So, let me start by saying I am a business traveller, so this will be a very biased review. That being said, here are the good things:
- service is extremely good
- fits all the basic for a 4 star: clean, good rooms, etc
- location is amazing, specially if you wanna be in the trendy/cool places, though I would still prefer condesa
Now to things I would improve:
- i find the music which is endlessly playing in every public facility annoying. You cant have a quiet breakfast or read a book at the restaurant - thats impossible
- some of the facilities are getting old - furniture chipping, old carpet, things like that. There seems to be a renovation going on right now, but looks like it's only on the main lobby
- my room smelled like cigarettes even though it was a non-smoking room
- i really don't understand why every room service comes with a mandatory service fee AND a delivery fee! I am usually a great tipper, but under those circumstances I never tip! By the way, st regis never does a thing like that why W does it beats me.
- the restaurant is not the priority, the bar is. Which means it took me 1.5 hour to get a burger and dessert at the restaurant on a friday night. So really, just go the restaurants in the area. You are better off.
- the hotel staff is kind of unaware of what are the needs for a business traveller. As I arrived, they told me I would get the room in one hour. 45 min have passed and being extremely late for work, I ask if I can have a shower and unpack a few things. The staff tells me i can use the spa for the shower, but I literally have to unpack in the lobby in front if everyone. I mean, how about leading me to somewhere private before heading to the spa? Come on, totally clueless!
- my phone stopped working and after bringing it to the reception, I am still waiting for it...
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your W Mexico City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w Mexico City Hotel Mexico City
- w Hotels Mexico City