“no complaints!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 288 Hotels in Mexico City
Los Angeles, California
“no complaints!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Loved the W in Mexico City! Stayed there for 1 night and I have zero complaints. The service was perfect, the location was great and it was very clean. The hotel is located near a stop for the "hop on and hop off" tours so it was perfect. It was also near some of the most hip restaurants. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
W_Experience, Manager at W Mexico City, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Hello Anita F,

We are so glad to hear you really enjoyed your time with us. This kind of comments make us to keep providing the best service we can.

Looking forward to see you again,

Whatever/Whenever

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Greek first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

At the W everything has been designed for your comfort and wellness. Modern, decorated with excellency, you will find the right balance between price and feeling unique. Located in the hotels area of Polanco is a great place to stay a weekend or simply come by the bar an have finest drinks in a red walls and lighting ambient that brings you a warm space to stay. The suites are wonderful. Do not hesitate to visit it. The marlin carpaccio is awesome and delicious, try it, will make your stay at the bar.

Room Tip: The wonderful room type are great, quiet, spacious and have a special touch that
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
W_Experience, Manager at W Mexico City, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Hello Federico,

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us.
We at W strive to make each guest experience memorable and pleasant, and it is always nice to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

Hope to have you here soon.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

the room i had was amazing, bright, big and designed in a very modern style. It even had a hammock in the bathroom. they were still remodelling the lobby, but i was pleasantly surpirsed by the lightness of the room. I experienced and also other people were telling me that the W hotel rooms in other cities are dark.

Room Tip: get one the new styled rooms on the top floor and enoy the view over the city from your hammock.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
W_Experience, Manager at W Mexico City, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Hi M_Widjaja,

Our Living Bar at the lobby is already finished with the new look, please feel free to visit us again and give us your feedback also I am pleased to know that you love the light in our rooms.

Hope to see you soon,

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

The hotel is fine - it is a W, with everything that this entails. It is true that the interior is starting to show its age, but it is in no way shabby. In a world of generic hotel experiences, this is at least unique (in a good way). Maybe not ideally suited to the traditional business traveller, but I've always enjoyed the slightly impractical side of the W hotels.

The outstanding feature, by a long shot, is the great service from everyone that I encountered - especially the reception desk. Always friendly and helpful, as expected, but also very resourceful when I had a crisis (100% my fault). I would also recommend using the hotel's drivers, who offered a similar level of service.

Room Tip: I had a room high up, but colleagues on some lower floors complained about street noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
W_Experience, Manager at W Mexico City, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Hello G4about,

We really appreciate all the comments about the service of our staff as our priority is to create experiences; in addition, I would like to inform you that our rooms will be renovated soon and, by the moment, you can come again to visit our new Living Bar with the W concept you mentioned you enjoy.

Regards!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Hotel staff exceptionally welcoming and accommodating, especially when addressing an issue with the room. Large, spacious and very comfortable rooms. Great location in Polanco district. Close to great restaurants and shopping.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
W_Experience, Manager at W Mexico City, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Hello Hadi-NYC,

Thank you for your great feedback, it is always nice to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope to have you here again soon.

Warm regards,
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

So, let me start by saying I am a business traveller, so this will be a very biased review. That being said, here are the good things:
- service is extremely good
- fits all the basic for a 4 star: clean, good rooms, etc
- location is amazing, specially if you wanna be in the trendy/cool places, though I would still prefer condesa
Now to things I would improve:
- i find the music which is endlessly playing in every public facility annoying. You cant have a quiet breakfast or read a book at the restaurant - thats impossible
- some of the facilities are getting old - furniture chipping, old carpet, things like that. There seems to be a renovation going on right now, but looks like it's only on the main lobby
- my room smelled like cigarettes even though it was a non-smoking room
- i really don't understand why every room service comes with a mandatory service fee AND a delivery fee! I am usually a great tipper, but under those circumstances I never tip! By the way, st regis never does a thing like that why W does it beats me.
- the restaurant is not the priority, the bar is. Which means it took me 1.5 hour to get a burger and dessert at the restaurant on a friday night. So really, just go the restaurants in the area. You are better off.
- the hotel staff is kind of unaware of what are the needs for a business traveller. As I arrived, they told me I would get the room in one hour. 45 min have passed and being extremely late for work, I ask if I can have a shower and unpack a few things. The staff tells me i can use the spa for the shower, but I literally have to unpack in the lobby in front if everyone. I mean, how about leading me to somewhere private before heading to the spa? Come on, totally clueless!
- my phone stopped working and after bringing it to the reception, I am still waiting for it...

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
W_Experience, Manager at W Mexico City, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear ElisaKJ,

Please accept my most profound apologies for all the inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us, our main goal is to make each visit of our guests a W Experience.

I can assure you we will correct all the issues you mentioned as we want to deliver world class service with our facilities and the staff properly trained.

By the moment, as you pointed out, only the living (our lobby) and the Restaurant are in renew, however all the rooms will be redecorated soon so we can have a new and fresh look for you.

Best regards,

Whatever / Whenever
Moscow, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

It is interesting to read the reviews for this hotel. I guess it speaks to one of two things ... how unpredictable travel can be ... or how picky some folks are.

For my wife and 15 year old, we found the experience staying at the W in Mexico City a very good one. The staff went out of their way at every opportunity to help us make our vacation a memorable one.

That said ... here are some comments I might share that could assist others that are looking at staying with them:

* I agree that the higher the floor the quieter you will find your room
* the elevators seem to have a life of their own ... sometimes they seem possessed by some evil force .... closing quickly to whack the unsuspecting gringo!
* be specific when you want something .... if you want cream with your pot of coffee in the morning ... make sure to say so.
* be ready for some some strange quirky design elements. Remember it is the W ... dark artsy hall ways, hammocks over the weird round bath tubs ... etc. etc..
* Use the hotels drivers to get around ... more expensive than a taxi ... but worth every peso. Nice folks you can count on to get you where you want to go.
* the concierge staff were always friendly and helpful with everything from a map to the local bank to getting us a doctor to stop by and write a prescription for a sick 15 year old.
* incredibly fast room service (be sure to dress quickly after you call for coffee in the morning!)

Anyway ... sure there are quirky elements to this hotel ... but they are really trying their best to make your stay in Mexico City a great experience.

Room Tip: Higher the floor the better ...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
W_Experience, Manager at W Mexico City, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Oski1984,

We are glad to hear you had a nice experience with us. Thanks for sharing your advices and comments so we can improve day by day and keep providing the service our guests deserve.

We hope to see you in the near future.

Whatever / Whenever

Been to W Mexico City? Share your experiences!