“Great place. Beat expectations.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Plaza Revolucion

You added Hotel Plaza Revolucion to your Saves list
Hotel Plaza Revolucion
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jesus Teran 35 | Colonia Tabacalera, Mexico City 06030, Mexico   |
Ranked #35 of 287 Hotels in Mexico City
sydney
“Great place. Beat expectations.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

It was a great hotel BUT be warned they charge a big servi e fee just for calling a taxi (80 pesos on top of the normal rate) its cheaper to get a taxi on the street.
Staff try but do not understand english well.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Hi ... I hope this review helps because I feel this hotel is a good deal for many ...
The hotel is very clean and smartly furnished. The rooms are not that big but big enough!
I love that they have a modern marble like stall shower with a nice glass door so you don't have to deal with a stupid shower curtain!!!! The beds are comfortable but on the firm side ... I prefer the other way but .... has great pillows and the bedding has quality sheets that are clean clean clean ... first cabin in this regard! The whole hotel is simple but smartly done!
People have commented on the area outside the hotel so let me touch on that. I found it not to be a problem but I could see where some could! It's an area that is on the upswing but has not totally arrived ... so you will see a few downtrodden as you walk the half block or so to the main street!
The hotel is very well located in town and has super first class taxis that are assigned to the hotel and they wait in front to take you wherever you want to go! Those who are more on a budget can walk a block or so and catch a taxi on the street! For a budget hotel in Mexico City ... it's hard to beat!
The staff was very polite to me and the manager Paula was helpful ... spoke very good English and so I would recommend calling her before your stay to get the type of accommodations you prefer! Happy trails to you .....

Room Tip: Has 5 floors ... stay on top if possible
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

The room I got overlooked a little internal courtyard and was very nice, and well appointed. Bed was comfy. The room was very quiet apart from the very distinct sound of snoring coming from next door. It was so off putting I ended up having to put the aircon on to drown it out. Staff were very helpful and I was able to keep my room until 5pm without any issues. I’d happily stay here on my next trip to Mexico City.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

plaza revolucion is an interesting area, not far away from most attractions including chapultepec. i rode on my bike anywhere. the hotel is the most bike unfriendly i have seen anywhere in the world. they even wanted me to enter the hotel through the garage on a folding bike !!!
in general i found the staff very unfriendly even though i had nice conversations in spanish with some of the friendlier employees. breakfast is expensive and small, walk 5 minutes and get a better breakfast outside or even across the street. be careful in the area at night. it is a neighborhood where streetwalkers hang out.

rooms are small but very functional and even stylish. the doors leave a huge gap when closed so you will hear any noise from outside. i got woken up several times by inconsiderate people. the bed was comfortable. bathrooms are large with walk-in showers. web speed was fast.

Room Tip: to the courtyard and higher up will most likely be more quiet
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Location of hotel in conjunction with zocolo is excellent. I would recommend staying away from the hotel restaurant - my husband and I each had one cup of coffee (no refills) and the price was $750 pesos (more expensive than Starbucks and not even close to being that good). The room itself was nice & clean but hot.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Budapest, Hungary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I only spend a couple of days in this hotel in March, but I can tell that I felt safe as a lone female traveler. The room was clean and comfy, however I could heard music coming from the clubs nearby in the evening. The staff was very nice and helpfull, helped me organise my next day trip in minutes.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I like to stay in Roma or COndesa, but had just a couple of days to do the quick tour with a friend, so I chose this hotel for its location close to Metro transit and easy walk to lots of museums, galleries and sites on our agenda.

It's a little tucked away, so each of the 3 times we took a taxi, the driver didn't know the address or hotel name and relied on our noting of the landmark building (Loteria Nacional) on a nearby corner.

The reno is very nice... modern, with architectural references that reminded me of the nearby post office (make sure you visit it). The rooms are small, but nicely decorated and the bathrooms are quite lovely. All is MUCH cleaner than any hotel I have stayed in at similar budget (we paid about $800 pesos/night) So, great value in that sense.

On the downside, our interior courtyard room (308) was STIFLING. It wasn't so hot outside, but there was no air circulation. For privacy, there is stylish panel that slides in front of the window/door. It looks nice, but blocks ANY air, even if you open the sliding door. There's a fancy thermostat in the room that indicates fan and ventilation, but it seemed not to do anything we were asking it to do. I told the front desk after our first rather sleepless night, that the room was very hot and could someone adjust the thermostat, but we got in late that night and were too tired to follow up (the unit was OFF when we returned)-- so I just left the panel open with the window (screenless) ajar.

Someone else in a review said they were brought a portable air-con unit... which I will ask for the next time (because I expect I will stay there again)

The other thing is they set up a continental breakfast in the cafe area. I assumed it was complimentary because it was just basic cereal, yogurt, pastries and fruit.. much like other hotels offer for free. I had a small container of yogurt, a bit of fruit and some NESCAFE (I was shocked they didn't apply same quality choices to the food offerings as they did to the reno). nowhere was a menu/ prices noted and I was charged 80pesos for this little bit of food. Not only was the price absurd (though hotels are notorious for inflated food prices), I felt a bit deceived by the way it was presented. I suggest they post something so that guests know what they will pay for the "light" breakfast.

Otherwise... the staff was nice, the beds comfortable and the atmosphere stylish and fairly priced.

Room Tip: probably best not to stay on courtyard side. The street side is likely quiet at night and you'll...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Plaza Revolucion? Share your experiences!