“Was expecting be be wowed!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Best Rate Guaranteed
Ranked #58 of 293 Hotels in Mexico City
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Was expecting be be wowed!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

The hotel is quite nice and in a nice area. There are issues with maintenance right when you walk in, seems like they don't care about the condition of the hotel. The hammock in the bathroom is really a gimmick since we never even used it. Our A/C unit didn't work that great and our bathroom door was off the railing and broken. I also couldn't believe that they don't exchange dollars to pesos only euros to pesos, what a joke considering their main customers are Americans. Be careful in the shower since the temperature isn't regulated very well, one minute it's cold the other it's super hot.

Stay someplace else if you are going to pay this amount of money! Also the bartenders tend to try and rip you off!

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Greek first
Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

It is a W, so no real surprises.

In a nutshell:
- design hotel
- good location
- very big rooms (comfortable beds!)
- bathroom with a view
- very friendly concierge
- service in the bar could be better

• Stayed August 2012
W_Mexico_City, Manager at W Mexico City, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear guest:

Thank you for the feedback you have provided. Your comments are always important for us so we know exactly how we can improve for future experiences.

Since you have mentioned that service in the bar could be better, I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you in more detail to learn how you feel we could improve. You can reach me at stephen.hertzberg@whotels.com. I look forward to hearing from you

Warm regards
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

Very cool room design. Staff very attentive and breakfast buffet not bad.

Location is also safe and walking distance to good restaurant strip.

The price is about what you'd expect but extras cost, accordingly which is probably not a surprise for a W Hotel.

Would stay there again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I always like staying in W hotels when I can (normally dependent on price). The W Mexico City is situated in a very nice neighbourhood, where a number of other large hotel chain hotels are also located. In regard to the hotel - as you would expect from a W - very fashionable, with a nice bar/lounge area - called 'The Whiskey'. Unfortunately we could make the full benefit of the bar, as we arrived when the elections were on so only had two hours when we could buy alcohol throughout our stay in Mexico City.

The hotel room was very large and it was quite a novelty having a hammock in the bathroom. Overall very comfortable and spacious rooms. The hotel staff were fantastic and the concierge provided some fantastic restaurant recommendations and helped organise a guided tour for us to Teotihuacan.

The only slightly negative thing that I can say about our stay was that the jacuzzi and sauna were not operational during our stay. We reported the issue to the staff who said that they hoped it would be up and running 'soon'. However, I would definitely stay in this hotel again if I visited Mexico City again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Sao Paulo, Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

This is what I expect from a 5 star hotel. I stayed at the W twice in the last two months and both experiences were flawless.

Great localization. Very nice rooms. The room lightining is a little but dark in my opinion, even with all lights turned on, but is not a major issue. Bath area is great.

Staff in general is very welcoming.The restaurant staff is also great - but I think in the breakfast could be a little better.

Amenities replacement and complimentary water everyday, ipod/ iphone dock in the room, dvd player, stereo with a very good soft electronic music selection. There is also an option to borrow an ipod if you need.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

A bit too contemporary for my taste but great hotel. It is very modern / minimalistic but that is the style they are going for I believe. The room I had was very nice. The best part about the room was the Hammock that I had in the bathroom. That's right, the bathroom is very nice sized and had a hammock across it...so comfortable I almost slept in it all night. I did not have a chance to try the restaurant or anything else due to the quick in and out nature of my business trip but very nice hotel and situated close to several good restaurants in Polanco.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

The good:
- reasonably fast wifi (not sure if it is free for everyone, it is for us as we had a long-stay)
- good location, only 15-20 minute walk from two malls, good selection of restaurants in the area (but avoid Jalea, it's terrible)
- front desk and concierge staff were welcoming and attentive
- rooms are huge, much bigger than what you get in Europe for the same price, with big beds, spacious shower area and good selection of toilettries
- decent gym

The bad:
- breakfast staff were regularly slow in bringing the bill for me to sign, I asked them repeatedly on several days and in the end had to get up and start walking downstairs in order for them to take notice and bring the bill
- I paid US$30 for what is possibly the worst rib-eye steak I have ever tasted, it seemed 70% fat and 30% meat, I had to leave most of it, a huge waste of money. The grilled vegetables on the side were too hard and not well cooked. Please avoid the restaurant for dinner.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to W Mexico City? Share your experiences!