“Great place at a great price!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Del Principado to your Saves list
Hotel Del Principado
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Londres 42 | Colonia Juárez, Mexico City 06600, Mexico   |
Ranked #27 of 279 hotels in Mexico City
“Great place at a great price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

Me and my wife decided to go to Mexico City from Cancun at the last minute so due to the great reviews we found on tripadvisor,we decide to stay at this hotel. We could not be any happier! It's close to the Zona Rosa...Reforma and even the historic center if you like walking. I was suprised that the hotel was very clean, my room was great,comportable bed,hot shower, tv and overall it meet my expectation especially for the good low price. The staff was good too! The receptionist even helped us set up tours and recommended us to alot of places nearby. I definitely had a great stay and deff. would stay there again!

• Stayed May 2012

362 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

In March 2012, we spent three nights in the hotel.
The hotel in a center place, but still very quiet.
The hotel is clean, order and the services are great.

I recommend to visit this hotel

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Cancun, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I needed to do a few things in Mexico City and did not want to spend lot in the hotel. Based on the reviews I saw I decided to book this hotel.

This is a great hotel if you are looking only for a place to spend the night, it has a great location (two blocks away from Avenida Insurgentes and 10 minutes walking distance from Metro Insurgentes) there are many places you can visit within walking distance such as “Zona Rosa” and “Reforma Avenue”.

The price was fair, the rooms are clean they do not have a safety deposit box but you can request one at the front desk. The beds are not the most conformable and the TV did not work most of the times, also they do not have AC so it can get a bit hot at night. However and taking in consideration it is a budget Hotel I can not complain. The place was CLEAN and the staff is the greatest asset for the place they were extremely friendly and always helped me with my questions.

Room tip: if you have a hard time at night sleeping stay away from the first floor it is a bit loud.

So if you are on a budget and just need a place to sleep I would definitely recommend this place.

Room Tip: if you have a hard time at night sleeping stay away from the first floor it is a bit loud.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Kigali
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

I was only passing through Mexico City en route to the U.S. so booked a one night stay at the hotel. The biggest impression it made on me was the helpfulness of the staff including a woman who I think must have been the manager. I had the last free room and my sister who didn't make a reservation needed to find another hotel. The manager called a hotel around the corner and literally walked my sister to the reception of the other hotel and gave her free breakfast coupons to come eat at Principado. The man working at reception was also very nice. I paid only $50 for two single beds in a spotless, modern room with clean, new bed linens, cable TV, wireless internet, and other anemities. The hotel is also located 1/2 block for a 24 hour 7 Eleven store and about two minutes on foot from one of the main boulevards of the city which includes a massive shopping center, taxis, and other coffee shops, etc. When I return to Mexico City, I will ASBOLUTELY book my room at Hotel Del Principado - terrific!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012 via mobile

great place in the area of zona rosa... not expensive at all, but very good hotel.
nice service ... friendly and helpful people... definitely recommendable. only my bathroom wasnt in a good state, but although aceptable for the money... wishing you a nice holiday and a pleasant stay in mexico city and greetings from germany

• Stayed March 2012
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

Hotel was recommended by Thompson, Excellent service and staff all very friendly. Some even went out of their way to help us learn how the metro and subway worked. They even packed our lunch to our spec (we are vegetarians) as we did a lot of tours . Saved us looking for veggie food in the city. Hotel was clean and adequate and sometimes even when we forgot our money lying around , nothing was taken. This hotel is definite value for money so if you are on a budget I would highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

This hotel is centrally located with easy access to the metrobus and the metro. The breakfast was pretty good and the staff was friendly. Our room wasn't that good though. It was in the first floor right next to the entrance, so it was a little bit noisy. It was also dark and the floor was slanted.

Room Tip: Avoid room 101
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Del Principado? Share your experiences!