“suprased my expectations...” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Mexico
“suprased my expectations...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I ended up walking into Maja just by curiosity as I was walking in the Roma neighborhood, the food here is amazing, all the dishes me and my friends had were delicious, I think my favorite would be the gazpacho, suuuper fresh and tasty. While we waited for our main dishes we had an order of "pan tomate with prosciuto" and then another and i coul'dve eaten those all night, amazing. The restaurant overall has a cosy hip vibe, good spot!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Nice contemporary twist to my fav cuisine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed the experience, service was excellent, atmosphere smart casual, portions were good too. Wine was supreme! I would only suggest to get rid of the fat of the lamb's ribs, other than that, just keep improving, I will keep going!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Maybe Tripadvisor made a mistake?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I fully agree with kalimata. I can mention several dozen restaurants in Mexico City that are better, including a dozen or more Spanish. To start I hate Valet parking that I believe should be paid by the restaurant; tipping OK. Modern decor with cement floors. Waiters attentive but still and all we waited more than 30 minutes for a glass of water. Short menu and expensive for restaurants in Mexico City. Best are the "entradas" and deserts. Mexican wine was good. Rest rooms are an invitation for an accident, specially for elder people since there are no handrails on steep and poorly illuminated areas. Would I go back? Well yes, if I am in the neighbourhood, but I will not make an extra effort to go there

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Surprisingly amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I had no great expectations but it is a place to go for sure. Service is excellent, food is AMAZING! Decor of the place is cozy but yet cool and modern. They give you a small appetizer that is part of the menu with the intention you try something from the menu and to know it. Cool idea and clever thing to do. We had chuleton that is meat for 2 it was enough but was outstanding! As well we had croquetas de jamon serrano and chocolate cake. Need to go.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
india
“Overrated on Trip Advisor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

It makes it to the top 5 in the TA ratings but this restaurant is just barely OK. Nothing wrong with the food, it was bettere than OK, but the atmosphere was just dull and the place felt unloved with just 2 tables occupied. After reading reviews we expected something better.

Visited May 2013