“Good Business” 4 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Mexico City Santa Fe

You added JW Marriott Mexico City Santa Fe to your Saves list
JW Marriott Mexico City Santa Fe
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ave Sante Fe 160 Col Santa Fe, Mexico City 01219, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #15 of 293 Hotels in Mexico City
Weston, Florida
“Good Business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Spent 3 days here for business meetings. hotel is very new, Meeting rooms were good. Large in basement, smaller ones on 2nd floor. Meeting Buffet Food service was great, although not alot of difference between lunch and diinner with respect to variety. Convienent shopping mall across the road.. Safe area.
Rooms were nicely decorated, although had some issues with tv remote... turned on bedside lamp and tripped breaker... some new building bugs i guess. Only complaint.. could not get water hot enough for a good shower...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GM JW Marriott ... M, General Manager at JW Marriott Mexico City Santa Fe, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Appreciated Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review about our Hotel.

Like you mentioned, we are a brand new property, with only 4 months of being fully operational.
All of our Deluxe and Executive Rooms have the same size, 37 square meters. We also offer Junior Suites measuring 55 sq mts and Master Suites measuring 74 sq mts, in case you require extra space for your comfort.

We want you to know that every detail is taken care of so our guests can have a delightful experience, that is why your comments are so appreciated, because that way we can work on improving our opportunity areas you've mentioned.

Thank you again for telling us about your experience, it will be a pleasure to welcome you again next time you are in Santa Fe, Mexico City.

Kind regards,

Miguel Mestas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stayed at this Marriott after staying at the downtown Polanco location several times. I am having a hard time deciding which I liked best ...

This one is a much newer property. The rooms have a very modern decor. I was concerned that there wouldn't be any restaurants nearby, but that is not a concern. There are a number of restaurants nearby, and had one of my best meals in a while at Fischer's (take a right from the front entrance and go to the lower level of the Novotel). The lounge on the 12th (?) floor is really nice and there is a cool small covered outside area complete with fireplace (where I was able to watch a thunderstorm rolling in).

Will definitely return!

Check-out was a bit slow -- not sure why they can't put my bill underneath my door like they do at the other JW in Polanco.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
GM JW Marriott ... M, General Manager at JW Marriott Mexico City Santa Fe, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear guest:

We really appreciate the feedback you have provided. Your comments are always important for us so we know exactly how we can improve our service and therefore provide better experiences for our guests.

We are actually working in applying the express check out process that you mentioned.
We hope that by the next time you decide to honor us with your visit it can already be on going.

Warm regards,

Lima
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I loved this hotel. It is pretty new, it has excellent restaurants and a nice bar. The bedrooms are awesome and they have their own coffe maker inside. I didn't go to the pool or gym so I can't write about them.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
GM JW Marriott ... M, General Manager at JW Marriott Mexico City Santa Fe, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Appreciated Guest,

It is my pleasure to personally thank you for taking your time to write your opinion about our Hotel.

Eventhough we just opened 3 months ago, we are continously making an effort so each guest can live the JW Marriott service experience. That is why we are glad to know your stay here fulfilled your expectations.

Be sure that next time you honor us with your visit we will do anything to make it perfectly memorable.

Hope to see you soon, receive my kind regards.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is my second time to Sante Fe and I was thrilled to learn the JW just opened. The hotel is very contemporary with amazing service. The rooms are large and very well appointed - they have an abundance of Aromatherapy amentities as well as a state of the art coffee marker. If you are a Marroitt Reward Member - you hit the jackpot. The club lodge is open 24 hours a day and has a beautiful outdoor deck. The best feature is a FULL DINNER and COCKTAIL service - COMPLlMENTARY.

The fitness center and spa are both well equiped.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your last trip to Santa Fe, Mexico City. We really enjoyed hosting you.

Our main commitment is to provide great service experiences, specially for our distinguished Marriott Rewards Elite Members.

We really appreciate you taking your time to write a review about our Hotel. We will be thrilled to welcome you again anytime soon.

Receive my kind regards,

Miguel Mestas.
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel has the JW looks but lacks the JW service. Stayed here for 2 night on business and noted some flaws on the service specially checking in, checking out and when I really needed it since I got a high fever on my stay. The check in/out process hectic....like if they where doing it for the first time. You just did not feel on a JW, it was more like a limited service business hotel and that is bad. Being completely sick with a throat infection and high fever I tried to reach the hotel services staff for a medic and/or a thermometer and failed in my intent. They did not have a simple $5 thermometer with them (huge deception) and they did not have a medic. How in the world you service a so called 5 star hotel on a business destination and don´t have a medic and a thermometer...??? Unfortunately for the hotel, those major incidents reflect on my detailed and poor rating on this hotel, even though the hotel looks nice, clean and has good location. But far from that, the worst JW I have ever been to.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
GM JW Marriott ... M, General Manager at JW Marriott Mexico City Santa Fe, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Appreciated Guest,

I would like to thank you for chooosing the JW Marriott Mexico City Santa Fe for your most recent stay in the city.

We truly value your comments and understand that we did not met the level of expectation that is required from a JW Marriott Hotel.

I deeply apologize for the unfortunate inconveniences that were caused. Be sure that your feedback will be used to better help our team respond in cases like this.

We do offer medical services for our guests, in fact It is not from the hotel staff but It is available 24/7 if someone requires it.

As a result of your valuable review we have reinforced our procedures in this matter.

We look forward to welcome you back anytime soon.

Greenwich, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Excellent new hotel in Santa Fe zone of Mexico City. As of the date of this review (July 2012), the hotel has only been open for about one month. I did not experience any of the unfinished construction issues noted by prior reviews. Overall I had a terrific two day stay. The rooms are perfect size, comfortable beds, good wi-fi speed, nice work space, well appointed bathrooms with nice showers. I had room service, food was good and didn't take too long.

A few small things they could improve on (which I'm sure they will) that would move this rating to Five Stars. First the check in - it was slow. There are only three desks for check in. When I arrived there was a good sized line, but they only had two desks opened, but there were four people behind the desk, why couldn't they see the long line and open another? The process was also very slow, including running your credit card through the system making a charge with the explanation it will be canceled at check out, but they couldn't explain why they did this in the first place. This process alone took five minutes since the two agents were sharing one AMEX machine. For some reason my Marriott Rewards wasn't in my reservation, I asked them to include it. At check out, it still wasn't in system. I assume they were so busy with checking people in, they just forgot. The front desk needs better training and a look at their processes. Next, the elevators are small and slim. However, the bellmen put luggage carts inside the guest elevators, thus not allowing guests to fit to go to their room or on another occasion we were all squeezed in. At most hotels, the bellman use the employee elevators to deliever large amounts of luggage. Breakfast - there is only one place to have breakfast, which is a sit down restaurant. There is nowhere in the hotel to quickly have a coffee and pastry or bagel [though there is complementary coffee in the lobby]. Most full service hotels around the world now have a small coffee shop [like a Starbucks] for guests to have a quick breakfast. The closest Starbucks is about a two [long] block walk. Lastly, the TV channel selections are geared more for Spanish speaking guests. Of the many channels offered (40+) only about six are in English. Other hotels in Mexico City [like the JW Marriott in Polanco] offer a bigger selection of channels that are attractive to both Spanish and English speaking guests [for example U.S. network feeds, English ESPN, etc.]. I think these are easy things to change and the lack of which did not take away from my stay. I will stay here again on my next trip to Mexico and I hope this hotel continues to improve. If it does, I will update my review.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
GM JW Marriott ... M, General Manager at JW Marriott Mexico City Santa Fe, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Appreciated Guest,

Thank you for chooosing to stay with us during your last trip to Mexico City. We are thrilled to hear that you had a terrific stay.

We want you to know that each and every thing you mention is an opportunity for us to improve our service and overall our guest's experience.

The Front Desk Staff, including the bellmen, is continously under training and your comments about their processes are truly taken care of.

Unfortunately we don´t have a small coffee shop inside the Hotel but like you mention, there is complimentary coffee in our lobby and if you are in a hurry, the staff from Cua Restaurant can gladly and quickly attend your needs.
Also, there is a Starbucks Coffee right across the street, in Samara Shopping Mall.

Again, we are really grateful that you took your time for this review and we want to make sure you know that our guest's feedback is of the highest importance.

Hoping you honor us with your visit again soon please receive my kind regards,

Santiago, Chile
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

Great location an decent prices. But this hotel still has problems to be considered fully operational. Only opened like 2 months ago (could be less).
Good gym, great breakfast service in the middle of the Santa Fe business district.

I will come back. Definitively.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at JW Marriott Mexico City Santa Fe, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are greatful that you take the time to share your experience of your recent stay with us.

The JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City Santa Fe just opened one month ago and our entire staff is working hard in order to fix any issues that we may still have.

Please let us assure you that next time you honor us with your visit you will have the excellent stay that you deserve.

Thank you and receive my kind regards,

Miguel Mestas

Been to JW Marriott Mexico City Santa Fe? Share your experiences!