“Good value for the money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mexico City Airport

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mexico City Airport to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mexico City Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Javier Rojo Gomez No. 630, Mexico City 09310, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 20%
Ranked #22 of 283 Hotels in Mexico City
McKinney, United States
“Good value for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Hotel is very clean, room and bed very comfortable. Bathroom is very modern & clean. Staff was helpful. Location of the hotel is OK, but I did not find very many restaurant selections in the surrounding area (you did have a mall and a few local spots). I do recommend this hotel

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTree by H... M, Assistant General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mexico City Airport, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Please receive greetings from the staff of DoubleTree by Hilton Mexico City Airport Area
I am glad to see the comments about the service in our property.

We would love to welcome you back in our property with our delicious chocolate chip cookie.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if need something related with our property.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Chihuahua
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Recently converted from another brand, this hotel's room are the nicest I have been in any other doubletree. But make no mistake: even thought it is advertised as "airport" you will travel 15 minutes south from the terminal, when there is no traffic. This hotel is onky recommended if you have business in the Iztapalapa area, but beware as the surroundings are not as safe as other Mexico areas (avoid walking at night).

• Stayed February 2013
DoubleTree by H... M, Assistant General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mexico City Airport, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear guest,

Please receive greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Mexico City Airport Area, we want to thank you to take the time and give us your comments

Our guest are the most important to us, we really appreciate your feedback because we have noticed that you like our rooms.

Unfortunately you don´t like the area, but we could give you the shuttle service from the hotel to the nearest Parque Tezontle mall, where your can find cinemas, restaurants, etc. Also if you have an event in a nearest forum like Palacio de los Deportes or Foro Sol, we take care of the transportation.

We´ll be glad if you give us a new opportunity in your next trip to Mexico City.

Best Regards.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed only for one night, at the arrival everyone was very helpful and nice. Service seemed really committed and genuine. The rooms were nice and the whole hotel seemed well up kept. The only issue we had is that we asked for a wake up call one hour before our shuttle and the call never came through, fortunately we put our alarms and got up on time but it could have been awful if we had not. Anyway, I think if we have to, we might stay there again but will most likely look for alternatives.

• Stayed February 2013
DoubleTree by H... M, Assistant General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mexico City Airport, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear guest,

I´m aware that you have an incident to our wake up call and I want to express a deepest apology for this situation.

Your feedback is incredibly significant to us, because our guest are very important . We will make sure to take them into consideration, to improve your experience in our property. we are working to ensure that our staff conducts itself in a manner that reflects the high regard that we have for our guest.

Please if you need something related with our property don´t hesitate to contact me I'll be pleased to assist you personally.
Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Turns out the owner is too cheap to have heat and when its 40F out its really really cold in the rooms and you will get no sleep also the elevator is way too fast when two try to use it the second person gets hit hard with the doors

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
DoubleTree by H... M, Assistant General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mexico City Airport, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Please receive sincerely greetings, I´m glad to hear about your comments, regarding the service you received at our hotel.

I´m aware that you went in a disappointing experience in our hotel and I want to express a deepest apology for this incident.

Your feedback is incredibly significant to us, because our guest are very important to us. We will make sure to take them into consideration, to improve your experience in our property. we are working to ensure that our staff conducts itself in a manner that reflects the high regard that we have for our guest.

We realized that you need a heat in your room, but please I would explain that in our property is not requested, because we have a building warm inside, I think we should have mentioning that we have heaters in the front desk.

Northern New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I had an incredibly strange experience at this hotel. I am a Diamond member and clock about 45 stays at Hilton properties (mostly in the US). I stayed here with my wife and my sister-in-law the night of December 31. I know it is New Year's Eve but my overall experience is nothing short of strange. We arrived to the Mexico City airport around 6 PM. There is a Doubletree booth at the airport where you can let the attendant know that you are staying at the hotel. When I went to the booth, there is no one there. The lady in the booth next door who spoke no English went and found the booth attendant in the bathroom (prior to this we waited for 15 minutes). While it is certainly none of my business what she was doing in the bathroom for that long, the booth was unattended. When the lady finally arrived, she called the hotel to have the shuttle pick us up. The shuttle came in about half and hour. This is where more strangeness begins. When we arrived at the hotel, I asked if there were any upgrades to a suite (I was even willing to pay for the upgrade). I was told that the hotel is sold out and there were no upgrades available. OK, fine. Then we went to the restaurant to grab something to eat. The restaurant manager was reluctant to let us eat because the restaurant was reserved for a New Year's Eve party but eventually he agreed for us to eat there. The menu is only in Spanish and the waiters do not speak much English so we had to figure out what the heck the menu said. The waiter ended up googling the meal on her smart phone and showed it to us on the smart phone display so that we could know what we are ordering. Weird. The next morning around 9 AM on January 1 we went to the restaurant to have breakfast. There was not a single person there and there were no one at the restaurant to sit us down or anything. The place was EMPTY with a TV blaring. Another strange thing. Eventually, we asked the bellman to see if he could find someone to sit us down and the waiter eventually came out and sat us down. He told us VERBALLY what the menu was (despite the front desk telling us it was buffet breakfast) and he brought out some coffee which was cold (not even lukewarm). He went and heated it in the microwave. I told him I want fresh coffee and he went and brewed new coffee. Then I ordered some granola (keep in mind, there was no menu) and he brought out granola and a glass of milk. I asked him if the milk is 1%, 2% etc, he did not understand me. Whatever. My wife ordered an omelette which was more like fried eggs with some veggies. This was all done verbally - we never saw any menu. Then I asked the front desk how full the hotel was. I was told that right now there are about FIVE rooms are occupied. I asked why was it that I was told that there was no upgrade at check in. I was told that probably last night the hotel was full (not it was not). Whatever again.

Bottom line. The rooms are well appointed. The customer service is horrible. The front desk attendants either lie or do not know how to do their job. Will not stay here again until the service improves. This is not the level of customer service I have come to expect from a Hilton family property.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
DoubleTree by H... M, Assistant General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mexico City Airport, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

I´m glad to hear about your comments regarding the service you received at our hotel. I want to express a deepest apology for the inconvenience had on your stay at our hotel.

We read your comments and are worried about it because you as a Diamond Honor Member are one of the most important guest to Hilton, you should not have been through this, I´m aware that you felt strange at our hotel I´m going to follow up all the contributions that you advise in order to improve the service. Also we are working to ensure that our staff conducts itself in a manner that reflects the high regard that we have for our guest.

Thank you for comment this incident. We´ll be glad if you give us a new opportunity and choose DoubleTree by Hilton Mexico City Airport Area in your next trip in order to show you the best service and offered a rewarding experience.

Cork
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

After a long days travel from Ireland via Amsterdam ,we attempted to check in to this hotel on the 30th oct last,on producing my booking ref(made by my travel agent)humberto the receptionist informed me that he didn't have my reservation.having Been in the hotel business for many years,I quietly asked my wife to take a seat,and took Humberto to task ,in 10 years traveling with this travel agency there had never been a mistake,he then showed me his copy of my prepaid voucher with my name crossed out and another name written in by hand! At that point we were shown to a room ,adequate at best (yes I had seen the previous reviews on tripadviser)poorly fitted door let lots of early morning noises.the gym was well appointed,and breakfast was excellent.i will let you Arrive at your own conclusion as to why a prepaid room was about to be resold to another customer on a night that the hotel appeared to have lots of rooms available !

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
DoubleTree by H... M, Assistant General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mexico City Airport, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Mr Michael R.,

We really appreciate your comments, our guest are the most important to us, that is why we want to be sure that your stay with us was pretty good.

I dare to ask your confirmation number, in order to monitoring your reservation and work with our team members preventing something similar in the future.

Please receive a warm greeting from the staff of DoubleTree by Hilton Mexico City airport area.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mexico City Airport? Share your experiences!