When I booked my hotels in Mexico, I saw that they have now a Meridien. From the comments I can see its fairly recent. In any case, they gave me a corner suite in the 18th floor. The rooms are very big and very comfortable, ( just too bad it's a bath tub and not a walk in shower).
The service was excellent throughout my stay. The breakfast buffet is excellent, and you can order eggs, as it is included.
On one of the nights I was there, Mexico had an earthquake, a 5,8 in the south of the city. The people told me after that it was a small one...well, I don't want to experience stronger. On the 18th floor my bed was dancing, the doors were flapping. It did not last very long, but I felt extremely safe throughout. I think the building is really well made to resist these.
The bartenders on the Lobby floor are very friend,y and generous in their drinks.
The hotel taxi however, ummmm... There are nicer taxis in the street, therefore for the price, go for the street taxi, just make sure the driver uses the meter before you get in.
Le Meridien is also in a great location...don't fear going in the streets behind it during the week. It has the vibrant life of Mexico with all these outdoor food vendors.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rising above the timeless Paseo de la Reforma, Le Méridien Mexico City is located in a district that exemplifies the city’s juxtaposition. Renowned museums and other cultural attractions contrast with numerous businesses and financial resources.The hotel facilitates pleasurable stays with such features as sightseeing tours, a fitness center, indoor pool, and a variety of dining experiences for every occasion and every taste. Three smart function spaces can accommodate up to 100 guests.Our 160 suites are illuminating environments for business and leisure; some afford outstanding skyline views. Separate living and bedroom spaces ensure privacy and the ability to host small gatherings. Marble bathrooms offer exclusive brand amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Le Meridien Mexico City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Mexico City - Reforma Hotel Mexico City
- Embassy Suites Reforma
- Mexico City Embassy Suites
- Le Meridien Mexico City