“Top notch Marriott property” 4 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Mexico City Santa Fe

You added JW Marriott Mexico City Santa Fe to your Saves list
JW Marriott Mexico City Santa Fe
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ave Sante Fe 160 Col Santa Fe, Mexico City 01219, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #15 of 293 Hotels in Mexico City
Wellesley, Massachusetts
“Top notch Marriott property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I recently stayed in this Marriott for a business meeting in Santa Fe. Many Marriotts can be hit or miss. And this particular location is a hit. It's a very new, high-end and impressive property. I think the fact that it is a JW property makes the difference.

It is also within walking distance of many great restaurants, coffee shops, malls, etc. Very convenient.

Being in downtown Mexico City can be a bit dirty, so Santa Fe is a great suburb alternative, especially if you have meetings in that area. Traffic to and from Mexico City can be brutal.

The next time that I am in Santa Fe, I will definitely make it a point of choosing this property again.

• Stayed January 2014
GM JW Marriott ... M, Director General at JW Marriott Mexico City Santa Fe, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

It has been a great pleasure to read your review about your recent stay at our Hotel.
What you said is exactly what we want our guests to experience, the difference of a JW Marriott brand that distinguishes us.

The fact that experienced guests like you enjoy our Hotel and our service is what keeps us going in the search of perfection.

We are all grateful for your feedback.

I stay at your disposal,

Miguel Mestas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Super modern hotel with a pool (heated) but no sun in winter time... I was very disappointed about the room i got ( i told Rohde at the desk but she didn't care even if i am a gold member no upgrade) so i only stay 2 nights. Victor at executive lounge was very kind a super employee... And Santa Fe has nothing to give except shopping... ps. the lunch is better than the breakfast and free wine or beer at exxecutive lounge...

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
GM JW Marriott ... M, Director General at JW Marriott Mexico City Santa Fe, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all, I want to thank you for taking time of your schedule to share your thoughts about your recent stay with us.
We are sorry that you did not liked the room that was assigned to you but we're glad to know that you still were able to enjoy your Gold Elite Member benefit wich is the Executive Lounge access.

Please allow me to tell you that Santa Fe is one of the most important business districts of our country. It has one of the largest shopping malls in Latin America and also a great variety of cutting-edge restaurants, bars and also notable Universities.
Also, we have a Concierge Desk that is more than willing to take our guests on city tours so they can get to know the city and its highlights.

Again, thank you for sharing your feedback. I stay at your disposal.

Kind Regards,

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Very nice Hotel in Santa Fe. I stayed here for a recent conference. Nice rooms with good beds. Nice modern gym. Cua restaurant in the Hotel was good for lunch which is the only meal I had there. Nice lobby bar. Great private car service to the airport. Fit the bill for a one night business trip.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Please allow me to thank you on behalf of the entire staff of the JW Marriott Mexico City Santa Fe for sharing your experience with us and other fellow travelers.
We are more than glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and really hope to welcome you again anytime soon.

I stay at your disposal, kind regards.

miami
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Was very excited to find this hotel in Santa Fe, as I normally enjoy the JW in Polanco. But what a difference! The front desk staff, except for one guy, was clueless and downright unwelcoming.
I had no recognition of my Gold Status, no upgrade and no explanation of my elite benefits.
The executive lounge was a beautiful space, but the food was HORRIBLE, seemed old and reheated both for the evening cocktail hour and the breakfast. I opted for the VERY expensive breakfast buffet since the stuff at the lounge was inedible. Also, no typical Mexican dishes at either the lobby restaurant or the lounge... No chilaquiles!
The lounge has an outdoor area which seemed very nice, if it hadn't been unceremoniously closed off with a slab of duct tape that was unsightly and just weird in such a beautiful property.
Will not return...

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
GM JW Marriott ... M, Director General at JW Marriott Mexico City Santa Fe, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Appreciated Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your last stay with us.
We are terribly sorry that you had an unpleasant experience as our main commitment is to provide delightful and hassle free stays.

I want you to know that everything you mentioned has been reviewed with the manager of the area and we are taking corrective actions to avoid this from happening again.

Please accept our sincere apology as we really hope you give us a second chance to show you what the true JW experience is on your next stay.

I stay at your disposal,

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Just what can i say everything is awesome at this hotel. Very luxurious in the upscale neighborhood of Santa fe. The hotel has a excellent technogym. The have a great executive lounge with good food and drinks. The rooms are very convenient and nice. Will come back again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
GM JW Marriott ... M, General Manager at JW Marriott Mexico City Santa Fe, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

What a delight has been for us to read your review about your recent stay!
Let me tell you that our entire staff is just thrilled to know that you enjoyed our Hotel and that you plan to come back.

We will be more than honored to see and welcome you again.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and other fellow Trip Advisor users.

usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I thought this hotel was great. Very nice lobby/bar, rooms, concierge lounge, location, etc. It wasn't until I was packing up to leave that I noticed that they charge for the in-room coffee maker (and tea). Like nearly all Marriott properties this hotel (room) has a little single-cup coffee maker and three tea bags on display. I was shocked to see as I was packing to leave (and after three cups of coffee and one of tea) that they charge for this that is free in all other Marriott hotels (and they charge a lot). Other than that I had a really nice stay at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
GM JW Marriott ... M, General Manager at JW Marriott Mexico City Santa Fe, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time off your shcedule to share your experience with other fellow travelers.

We are glad that you had a nice stay with us and we want you to know that your feedback is what keeps us improving our service so that you and other guests can fully enjoy the JWM experience.

It will be a delight to host your next stay in Mexico City, Santa Fe.

I stay at your disposal.

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

This was the second time that I stayed in Mexico City in a hotel. Santa Fe is a popular business area nowadays with great restaurants, hotels and shopping centers. JW Marriott Santa Fe is a brand new hotel, probably no more than 2-3 years old, that is located in a great spot in the area. From the hotel you can easily walk to nice restaurants and taking a cab you can go to "Centro Comercial Santa Fe" that is the biggest mall in Mexico City and "Arcos Bosques" that is a brand new shopping complex.

The JW Marriott Santa Fe services are ok but not as I expected. The reception needs to improve, it was really slow when I made my check-in and out. They had personnel on training that day that affected the work both days.

Other aspect that the hotel needs to improve is the executive lounge, it is located in an upper floor with a nice view of Santa Fe, but the service is not excellent, just good. I went over there 3 times and all of them there was just one people to service the lounge.

The staff is friendly and you will stay in a nice hotel, no doubt about it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
GM JW Marriott ... M, Director General at JW Marriott Mexico City Santa Fe, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Appreciated Guest,

I want you to know that reading what our guests experienced on our Hotel is what keeps us improving in order to be the best option in Santa Fe, Mexico City.

Be sure that your feedback about our front desk and executive lounge staff has been taking under consideration by the managers of those areas so next time you decide to visit us you will notice the difference.

Thank you and hope to welcome you soon.

Generarl Manager

Been to JW Marriott Mexico City Santa Fe? Share your experiences!