“By nice business hotel except for the jarring banging at night.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Mexico City Santa Fe

Save Saved
You added JW Marriott Mexico City Santa Fe to your Saves list
JW Marriott Mexico City Santa Fe
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ave Sante Fe 160 Col Santa Fe, Mexico City 01219, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #26 of 282 hotels in Mexico City
“By nice business hotel except for the jarring banging at night.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

The hotel shows like it was just built. Everything is fresh, clean, and well appointed. The hotel had a very nice modern flair in the very nice area of Sante Fe. The staff was very friendly and we able to communicate in English. My biggest complaint is related to noise. The AC unit is room 714 is scarily loud when it came on at times, this was torrent since it only happened a handle full of times. What was not tolerable was the massive, jarring, sleep depriving bangs, slams (I'm am not really sure how to explain it) which happened at least hourly the first night and three or fur times the second night. I don't know what the news was, whether it can from above, below or next door but it was jarring and very scary when deep asleep.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
GM JW Marriott ... M, General Manager at JW Marriott Mexico City Santa Fe, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

We want to thank you for sharing your experience with us. Feedback from our guests is what helps us improve our room's quality and our staff's service.

I'm personally following up on the AC noise issue on room 714 and also checking up our entire AC system of all the Hotel.

Thanks again for your attention, I stay at your disposal.

115 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Guadalajara
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

spent the weekend at the hotel for a wedding. The hotel is elegant and comfortable. The church where the wedding taked place, it was a 5 minute walk and the party at the hotel on a very independent living. The bedrooms are spacious with many details. I found it odd that there was no coffee in the room included, just with a charge. We take no food at the hotel because there was no option of a budget, especially because I was traveling with the whole family. But, just across the street is a shopping center with a choice of restaurants. We enjoyed the pool.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
GM JW Marriott ... M, General Manager at JW Marriott Mexico City Santa Fe, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Ms. Patricia,

We are glad you enjoy your recent stay with us. If our guests travel for pleasure or business, our Hotel has been specially created to fulfill both purposes.

We are the only Hotel in Santa Fe that provides Nespresso coffee makers so like you mentioned, there's a symbolic charge for the coffee in rooms.

Thank you for taking your time to give us your feedback, please be sure we put deep interest in what our guests tell us.

I stay at your disposal hoping you can honor us with another visit anytime soon,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed at this hotel last October. Made reservations through the 800 no and was told that I would have a complementary pick up from and to the airport. However when I arrived there was no one to pick me up. Finally I took the shuttle to the Marriott Marquis which is at the airport and they arranged a cab to take me to J.W. Marriott. On arriving there I was told they do not do pick ups or drop off to the airport. They were nice enough to upgrade me for the inconvenience.
My whole stay was great but check out was a nightmare. The attendant was charging me for the taxi to and from the airport which was almost over $200. I refused to pay and asked to talk to the manager who was so nervous talking to me that she let the attendant do all the talking. She would not accept my reservation confirmation. I had her talk to the 800 no in the US and she still would not believe them. She refused to take the charge off and I was not going to pay. Finally the 800 no. person had to fax her the page from the website which showed the complimentary service and then she removed the charge. I barely made the flight. This whole episode took over two hours.

Room Tip: The rooms on the executive floor are very good and they also include breakfast and drinks in the eve...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Appreciated Guest,

Thank you for letting us know about your October stay with us. We are really sorry for the incorrect information that was provided to you and that caused you all this trouble.

We do offer airport shuttle with a charge and a previous reservation. Your comments are truely useful to us in order to avoid this situation from happening again.

Hoping you consider staying with us in your future visit to the city, I stay at your disposal. Please let me give you my e-mail adress so I can personally make the transportation arrangements for you mmestas@grupodiestra.com

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I'd have given 5 stars to this hotel if it wasn't for a sleepless night I experienced on my last business trip to Mexico City. They've apparently thrown a big and very loud party (wedding?) in their lobby/terrace, which hadn't finished until late in the morning, 3 or 4 am. Needless to say that most of the business people who stayed at this hotel on that night, couldn't get any sleep. Bad, bad decision from the hotel management's side to allow such disturbances in the business-oriented hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

First of all, let me thank you for choosing us on your recent stay in Santa Fe, Mexico City.
Please accept our sincere apology for the night you mention you couldn't sleep because of the noise. Be sure that our main commitment is to provide you a flawless stay in wich you can be comfortable and enjoy the things that matter.

We are aware that night wasn't pleasant for you and we've taken action in order to avoid having any other events like this specific one in the future.

Still, we hope you give us the honor to host your next stay in the area.

Kind Regards,

Pasadena, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

A newer JW Marriott in the newer Santa Fe business area, with all the standard JW amenities. Great exercise room, nice furnishings, good buffet breakfast and well prepared dinner. As noted on other reviews, the overall pricing is high even for Mexico City and there's an extar charge for almost anything beyond the base room charge.

But... the service standard are well below the JW Marriott usual. The air conditioning in the room is almost impossible to control and the staff is very very hard to get engaged to fix (like four phone calls and 4 hours to get an adjustment to a sweaty hot room). Also, the English language proficiency of the average staff person is quite low (Chardonnay is not a red wine).

A smaller issue is that there is absolutely noting that is authentic Mexican about the decor. It seemed like I could have been in Toronto or Dubai, except for the Spanish spoken by the staff.

A solid choice but not spectacular.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GM JW Marriott ... M, General Manager at JW Marriott Mexico City Santa Fe, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all thank you very much for your comments.

Please let me tell you that we are aware of our opportunity areas and are currently working on fast pace in order to get everything fixed and working in the correct way.

Also, we want you to know that every of our 221 rooms have mexican artwork that includes black clay vases brought from Oaxaca and photographs that represent our culture. There is also our Restaurant CúA (which means "to eat" in Náhuatl) that offers a very characteristic ambeinte with a rich menu of fine Mexican cuisine.

We truely hope that you can give us the placer of hosting you again on your next stay. Please have my e-mail adress: mmestas@grupodiestra.com. I'll be at your disposal.

Alton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Had previously used the Marriott Polanco but tried this one for the latest trip. Its a new hotel so all the decor is good and the rooms in great shape.
It's a little odd on th ground floor with a bar, front desk and sitting area all merged into a small area.

Overall a good standard business Marriott but not exceptional.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Appreciated Guest,

We all want to thank you for your kind review about your recent stay with us.

Please be sure that we are putting all our efforts in order to offer our guests the impeccable service that JW Marriott is commited to.

If you allow me, I would like to give you my e-mail adress so that you can please let us know exactly what we coul've done to make your stay exceptional: mmestas@grupodiestra.com

I stay at your disposal and thank you for your time.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I had overall a very good experience here, but was absolutely shocked when I checked out that they had charged me for using the coffee maker that is in the room. About four dollars for each little pod. Just really tacky nickel and diming of guests at an expensive property.

Other than that, the hotel is beautiful, staff were very nice, location is good. A standard high end Marriott.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GM JW Marriott ... M, General Manager at JW Marriott Mexico City Santa Fe, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review about your last stay at the JW Marriott Mexico City Santa Fe.

We are glad to know that you found our property beautiful and that our staff provided you the experience you expected.

About the charge of the coffee maker you mentioned, we want to assure you that the products we offer at our mini bar are of the highest quality, specially the Nespresso coffee maker that you normally won't find at any other Hotel. The charge for each capsule is $2.81 USD which is less than you will normally pay at a regular coffee shop.

Your comments are trully appreciated, please be sure that our main goal is to provide perfect hassle-free experiences for our highly regarded guests like you.

Receive my best regards,

Miguel Mestas

Been to JW Marriott Mexico City Santa Fe? Share your experiences!