I stay regularly at this hotel during my business trips.
The location in Santa Fe is very convenient, as it is just in front of a new shopping mall full of shops, restaurants and even a great supermarket (Chedraui).
The hotel is very functional. Rates usually includes free wifi and breakfast, which is a big plus. The hotel even have a nice gym and a full open swimming pool at the terrace, which is fantastic.
The rooms are roomy, but somehow basic (nothing fancy). Still, they have everything that you need for a good sleep and to do some work.
The employees are all extremely friendly and helpful.
The main negative of the hotel is the lobby area and restaurant. Although the area has just been renovated, it is still not inviting at all.
First of all, the lobby does not have a real bar, but just some seats near a giant TV screen (???). In the middle of the lobby, separating it from the restaurant, there is a counter, with a fridge facing the lobby, with lots of visible food inside!!!!!! It looks like a deli. Not sure who's horrible idea was it.
The restaurant is OK for breakfast (has a buffet), but is horrible for dinner. The menu never changes significantly (at least during the last 2 years). All dishes are very heavy, very prepared and with lots of sauces. Other than a grilled chicken plate (which is the only thing that I can order), all other plates are fattening and full of carbs. They never have fresh juices, so even the available drinks are unhealthy.
The restaurant offers a pre-fix menu daily, but with weird selections (Vietnam menu, Indian menu, etc.). It appears that the chef is trying too hard to look international and knowledgeable, but he/she forgets about healthy, clean foods. This is interesting, because the hotel market itself as a "natural" hotel.
To make matters worse, the restaurant for dinner is always empty, so it is really depressing dinning there. It appears that the hotel does not care at all about changing that. In three occasions during this trip, coworkers met me at the lobby to have dinner, and immediately suggested a different place. By the way, the hotel next door (JW Marriot) has a magnificent restaurant (CAU) with a great buffet. And it has the same prices as Novotel's!!!!
Overall, I like the hotel for its functional nature. But PLEASE, change that restaurant!
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Mexico Santa Fe Hotel Mexico City
- Novotel Mexico Santa Fe Hotel
- Novotel Mexico City
- Accor Mexico City
- Mexico City Novotel
- Novotel Mexico Santa Fe Mexico City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star Novotel México Santa Fe hotel is situated in the heart of the exclusive residential and commercial area of Mexico City. It is just 10 mins from the Expo Bancomer convention center, 30 mins from Toluca airport and close to entertainment such as the Santa Fe shopping center, parks and restaurants. Ideal for business trips or family vacations, it has 148 modern, comfortable rooms, a restaurant, bar, outdoor pool, fitness center, 6 meeting rooms and free connection to the Internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, ACCOR, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Novotel Mexico Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.