“Had a lovely stay...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Mexico City

You added Le Meridien Mexico City to your Saves list
Le Meridien Mexico City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Paseo de la Reforma 69 | Col. Tabacalera, Mexico City 06030, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Fascinating Spring Break
Ranked #26 of 293 Hotels in Mexico City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Had a lovely stay...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Wonderful rooms, the beds are plush, clean, perfect. We had a suite with a separate sleeper sofa, table, chairs and bar. I loved the tub and e bathroom, very modern and loved having big towels! I enjoyed the breakfast buffet, especially the Sunday Brumch which was excellent. The location is fantastic, we will come back, great hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
LeMeridienMexicoCity, General Manager at Le Meridien Mexico City, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
We sincerely thank you for your kind review and for commending Le Méridien Mexico City. It is great to hear you enjoyed our service and hotel features. Moreover, we are pleased to hear that such positive experience has earned us your loyalty and that you will consider us the hotel of your choice for your next visit. We will be truly honoured to welcome you and your family back again in the near future and provide you with our same warm hospitality making your stay at Mexico City a very memorable one.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I recommend Le Meridien for a Mexico City hotel stay. The hotel is modern, clean, and well maintained. The rooms are spacious, comfortable, and of luxury caliber. The hotel is well situated for both tourists and business, with an easy walk to both tourist sites and downtown office buildings. Rooms are quiet and daily maid service is top notch. It seems to be in a secure neighborhood on a busy thoroughfare and safety was never a concern.

Service is excellent, with a free drink at check in, friendly and helpful concierge, free bottled water in the room daily.

This hotel also offers a good value.

The only thing I do not recommend is the breakfast buffet and the onsite Starbucks which are relatively quite expensive.

All around great stay, and I recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
LeMeridienMexicoCity, General Manager at Le Meridien Mexico City, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
On behalf of the entire team at Le Méridien Mexico City we truly appreciate your positive review and high ratings. We are glad to learn that you enjoyed our hotel and our amenities and that our staff made you feel welcome. We have reviewed your comment regarding our breakfast buffet and we highly value your constructive feedback. We would like to mention that our prices are established by performing a thorough comparative analysis amongst the area, thus we can remain competitive. We are truly grateful you have taken the time to recommend our hotel and we look forward to having you with us again as our valued guest.
Alamos, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

The rooms are beautiful, breakfast is great. The beds are very comfortable. Central location in the city.The staff always remembers my name. The taxis connected with the hotel are too expensive, should just hail a taxi on the Street.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for having taken the time on writing about your positive experience following your recent stay at Le Méridien Mexico City. It is great to hear you enjoyed our hospitality and personalized service, our staff will be thrilled to know that they made you feel welcome and well acknowledged. On behalf of the entire team, we are pleased to see that you consider us now your favourite hotel in Mexico City and we sincerely hope to have you again with us in the very near future.
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

My wife and I recently spent 8 nights at this great hotel for our first trip to Mexico City. We were initially concerned that since this hotel was centrally located on Paseo de la Reforma, it might be a little noisy. However our suite on the 17th floor was extremely quiet. The rooms were excellent, with large sitting room with bar and flat screen TV separate from a spacious bedroom with floor to ceiling windows. The king size bed was very comfortable, much more so than other hotels that we have stayed in in Mexico. We were very pleasantly surprised to find a coin operated washer and dryer in a room adjacent to the pool/spa and exercise room. What a great amenity that we hardly ever see at other hotels! The staff, without exception, were all extremely polite, friendly and attentive. We especially enjoyed Eduardo at the main entrance who always had a kind word and was helpful in obtaining transportation when we needed it. The Hotel is in a great central location between the Centro Historico and Zona Rosa on Paseo de la Reforma. It is very accessible to Mexico's great Metro (3 pesos), within walking distance to three Metro stations, and just across the street from "Hop on Hop off" Tour bus stop. While I enjoy practicing my Spanish while in Mexico, the staff spoke such excellent English that I reserved my Spanish speaking opportunities outside the Hotel.. We enjoy to travel different parts of the world and can honestly say that Mexico City is definitely one of the most interesting cities that we have ever been to and that Hotel Le Meridien was the perfect base for our trip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
LeMeridienMexicoCity, General Manager at Le Meridien Mexico City, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
On behalf of the entire team, we thank for such discerning review. We are very glad to know that you were not disappointed by your choice and that our hotel was the ideal locale to learn about the folklore of our great City. It is great to hear that you found our hotel to be conveniently suitable for your needs, particularly being a long stay and the first time visit in Mexico City and furthermore, that the service provided by our staff revealed, at all times, their genuine commitment of making each and every of our guests feel welcome. Thank you for your preference and we hope that for your next trip, we will continue to be the hotel of your choice.
Toledo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I traveled here on business. I had never been to Mexico City before and did not know what to expect. I had no difficulty navigating my way around the hotel or interacting with staff. They speak fluent English (a bonus for someone like me who can not speak passable Spanish). The rooms are luxury - top notch. They have anything you could want. There's a stocked fridge, snacks, a huge living room with another TV. Accessible power outlets were a welcome relief as compared to most hotels, where you have to move furniture. The internet access is decent speed, and you can use it for work purposes. The rooms are very quiet (good soundproofing). I stayed here for 3 days and never heard a peep from outside the room. There is a restaurant and bar on site if you are so inclined. There is also a fitness center. Anything you need, you just ask the staff and they will help you out. The area is very safe - it's in the business district. It's an expensive place, but if you're looking for location, safety, and amenities, look no further.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
LeMeridienMexicoCity, General Manager at Le Meridien Mexico City, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
We sincerely thank you for having taken the time on writing about your experience following your recent stay. It is great to hear you felt safe in our hotel and in our great City. We are glad that our main goal of making our guests feel like home was achieved, our staff really do their best on extending their best service possible to each and every of our guests. We are glad that our amenities and services were according to their needs and that you had a good rest in our spacious rooms. We truly thank you for commending our new Le Méridien Mexico City and hope to have you again with us for your next trip.
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

When I booked my hotels in Mexico, I saw that they have now a Meridien. From the comments I can see its fairly recent. In any case, they gave me a corner suite in the 18th floor. The rooms are very big and very comfortable, ( just too bad it's a bath tub and not a walk in shower).

The service was excellent throughout my stay. The breakfast buffet is excellent, and you can order eggs, as it is included.

On one of the nights I was there, Mexico had an earthquake, a 5,8 in the south of the city. The people told me after that it was a small one...well, I don't want to experience stronger. On the 18th floor my bed was dancing, the doors were flapping. It did not last very long, but I felt extremely safe throughout. I think the building is really well made to resist these.

The bartenders on the Lobby floor are very friend,y and generous in their drinks.

The hotel taxi however, ummmm... There are nicer taxis in the street, therefore for the price, go for the street taxi, just make sure the driver uses the meter before you get in.

Le Meridien is also in a great location...don't fear going in the streets behind it during the week. It has the vibrant life of Mexico with all these outdoor food vendors.

Room Tip: If you need more "free" bottles of water, simply ask or go to the gym on B2 and get some...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
LeMeridienMexicoCity, General Manager at Le Meridien Mexico City, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
We sincerely appreciate your thorough and favourable review. It is great to hear that you widely enjoyed your stay at the new Le Méridien Mexico City as well as the all-day vitality of our great city, taking advantage of our convenient location. We are very glad to know you felt safe at all times and that our staff, particularly our bartenders, made you feel welcome. We appreciate your feedback regarding the tourist guides' site at the hotel. You can rest assured that we work along with them on a daily basis so they provide our guests with the same quality service as the hotel staff. Thank you for your constructive feedback which allows us to strive for excellence. We truly hope to have you again with us next time you visit Mexico City as our valued guest.
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

After 5 years of constant travel to Mexico City I have finally found an amazing hotel that has it all. The rooms are sparkling clean, and spacious. The beds are comfortable and cozy, the wireless internet connection was strong and steady, even on the 19th floor and best of all the rooms are supper QUIET, I didn't hear a thing in my room my entire stay. I sing high enough praises for the staff, they were helpful and went above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable. The food was very good and their selection of healthy options is one of the best I have seen. If you are ordering room service, the salmon is a great option. The only thing that could use improvement is the cramped gym, but honestly the machines are very well kept and I had no problems working out as there was no one else in there every time I used it. The location is great, right on Reforma, you can take a walk safely around the neighborhood and the drivers of the hotel, though pricey are well worth it. This hotel is exactly what I would expect a Starwood location to be.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
LeMeridienMexicoCity, General Manager at Le Meridien Mexico City, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
On behalf of the entire team at Le Méridien Mexico City, we deeply thank you for your time on writing such a positive review. Knowing that everything went as expected and that you felt well assisted by our staff encourages us to continue providing our guests with our warmest hospitality and with the highest quality service possible. Above all, it is our great honour to hear that you finally found at our hotel your “home away from home” whilst in Mexico City. We will be sincerely pleased to welcome you back again as our valued guest for your future trips.

Been to Le Meridien Mexico City? Share your experiences!