It is interesting to read the reviews for this hotel. I guess it speaks to one of two things ... how unpredictable travel can be ... or how picky some folks are.
For my wife and 15 year old, we found the experience staying at the W in Mexico City a very good one. The staff went out of their way at every opportunity to help us make our vacation a memorable one.
That said ... here are some comments I might share that could assist others that are looking at staying with them:
* I agree that the higher the floor the quieter you will find your room
* the elevators seem to have a life of their own ... sometimes they seem possessed by some evil force .... closing quickly to whack the unsuspecting gringo!
* be specific when you want something .... if you want cream with your pot of coffee in the morning ... make sure to say so.
* be ready for some some strange quirky design elements. Remember it is the W ... dark artsy hall ways, hammocks over the weird round bath tubs ... etc. etc..
* Use the hotels drivers to get around ... more expensive than a taxi ... but worth every peso. Nice folks you can count on to get you where you want to go.
* the concierge staff were always friendly and helpful with everything from a map to the local bank to getting us a doctor to stop by and write a prescription for a sick 15 year old.
* incredibly fast room service (be sure to dress quickly after you call for coffee in the morning!)
Anyway ... sure there are quirky elements to this hotel ... but they are really trying their best to make your stay in Mexico City a great experience.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Media 8, Inc., Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your W Mexico City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w Mexico City Hotel Mexico City
- w Hotels Mexico City