“It's all about the service ” 4 of 5 stars

W Mexico City
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Campos Eliseos 252, Mexico City 11560, Mexico   |
Ranked #50 of 287 Hotels in Mexico City
Mexico
“It's all about the service ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

After reading a couple of the reviews, I was kind of skeptical to stay over here, at the end I found a really good rate and decided to give it a try. Well let me tell you it was the best decision I could ever made.
Let me start by saying that yes, the hotel it's quite dated, and they are in the middle of a full refreshment. By the day I checked out the renovation on the lobby and bar was 99% done.
Starting with the check in, staff was really polite and always referring to me by my last name, asking about my room preferences. Bell boy takes us to our room, and yeah as other reviews state, the configuration it's quite weird, but that doesn't mean bed and pillows are not comfortable, big spaces, huge shower and tub area, and no, I couldn't hear any music or noise so my rest was really good!
The concierge was really helpful in getting us all the reservations we wanted for the restaurants in the area, within hours I had all my conformations in my room.
You can't beat the area! Within walking distance of all the restaurants, shopping areas, and museums, W has one of the best locations in Mexico City.
Now, service! Let me tell you I have traveled quite a bit, and I work in this industry, and I was amazed by the level of service I found in the W bar. Rene, the barman is your must to go person! The level of professionalism and the way he interacts with customers it's out of this world. From creating a perfect cocktail to recommending places to have lunch or dinner, this guy is one of the few people I have met in the way that really delivers the W motto, and you can really tell he loves his job.
Overall a really nice place to stay, enjoy a nice cocktail in one of the most trendy areas in Mexico City. I can't wait to visit them when all the refreshment project it's done!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
W_Experience, Manager at W Mexico City, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Hello zaan,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to have you here during your last trip at Mexico City. We are going to share all your great comments as a motivation to keep providing world class service.

We hope you can visit us again once the renovation at the rooms is finished so you can give us the feedback we need to be the best hotel!

Warm regards,
Whatever/Whenever

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Greek first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Loved the W in Mexico City! Stayed there for 1 night and I have zero complaints. The service was perfect, the location was great and it was very clean. The hotel is located near a stop for the "hop on and hop off" tours so it was perfect. It was also near some of the most hip restaurants. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
W_Experience, Manager at W Mexico City, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Hello Anita F,

We are so glad to hear you really enjoyed your time with us. This kind of comments make us to keep providing the best service we can.

Looking forward to see you again,

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

At the W everything has been designed for your comfort and wellness. Modern, decorated with excellency, you will find the right balance between price and feeling unique. Located in the hotels area of Polanco is a great place to stay a weekend or simply come by the bar an have finest drinks in a red walls and lighting ambient that brings you a warm space to stay. The suites are wonderful. Do not hesitate to visit it. The marlin carpaccio is awesome and delicious, try it, will make your stay at the bar.

Room Tip: The wonderful room type are great, quiet, spacious and have a special touch that
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
W_Experience, Manager at W Mexico City, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Hello Federico,

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us.
We at W strive to make each guest experience memorable and pleasant, and it is always nice to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

Hope to have you here soon.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

the room i had was amazing, bright, big and designed in a very modern style. It even had a hammock in the bathroom. they were still remodelling the lobby, but i was pleasantly surpirsed by the lightness of the room. I experienced and also other people were telling me that the W hotel rooms in other cities are dark.

Room Tip: get one the new styled rooms on the top floor and enoy the view over the city from your hammock.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
W_Experience, Manager at W Mexico City, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Hi M_Widjaja,

Our Living Bar at the lobby is already finished with the new look, please feel free to visit us again and give us your feedback also I am pleased to know that you love the light in our rooms.

Hope to see you soon,

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

The hotel is fine - it is a W, with everything that this entails. It is true that the interior is starting to show its age, but it is in no way shabby. In a world of generic hotel experiences, this is at least unique (in a good way). Maybe not ideally suited to the traditional business traveller, but I've always enjoyed the slightly impractical side of the W hotels.

The outstanding feature, by a long shot, is the great service from everyone that I encountered - especially the reception desk. Always friendly and helpful, as expected, but also very resourceful when I had a crisis (100% my fault). I would also recommend using the hotel's drivers, who offered a similar level of service.

Room Tip: I had a room high up, but colleagues on some lower floors complained about street noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
W_Experience, Manager at W Mexico City, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Hello G4about,

We really appreciate all the comments about the service of our staff as our priority is to create experiences; in addition, I would like to inform you that our rooms will be renovated soon and, by the moment, you can come again to visit our new Living Bar with the W concept you mentioned you enjoy.

Regards!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Hotel staff exceptionally welcoming and accommodating, especially when addressing an issue with the room. Large, spacious and very comfortable rooms. Great location in Polanco district. Close to great restaurants and shopping.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
W_Experience, Manager at W Mexico City, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Hello Hadi-NYC,

Thank you for your great feedback, it is always nice to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope to have you here again soon.

Warm regards,
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

So, let me start by saying I am a business traveller, so this will be a very biased review. That being said, here are the good things:
- service is extremely good
- fits all the basic for a 4 star: clean, good rooms, etc
- location is amazing, specially if you wanna be in the trendy/cool places, though I would still prefer condesa
Now to things I would improve:
- i find the music which is endlessly playing in every public facility annoying. You cant have a quiet breakfast or read a book at the restaurant - thats impossible
- some of the facilities are getting old - furniture chipping, old carpet, things like that. There seems to be a renovation going on right now, but looks like it's only on the main lobby
- my room smelled like cigarettes even though it was a non-smoking room
- i really don't understand why every room service comes with a mandatory service fee AND a delivery fee! I am usually a great tipper, but under those circumstances I never tip! By the way, st regis never does a thing like that why W does it beats me.
- the restaurant is not the priority, the bar is. Which means it took me 1.5 hour to get a burger and dessert at the restaurant on a friday night. So really, just go the restaurants in the area. You are better off.
- the hotel staff is kind of unaware of what are the needs for a business traveller. As I arrived, they told me I would get the room in one hour. 45 min have passed and being extremely late for work, I ask if I can have a shower and unpack a few things. The staff tells me i can use the spa for the shower, but I literally have to unpack in the lobby in front if everyone. I mean, how about leading me to somewhere private before heading to the spa? Come on, totally clueless!
- my phone stopped working and after bringing it to the reception, I am still waiting for it...

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
W_Experience, Manager at W Mexico City, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear ElisaKJ,

Please accept my most profound apologies for all the inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us, our main goal is to make each visit of our guests a W Experience.

I can assure you we will correct all the issues you mentioned as we want to deliver world class service with our facilities and the staff properly trained.

By the moment, as you pointed out, only the living (our lobby) and the Restaurant are in renew, however all the rooms will be redecorated soon so we can have a new and fresh look for you.

Best regards,

Whatever / Whenever

Been to W Mexico City? Share your experiences!