“Another fantastic W Hotel!!” 4 of 5 stars

W Mexico City
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Campos Eliseos 252, Mexico City 11560, Mexico   |
Ranked #46 of 283 Hotels in Mexico City
London, United Kingdom
“Another fantastic W Hotel!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I always like staying in W hotels when I can (normally dependent on price). The W Mexico City is situated in a very nice neighbourhood, where a number of other large hotel chain hotels are also located. In regard to the hotel - as you would expect from a W - very fashionable, with a nice bar/lounge area - called 'The Whiskey'. Unfortunately we could make the full benefit of the bar, as we arrived when the elections were on so only had two hours when we could buy alcohol throughout our stay in Mexico City.

The hotel room was very large and it was quite a novelty having a hammock in the bathroom. Overall very comfortable and spacious rooms. The hotel staff were fantastic and the concierge provided some fantastic restaurant recommendations and helped organise a guided tour for us to Teotihuacan.

The only slightly negative thing that I can say about our stay was that the jacuzzi and sauna were not operational during our stay. We reported the issue to the staff who said that they hoped it would be up and running 'soon'. However, I would definitely stay in this hotel again if I visited Mexico City again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Greek first
Sao Paulo, Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

This is what I expect from a 5 star hotel. I stayed at the W twice in the last two months and both experiences were flawless.

Great localization. Very nice rooms. The room lightining is a little but dark in my opinion, even with all lights turned on, but is not a major issue. Bath area is great.

Staff in general is very welcoming.The restaurant staff is also great - but I think in the breakfast could be a little better.

Amenities replacement and complimentary water everyday, ipod/ iphone dock in the room, dvd player, stereo with a very good soft electronic music selection. There is also an option to borrow an ipod if you need.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

A bit too contemporary for my taste but great hotel. It is very modern / minimalistic but that is the style they are going for I believe. The room I had was very nice. The best part about the room was the Hammock that I had in the bathroom. That's right, the bathroom is very nice sized and had a hammock across it...so comfortable I almost slept in it all night. I did not have a chance to try the restaurant or anything else due to the quick in and out nature of my business trip but very nice hotel and situated close to several good restaurants in Polanco.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

The good:
- reasonably fast wifi (not sure if it is free for everyone, it is for us as we had a long-stay)
- good location, only 15-20 minute walk from two malls, good selection of restaurants in the area (but avoid Jalea, it's terrible)
- front desk and concierge staff were welcoming and attentive
- rooms are huge, much bigger than what you get in Europe for the same price, with big beds, spacious shower area and good selection of toilettries
- decent gym

The bad:
- breakfast staff were regularly slow in bringing the bill for me to sign, I asked them repeatedly on several days and in the end had to get up and start walking downstairs in order for them to take notice and bring the bill
- I paid US$30 for what is possibly the worst rib-eye steak I have ever tasted, it seemed 70% fat and 30% meat, I had to leave most of it, a huge waste of money. The grilled vegetables on the side were too hard and not well cooked. Please avoid the restaurant for dinner.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

The W Mexico City staff is very hospitable. It's a in a great area (Polanco) and nearby are lots of restaurants and shops. It's also located near of the luxury hotels so you're able to walk from hotel to hotel restaurants. In a pretty safe area and it's in a luxury area of Mexico City.

I was very pleased with the staff and how accommodating they are. I had a few hiccups at the start of my trip but the staff made sure my stay was comfortable and a success. This is my 2nd time at the hotel...pleased.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Mexico City, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Nice room, but kinda worn. Great view, bathroom and shower/tub were very cool. Bed was so-so, sheets were a bit worn. Nice to have a balcony, but hard to enjoy due to the layout, location, wind and lack of furniture. The "business amenities" were nice, supplies and such, but couldn't get the printer to work but there was no paper anyway. Location was excellent, food was great but pricey, and the service was marginal. The welcoming reception was cold, but the checkout was very warm. Hmmm, what are they trying to say? There are better choices in Polanco.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Monterrey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I stayed with my husband form my birthday at the W in Mexico City.

The hotel has some different and funny ideas such as darks halls, red walls, little messages everywhere, but at the end of the end they are not practical and do not make your life easier, instead they make it a little more complicated.

EXAMPLE:

The room has the "hand-washing" area in front of your bed, and the shower is just next to it... its not divided by any type of walls, so this means:
1. You freeze as you undress before getting into the shower, and after that either your room is all humid and moist form the shower vapor or you freeze again. (we had to open our door for ventilation sin the windows don't open)
2. Also the shower is at the same level of the room´s floor, so our room flooded without us noticing.

One other thing, I tried booking the jacuzzi room, but as it turns out only rooms with 2 double beds have that type of facility. (Thats according to the concierge) for me it makes no sense...

Overall the staff was really nice, they even sent us an "I'm sorry" champagne and chocolates for the room flooding and balloons for my birthday, but even though I won't stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to W Mexico City? Share your experiences!