“Fantastic Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 287 Hotels in Mexico City
Tacoma, WA
“Fantastic Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

A very new hotel, and one of the nicest Hilton's I have stayed at.

The Executive Lounge was very good, somewhat limited selection of wines but the ones they had were good. I really liked the little Ham/Cheese Sandwiches and Guacamole with Tortilla Chips were a nice touch as appetizers.

Very attentive and pleasant Lounge Staff both for Happy Hour and Breakfast.

Breakfast I thought was great, good choice of hot and cold items. Love the Coffee Machine!

I am a Gold HH Member so had a room on the Executive Floor just down the hall from the Executive Lounge that was very convenient! My room was very nice, large and most importantly quite with a very comfortable bed and great shower! This will be my regular hotel for future Mexico City business trips.

Room Tip: 9th Floor Executive Floor, same floor as the Executive Lounge is on.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
angelica b, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Mexico City Santa Fe, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Forwarder,
Thank you very much for taking your time to post and share your comments with us and other travelers.
We are very pleased that the facilities, in particular our executive lounge was used to your convenience and was a nice bonus to your experience at the Hilton Mexico City Santa Fe.
Angelica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Cincinnati, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

So, totally mixed review here. First of all, this newer property is absolutely wonderful. The rooms, lobby, restaurant, bar, etc. are all beautifully designed and well appointed. From that standpoint this is definitely a 4 1/2 star, if not a 5 star hotel. Additionally the staff is genuinely nice and helpful, doing their best to help you have an enjoyable stay.

On the downside, they still need work on issue resolution. On my last night - when I was exhausted and had an early flight the next morning - I walk into the bathroom to brush my teeth and notice there is water dripping on me from the ceiling. Long story short, after long attempts to fix it and relocate me, I finally pack up my belongings and head to a different room. Besides not handling the situation efficiently, I was never offered any kind of token for my difficulty and shortened sleep. I was not looking for free nights or refunds, just an apology and some free hilton points or something like that. It was just disappointing there wasn't more of an attempt, not what I am used to from Hilton.

I will most likely revert back to the Westin Santa Fe on my next trip while Hilton gets through some pains as a new property, but it is nice enough that I will certainly try again in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where the bathroom ceiling doesn't leak ;)
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
angelica b, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Mexico City Santa Fe, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Seinenb,
First of all I want to thank you for taking the time to share your last experience at our hotel. It is good to read that you enjoyed our privileged location and our service at the executive floor. On the other hand, I am sorry for the inconveniences you experienced in your room. I will personally deliver your comments to the respective departments to improve our services.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you.
Angelica B
Beverly Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Perfect Hotel , I have been to lots of Hiltons ,being gold and sometimes diamond on hh.this is one of the best hiltons i have ever been to. Gorgeous clean design, perfect staff. Everyone makes you feel welcome, huge suite , nice asian (?) decoration, 2 huge tv screens, no jacuzzi but fantastic tequila plate as welcome amenity. Best pool in mexico i have seen so far and in walking distance to 3 malls. Samara mall is actually within the hotel complex with a fantastic supermarket.
Get a regular taxi at 100 pesos to get back to mexico city ,the hotel charges 590 :)
Fantastic hotel !!! The executive lounge was good, some wines from chiles and some innovative finger food. Could have been a little bit more maybe lol...
Breakfast was great ,but try to have it earlier than 9 because afterwrads it really got crowded up there .....
Best hotel in mexico I know

Room Tip: Try to get a suite
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
angelica b, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Mexico City Santa Fe, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Mexico City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Great business hotel with gorgeous rooms and common areas. It is connected to a shopping center with various restaurants a grocery store as well as a movie theater with VIP service. We stayed in a Junior Suite and much appreciated it. The bathroom is enormous with both a bath tub and a shower and the working desk was very comfortable. Our Dachshund came along and enjoyed very much her hotel bed as well as other small amenities the staff provided. I do not have a single complain regarding this past stay and I look forward at staying there again.

Room Tip: Junior suites are amazing
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Jerome L, General Manager at Hilton Mexico City Santa Fe, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Vincebilodeau,
I want to thank you very much for your message for several reasons.
First of all for taking th etime to share your experience but also for giving us a chance to change your perception about our hotel and stay again.
I am glad you (and Lakshmi) had an enjoyable stay. I like you daschund's picture a lot.

I will be happy to welcome you again in the future.
Jerome Luciani
Mexico City Sanat Fe, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Excellent for the business traveller, new hotel, shopping centre and a selection of good restaurants close by. Absolutly no surprises, always dependable especially after a long journey. Easily arranged travel to and from the airport and locally to office.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Jerome L, Director General at Hilton Mexico City Santa Fe, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your kind words and for talking the time to share your experience.
Since you will be back, I will be glad to meet with you in person.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at MEXSA_GM@hilton.com.

Have a great rest of the week.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Stay on the Executive floor if you can - it's worth it especially if you are with your family. Valet is very slow and I had issues with the keyless entry. Below the hotel are high-end grocery (Chedraui), movie theatres, and restaurants. Very safe area. The large Sante Fe Mall is a few KM away - hotel taxi is 100 pesos or taxi on the street is 40 pesos.

Room Tip: Stay on Executive floor, and the 15th floor bar is refreshing.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
angelica b, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Mexico City Santa Fe, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Josh R,
Tarrytown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

The staff are very professional and courteous....the rooms are clean, the beds comfortable and the linens were crisp and fresh...The bathroom was spacious and the lightening was good. There is a mall an elevator ride down from the lobby or a short taxi drive away is one of the largest in Mexico City and so is sightseeing in the historic district...make sure you check the weather in advance if you want sun...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Cocosmom2,
I want to thank you for taking your time to post and share your comments with us and other travelers. We are extremely pleased that the room that we had for you met your needs and especially that the shopping center that we have attached to the hotel was used to your convenience.
I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our property in a not so distant future.
Angelica B

Been to Hilton Mexico City Santa Fe? Share your experiences!