!. No in-room fridge.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Luis Antonio S, Director General at NH Mexico City Centro Historico, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Mr.

I would like to thank you for the time you took to write to us about your recent experience at the NH Centro Histórico hotel in Mexico City, I do value your feedback and apologize for the inconveniences you had during your stay.
Our aim is to provide our guests with excellent service, quality food and beverages and a comfortable room to rest.
Sincerely
Paris
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Pros: Situation in Mexico city, bed quality, cleanness, breakfast choice and quality when no rush.

Cons: We could not sleep at all the first night because of partying hotel neighbors next door, we had the reception to contact them in order to quiet them, which had almost no effect. We then asked to change room, which was no issue for the hotel, but we landed in a much smaller room (I think third the size of the original one), so that was not ideal, since the hotel didn't seem fully booked at all.
Breakfast is good but staff is easily pressed on rush hour and buffet was quite empty the second morning.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Luis Antonio S, Director General at NH Mexico City Centro Historico, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Mr.

I would like to thank you for the time you took to write to us about your recent experience at the NH Centro Historico hotel in Mexico City, I do value your feedback and apologize for the inconveniences you had during your stay.

My team and I would appreciate the opportunity of being able to welcome you back to NH Centro Historico and of being of service to you in the near future, I am sure we will exceed your expectations. Once again, please accept our apologies.

Austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

My husband and I missed a flight and got stuck in Mexico City for the night. We enjoyed it so much that we decided to stay another night and check out more of the city. The hotel is very quiet, clean and comfortable, breakfast was quite good with lots of variety. The location is wonderful and very safe. We had a really great 2 night stay. WiFi occasionally slow. Lighting in room was modern but dim.

Room Tip: Room 417. View of building across street, not ugly or spectacular. Complimentary drinks provided in...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Luis Antonio S, Director General at NH Mexico City Centro Historico, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Guest

Our aim is to provide our guests with excellent service, quality food and beverages and a comfortable room. I am very happy that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations.

Stonington, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Our room was an odd shape - kind of a wedge, with one small window to the air shaft, making it very dark. I asked to change rooms and I was shown several others at the same price, which were really small. Our friend had booked a "suite", which was one room with a sitting area, but it cost more. The bathtub and shower in our room was an awkward climb over and in arrangement. Her bathroom was perfect. The restaurant upstairs serves a lovely buffet breakfast, but when we tried it for a light dinner after a long day of exploring, it was quite disappointing. Who can't make a club sandwich? The service was polite, and the location is great. Kind of a business hotel, and part of a chain which has much better hotels in other locations. You can do better than this, I am sure, but it was okay. Just okay.

Room Tip: Go for a suite.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Luis Antonio S, Director General at NH Mexico City Centro Historico, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Miss:

The management staff and I are dedicated to offer the quality and standard of services you expect from a hotel like the NH Centro Histórico, and the deficiencies you mention are definitely not acceptable. I can assure you that steps have been taken to ensure these types of incidents do not occur again.

Augsburg, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

We had a reservation and when we arrived on Jan, 14th the receptionist told us, our room could be ready in 20 minutes, if we pay 500 Pesos in cash. Otherwise we would have to wait for hours. Never experienced this practice in any other hotel! Rooms are clean, but very small. For elder or handicapped people it might be difficult to take a shower, steps are very high.

• Stayed January 2014
Luis Antonio S, Director General at NH Mexico City Centro Historico, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
For me is very important comment that'll check the procedure of early check in order not to cause misunderstanding

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Great location, really friendly staff and quick check in/out. Bar was closed and there were 'suspension' notices all over the place as they hadn't displayed their rates properly or something. The rooms were really small and very dark and a bit cold, but as to be expected given the location. I didn't really like the bathrooms as the showers were not too hot and it was difficult to get out of the bath. There were no headboards on the beds (singles) which I thought was a bit basic.

The breakfasts were pretty ok though and the location is good for sightseeing, although I think if I was staying again I would choose a hotel in the Zona Roma or Contesa as there are more restaurants and bars around there and the restaurants around NH Centro are touristy and bad food (but great views of the square).

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Luis Antonio S, Director General at NH Mexico City Centro Historico, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Miss: