“Cheap, central,clean, great value for money” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Fleming
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Revillagigedo 35 | Centro, Mexico City 06050, Mexico   |
Ranked #117 of 286 Hotels in Mexico City
Coimbra, Portugal
“Cheap, central,clean, great value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Stayed 9 nights at Fleming in June. The place is completely central (though extremely quiet and silent), and you are very close (like a 5 minute-walk) to Palacio de Bellas Artes, Zocalo, well, to everything that really matters in the city center. The metro stop Juárez is a 3 minute walk, so you are actually very close to everything. It is also very clean (which is something I appreciate) and people that work there are very nice and available. The rooms are quite big, although the only drawback I found was that my room was an interior one, which meant that some nights the heat was close to unbearable. I guess the number was 413, try to avoid those interior rooms, for there is no air circulating there and the room gets much hotter. Apart from that (in fresher nights I had no such problem), the shower is great, lots of room, close to Metro and you even have fast-food chains very close, in case you have those gastrointestinal problems (and you need to normalize things), like I did :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Cape Town
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I first booked into the Fleming on the recommendation of our taxi driver from the airport who strongly recommended that we stay there rather than where my girlfriend had made a reservation - he was right (I looked at the other later). Despite my initial scepticism I found that he wasn't generally redirecting visitors to the Fleming (and despite my longish stay I never saw him at the hotel again).

I've stayed at the Fleming on various visits to the city since 1998 - and all have met my expectation of helpful and reliable service.

My Spanish is poor - and the English at the desk isn't of the best - but this has never been a problem.

The hotel is well located and extremely good value. Taxis arranged when I've wanted to go to the airport, bus station or further afield have always been similarly well-priced.

The in-house restaurant serves a good value-for-money breakfast. Only on my last visit did I do lunch at the restaurant and found it similarly good value. Both breakfast and lunch find many locals eating in the restaurant; this is indicative of the quality and value.

The staff in both the hotel and restaurant are generally friendly and make an effort to meet the needs of visitors.

Room Tip: I've always been happy with the room assigned, but none of these has been on the street, so can...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Los Gatos, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

Hotel Fleming, took two rooms for four nights for myself, husband and two kids in Feb 2012. I found hotel, clean, practical, servicable, safe. I found it good value and staff fine for price. Great location with many good inexpensive restaurants nearby. We would walk back from Zocalo or Belles Artes at night with no issues. Very close metro stop.

Room Tip: Get rooms on fifth floor
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

I would say its a good place if you want to be at the downtown and prefer economical living. Rooms are good and big. Luckily most of the staff understands and speaks little English so its convenient for you. From the perspective of exploring Mexico city, hotel is at walking distance from the Metro stations (Balderas and Juarez) and also you have couple of MetroBus stations near by. The artisan market is also a 4-5 mins walk from the hotel. The only thing I didn't like about the hotel was that they want the payment everyday morning. Some of the staff is friendly and greets you with a smile and some staff seems a a little rude probably because of the language barrier.

Room Tip: 1. Single rooms do not have AC's I am not sure if others do. You may want to check that. 2. Re...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

Nice hotel, some 1 km from Zocalo, clean and big enough rooms, clean bathrooms, towels changed every day, room service cleaned the room perfectly every day, comfortable beds, the windows do not isolate noise and cold from outside, some receptionist were a bit nasty.

Room Tip: Rooms oriented to the courtyard are bit less noisy, but the view is worse and vice versa. Depends on...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
düsseldorf
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

I am student, so i have slept in a lot of hotels and even hostel, but none of them were so bad as this one.This Hotel has nice look from the outside and its reasonable piriced, but thats all. It already starts with the arrive, the receptionist was extremely unfriendly, but not only him the whole staff terribly unfriendly. And this goes on with the hotel room. The room was clean and had proper internet. But this should be normal in a hotel. But the bed was rock hard, couldn´t sleep well there, sleep each night for 4 hours as well as my friend did, still have backpain. Actually wanted to stay there for a week, but after two night I had to skip the hotel and go to another one. So if you dont care about comfort and service this should be your hotel, but then you could also go to a hostel. It would be half price and you would probably get better service then in this so called " hotel" . My honest opinion: Please dont go to this hotel! I am now in Hotel Segovia Regency, it cost 160 pesos more for two persons, and its really good, friendly competent staff and nice rooms.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
comox valley, bc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

We were desparate to find a hotel on a busy weekend as our plans suddenly changed and we arrived without a reservation. We checked 20 hotels and all were full. We walked into the hotel fleming and were greeted pleasently my an english speaking older man who said they were going to be very busy but showed us a room anyways. We couldn't check in until the next day as we had found a place for one night but would have to move. They actually held the room for us and said to be there at 9am the next morning. They checked us in right away and gave us a junior suite with a king size bed, and the biggest mexican bathroom I've ever seen with a juccuzi tub big enough for two adults to swim in (lol), a separate shower stall, and a separate toilet room. Super hot water too. All for only 550 pesos a night. They have 2 computers available in the lobby but they are very expensive. 40 pesos for one hour and its on a timer so it will shut off when the time it up so be aware. Breakfast is decent in the restaurant too. We would stay here again!

Room Tip: get the junior suite.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Fleming? Share your experiences!