“Outstanding” 5 of 5 stars

Newton 55 | Polanco, Mexico City, Mexico
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Quintonil is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 1,807 Restaurants in Mexico City
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Ubicado en la colonia Polanco —el barrio en el que se encuentran las propuestas gastronómicas más interesantes de la ciudad de México— y bajo el mando de Jorge Vallejo —joven chef mexicano que cuenta ya con una sólida trayectoria y un amplio reconocimiento a su trabajo— Quintonil ofrece una propuesta gastronómica que expresa con claridad los sabores y las formas de la cocina mexicana moderna.
Mexico City, Mexico
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We recently moved to Mexico City from the US and have been trying restaurants weekly, as the city has an amazing assortment of fine places to eat. So far this is the best place we have been to. The place is unassuming in its decor, but the food and the service were simply outstanding. Obviously you pay what you wish for, about $110 per person with appetizers, entree, desse, wine and tip. The "arroz verde" a brothy green rice with avocado and a poached egg on top was one of the best appetizers I have tried ever, followed by a lamb barbacoa which was superb. Best "arroz en leche" ever. Can't wait to go back.

Mexico
“absolutley worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We had an amazing meal, I would recommend the cheese soup followed by huazontles, then the beef with pulque, and finish it up with the rice with milk dessert. Their wine and mezcal selection is good, the prices are good considering the quality of the food. The decor is nice, I would recommend sitting inside as I think it is much nicer and cosier than the terrace. The size of the portions are perfect. I would go back to try all the other dishes! Congratulations to the Chef, its been a while since I had such delicious meal.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Zurich, Switzerland
“Mix of flavors, imaginative and adventurous.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Today we had lunch at the Quintonil, first of all let me tell you that this is my first time at this restaurant. Atmosphere, appropriate for a good conversation and time. We ask first for some entrances.
First we had the Callos, the way flavors were mixed, amazing.
Then we asked for the huahuzontles, some kind of plant which is well known in Mexico. It’s my first time to have it cook like today. Usually is mixed with eggs and tomato sauce, but here they prepared it without the eggs, a really good soft tomato and cream reduction. Really nice done.
We also had the Tuna fish with “Tuetano” and octopus sauce. The best of all three.
First we had a Mexican Wine, Casa Madero 3V 2011. Soft nice wine, good for the things we had for entrance.
For my main I had “papada de cerdo”. It’s pork law jaw with beans, red radishes and onions. It was really an amazing dish.
Can tell you, you may pay some bucks for the food here but it’s worth it. Definitely I will come back.
I also want to say that every dish was presented by the staff, the techniques were described, this also helped to make it a good moment.
You have to try it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mexico City
“Best Mexican Gourmet!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I could never imagine that trout would taste so good with chamomille foam!! everything is delicious!!

• Visited August 2013
San Diego
“Traditional Mexican Food deconstructed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Nice surprise. The place is small, quaint, in an adapted home. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly. There is a touch of refinement in the details, white cloth, designerly dinnerware. The menu is super interesting. I had an incredible salad with toasted kelites. The turkey loin with pipian sauce was superb. I think of their cuisine as a dissected traditional mexican recipes, which allows for the subtle tastes to come up front. The pork neck with achiote in a bed of Chiapas beans and garnished with habanero and radishes was simple and tasty, but of course it reminded me of a deconstructed cochinita pibil. The wine list is well thougth and not over the board.The desserts were excellent as well.

• Visited August 2013