“The Hotel keeps getting better!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Mexico Santa Fe

You added Novotel Mexico Santa Fe to your Saves list
Novotel Mexico Santa Fe
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Antonio Dovali Jaime 75 | Col Centro de Ciudad, Mexico City 01210, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Exclusive 20% off!
Ranked #128 of 293 Hotels in Mexico City
Brazil
“The Hotel keeps getting better!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

This was my second stay at Novotel Mexico. This is a very nice hotel, with a great cost benefit. The rooms are very nice the staff is friendly and helpful. The impression I had was that the Novotel improved since Jun/10 when I was here for the first time. Just be aware that Santa Fe is not the best location in Mexico DF if your office is not in this neighborhood.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Accor_Mexico, Gerente at Novotel Mexico Santa Fe, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear guest

Thanks for your comments, at Novotel we continually strive to serve you better.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Best Regards,
Douglas Goncalves

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

Under no circumstances arrive with your car or a rental car....the motor lobby is extremely small and is shared among several tenants, so even getting into the motor lobby is tough. In the afternoon and evening, they allow cars to park on the curbs and any available space, so its difficult to even get to the valet service. Its difficult to see the one and only entrance when arriving due to the neighboring office building, which blocks a view of the ingress situation. Otherwise, the service is good, they have free Internet service which works reasonably well and the rooms are clean and neat with a lot of workspace. The hotel is close to the Bancomer Expo Center, but despite the proximity, it is a difficult walk due to the layout of Santa Fe. It is difficult to see the hotel from a distance due to all the new office towers that have been constructed around it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

This is a nice hotel, I love the room and the bed is great. They also have a good gym. However, I echo the negative reviews of the restaurant. The breakfast selection is very good, but everything was cold every day. Cold eggs, sausage, bacon, etc. has never been a favorite of mine. And the service at the restaurant matches the food, cold and very impersonal. Room service was good and friendly but the food varied between fabulous and terrible. Got a ciabatta sandwich made with totally stale bread, and the advertised fries turned out to be lettuce.

Dissapointing, and spoiled an otherwise good experience.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Harelbeke, België
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

It was a good stay, but I am disapointed in the food served. Once I ordered fish which was very smelly and clearly not fresh and the day before all the food at the buffet looked really dried up (dry cucumber, anyone?). Then I ordered a club sandwich with chips... the sandwich was more or less OK, but the chips were just bad ; like potato strips soaked in fat, not "French Fries"... The flyer in the room said breakfast served on weekdays at 6:00 and on sunday at 6:30 . On sunday when I wanted to take breakfast at 6:30, the flatscreen in the lobby tickertaped that breakfast was served at 7:00.... overall breakfast was OK.A nice hotel in a good location, but kitchen quality need improvement.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

This hotel is fine, if all you want is a bed and a clean room, which most of the time when on Business fits the bill perfectly.
Breakfast is basically Ok, but restaurant service and the size of the restaurant are not upto the mark. This morning I had to wait for 10minutes to get a seat.
The 2 lifts are extreamly slow and with no stair case it means everyone in this 8 story hotel has to use them.
I arrived on Sunday and thought I would use the swiming pool - It was filthy and had to ask the hotel to come and clean the surounding area. Pools was clean enough, but the fact that I had to call them makes me believe they are not on top of the simple tasks.
The mini bar is locked and you have to call to get it unlocked, after my 2nd call I gave up - they locked it everyday.
Wireless internet is OK - but very slow.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Accor_Mexico, Manager at Novotel Mexico Santa Fe, responded to this review, March 18, 2011
Dear guest, I thank you for taking the time to share your experiences.
At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problems and prevent future occurrence.

Best Regards,
Brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

Very nice hotel! Great staff and fine service! Fine rooms, poor wi-fi, however a good hotel all over! Recommended!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Accor_Mexico, General Manager at Novotel Mexico Santa Fe, responded to this review, June 28, 2010
We appreciated very much your comments, good services is what we constantly strive for.
We are working to improve our connectivity.

Hope to seeing you soon, best regards.

Bingen am Rhein, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

I usually are very happy with Novotel. However, the Novotel Santa Fe has some serious management issues. I booked for 3 nights for a business trip together with a colleage. The location itself is nice, besides that there is a really next construction site next to the hotel (another hotel being build) - this results in some outside areas of the hotel to be closed, and lots of noise. As the room windows are good, that's not a big problem though.
The problems however started when we wanted to eat. In the hotel restaurant at the first evening I ordered chicken cordon bleu. The chicken I was served had been fried several ours ago, and even already got cut in the middle at the point. They just warmed it up. The cheese therefore had already been gone hard instead of being melted, color was orange, the meat itself was extremely dried out. I could not finish this. I complained to the waitress, who also was shocked about the dish. I then was served dessert, and this was REALLY bad. I ordered flan, some kind of creme caramel - it involves raw egg, so this has to be really fresh. But it also had gone bad already. I just took one bite, noting immediately that the egg had gone bad - still I had to stay quite a lot of time on the restroom that night. The next morning the breakfast again was really bad - the scrambled eggs again appeared to be several hours old etc.

In addition to that, the room cleaning hasn't been really good - when we arrived, the windows were really dirty. In the morning at 8am, someone was waking up everyone on the floor by knocking on each door asking if we had some clothes that need to be cleaned - terrible idea. It took until 4pm until room cleaning showed up.

While I had booked for 3 nights, at this point I decided I'm not getting myself food poisened another time, and booked another nearby hotel. We went to the front desk to tell that we were checking out, telling them in detail on what had happened to us. We didn't get an excuse, instead we were told we could not check out because we had booked for 3 nights. I demanded to speak to the manager. I was told excuses that the manager would not be in the house, then after half an hour someone turned up telling us he is the assistance to the manager (which was a lie) and basically they did everything to make sure we would not speak to the manager. I had to threaten them to charge back the full amount from my credit card until after an hour they finally called for the real manager. He did excuse a lot, promised to investigate, and made sure we were able to check out paying only for the single night we had stayed.

All in all this has been the most unpleasant stay at a hotel ever for me. This hotel needs to get a audit from Novotel urgently. While the hotel would be nice, at it's current state I can not at all recommend going there.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Simon

We appreciate your comment posted few days ago. Unfortunately for an error in operational procedures, I was not informed on time about your experience in the hotel. I apologize for the inconvenience caused and as I have said p erson ally , We withdrew the restaurant charges and have cancelled the two nights reservation,even if you have booked for three nights non refundable .

Our compromise is that these situations would not happened again & I personally will encourage our employees to make their posible for not having this kind of situation again.

We wish we could have you with us in an other opportunity to compensate the bad experience you had. Please accept our apologies and do not hesitate to contact me at +52 (55) 91 777701 if you think you could give us a second chance.

Sincerely

Douglas Goncalves

Been to Novotel Mexico Santa Fe? Share your experiences!