“Good restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
“Good restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I love the food at Taj Mahal, I find it very tasty. Some dishes are too spicy for me but if you tell them that you don't eat spicy they will recommend things you can eat, and there is a lot of choice. I love their lassi drinks too! The service is good and people are friendly. The place is not that well decorated though, they could improve it.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Mexico City, Mexico
“For a city with very little Indian food, pretty decent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Went here the other day with friends, and it was pretty good. We had the chili chicken tikka marsala, the chili lamb marsala, tandoori chicken, a vegetable dish and rice with raisins, coconut and some other stuff. The rice dish and the veggie dish (my apologies for not remembering which, but it was somewhat sweet) were excellent. Service could have been better, a bit more description about the food would have helped as my freinds are not particulalry well versed in the cuisine nor am I so articulate in Spanish to describe the flavors. That said we were pleased, and apart from what seemed like high prices, once we got the check, given how full we were, we felt we were charged very reasonably. Mexico City has, that I know of, only 3 Indian restaruants, one in La Condesa, another in Polanco/Anzures, and another in Santa Fe (I don't know if it is still there); it is a cuisine that is just barely being introduced to the city's palate. Given its new status, I think they do a great job in this place keeping reasonably true to the dishes. The owners are from the Indian sub-continent (I am not shure if they are Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, etc.) which helps one but in to the authenticity as well. All in all, a good choice for adventurous local eaters. If you are from London or have lived in India you mgiht say it is not that great, but I think one must adjust expectations given the geography, the same way I would reviewing the Mexican food in Mumbai.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“not that good!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

the ambience, attention and decoration it's nice! but quite expensive and dirty...

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Mexico
“Great little find in the Condesa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

We stumbled upon this Indian restaurant in the Condesa. Its owners are from Bangladesh and make some great food. Awesome naans & really tasty curries. Not as greasy as Dawat or Tandoor.

Decor is nothing special but they have outdoor space too. Takeout available.

Not bad for Indian food in Mexico City. I'll be going back.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Bangladeshi owned, Restaurant named Indian and food was not good at all...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

I went to this so called Indian restaurant along with my friends. Name is Taj Mahal but as soon you entered you will find Bangladeshi music getting played on youtube. No one knows Hindi at the restaurant and when we ordered food it was really pathetic. In breads they had only nan which was half baked. Paneer and aloo sabji was so bad that if one cook at his/her home it would be much better. I would not recommend to any one who would pe planning to go there to eat some authentic Indian food but if you are a Bangladeshi, I'll hope you will enjoy the food.

• Visited September 2011