“amazing food served by 2 beautiful people” 5 of 5 stars

+52 55 5535 2136
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 1,743 restaurants in Mexico City
Cuisines: Argentinean, Italian
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Timetable. Monday to Friday 1 pm to 9.30. Saturday from 2 pm to 10.00 Pm No card
London, United Kingdom
“amazing food served by 2 beautiful people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I never normally write reviews but I felt compelled to write one for Gotan after being so warmly looked after by Viviana and her husband, we literally fell in love with them and their food.
I am a vegetarian so find it hard to eat in central/south America but i had no problem, there were loads of options to chose from. my boyfriend- a meat lover-was blown away by the quality of the meat and cooking.
Definitely some of the best food we've had.

• Visited October 2013

94% Recommend
London
“Great food served like family.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

We'd spent the day wandering around MC and wanted a peaceful place to enjoy some quality food. Found this on TA and were very impressed. The quality of the meat was superb - we had both the lamb and the beef - it was cooked perfectly, and the accompaniments were excellent - especially the habanero sauce (hot hot hot!).

What really makes this place special is the way you are looked after. We speak next to no Spanish but with the aid of an iPad, the very patient owner, some pictures, and a very helpful fellow diner, we were able to enjoy exactly what we wanted and also get some great tips for the rest of our South American adventure.

Highly recommended.

Visited October 2013
Seattle
“Wonderful food wonderful people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Had just spent a week in Mexico City and was wanting some meat... And all of our expectations were met and then some - from the empanadas, the pasta, the papas, the salad and the perfectly cooked meat ( we like it rare and that is exactly the way it came) our experience couldn't be beat. We also had an opportunity to try the desert handed down from Viviana's abuela and all we could say was thank you abuela. The atmosphere is delightful and you are really missing out if you don't go here when you are in Mexico City. Thanks again to Viviana and Juan Carlos for a evening of great fun!

• Visited October 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
“Gotan: Go there & go there hungry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We have rarely been as warmly welcomed In a restaurant as we were by Viviana & her husband, who take great pride in the quality of their food & service. Its an inviting place, a narrow room with dark wooden tables & colorful murals of Argentine personalities. It felt cosy on the rainy day when we visited. We both ordered from the parilla/grill section of the menu, chicken with chimichurri for me, bife de chorizo ( which is tender steak, not sausage) for my husband. Both were very enjoyable Pasta and milanesas are also available. Trying to avoid gluttony, we elected not to order appetizers, but were given complementary empanadas, one ground beef, one of caramelized onions & cheese, both in tender flaky pastry. We were happy with an inexpensive bottle of Las Moras vino tinto, but there is a small selection of carefully chosen finer French & Argentine wine available. The " de la nonna" dessert, based on the owner's grandmothers recipe is wonderful -- cheesecake like, with lemon mousse and almonds. This was our last night in Mexico City, and this meal made a very nice finale to our vacation.
I found out about Gotan because I was looking for somewhere for dinner near the Museo San Carlos. Should you wish to duplicate the art and dinner experience, the museum is reachable from the Revolucion Metro station, at the corner of Puente de Alvarado & Arispe. To reach the restaurant walk 2 blocks down Arispe to Edison, go left till you get to Pedro Barranda. Gotan is open until 8pm.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brugge, West-Vlaanderen, Belgium
“'simply' top-notch!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Being a vegetarian, I usually hope to find something on the menu that could please me.
In this Argentinian restaurant, I felt respect for my vegetarian attitude and the friendly owner explained me all the options that might fit me.
I had a very nice meal with fresh ingredients and the presentation was quite top!
Very good food, nice drinks, very good bread, top desserts!!

An Argentinian restaurant, where meat is important, that treats its vegetarian guests as kings:
very satisfying!! I'm quite sure the meat dishes are excellent as well, only, for the other kings...

Big up!! respect from Belgium!

• Visited August 2013