I was staying there because I had to find some quick emergency solution after let down by some "hosts" that don't deserve that name. Anyway. This was a recommendation from a former UNAM student who lodged there before me, and so I went and lived there for almost a week.
At the time I was there they had some reconstruction and the restaurant was closed. The good was that it was very quiet and I had a double room all for myself most of the time.
- good practical location near Copilco metro station.
- the place is generally clean, well-kept and secure
- free and fast wifi
- friendly and young staff
- quiet place. noise reduction rules in place and respected by everyone, including those who "made" them.
- the price is really a steal
- Copilco is a very safe and good area, but down to earth and practically organized.
- there are smaller shops nearby where to buy breakfast and other snacks.
- the built in resto which i tried on the last day of my stay (when it finally opened) seems to be very good indeed.
- a curfew at 11:30pm was no big problem for me but I really think they should get rid of it. Not even the hostel in the center has one (a slightly less safe area).
- When I once came back at 11:30 sharp I was let in only reluctantly by the doorkeep, rubbing his eyes in protest. Are they sleeping on the job or what?
- Bathrooms aren't very private at all. And the overflowing toilet paper baskets are plainly disgusting.
- Also other types of waste bins were constantly full or overflowing.
If they don't like to empty them, then maybe they should write a note where to empty them oneself!
- I was there in january and it was [--] cold at night. I had to wear a cap and scarf at night, and 3 blankets. I barely managed to get by without catching a serious cold.
- If you aren't affiliated with the UNAM, or otherwise some sort of student, probably this place isn't really meant for you (but you can come anyway).
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelBookers so you can book your El Cenote Azul Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Cenote Azul Hostel Mexico City