“really liked it”
Review of Saks Polanco

Campos Eliseos 133, Mexico City, Mexico (Centro)
Website

London, United Kingdom
“really liked it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

best of it was:
--location & place - very close to Lincoln park Marriott Polanco. Restaurant inside is pretty - with a Vermeer painting on the wall, and outside - super cosy
--awesome margaritas. We tried all flavours - mango no sugar is best; the berries one great too
--salads fresh, good portion size and tasty. I really liked food

recommend

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Menlo Park, California
“Great Breakfast/ Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I came here for a late breakfast and absolutely loved this place. We sat outside where the attentive staff made sure the umbrellas were perfectly positioned as soon as we sat down. While you await your breakfast order, a server will come out with a HUGE tray of assorted homemade pastries and muffins; it is impossible to choose, but if you need to stick to just one option, go for the corn muffin, (panque de elote), they are made in house and oh so scrumptious. Their goat cheese and oregano omelette is cooked to perfection, but even more delicious is the huevos a la griega (greek eggs): feta cheese, roasted whole tomatoe and an olive tapenade that will leave you craving for more. The service is equally impressive. I can imagine their lunch and dinner menus are equally impressive.

• Visited June 2013
Mexico City, Mexico
“Excellent option for vegans and non”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Several options for vegans and vegetarians, not a turn down for the rest since there are a couple of options as steak or chicken but definitely not a steak house.

Salads are good, main dishes are excellent although I've been here a few times in the past and the menu still the same so after a few visits could get boring, chef should renew the menu so it offers new experiences to old customers.

Service is good, you can spend your meal either outside on the terraza or inside if crowded.

I recommend the Saks salad, cactus timbal so good, the tuna steak with hummus is a good option that usually is ok but today I could tell that it was not that fresh probably it was frozen and it was placed at the grill directly, the texture was not right they should pay attention to this kind of details if you go for this tell the waiter to pass the message to the chef to make it right or go for the salmon that is good too.

At the table they place a basket with a variety of sliced bread that goes pretty good with the salads and main courses.

Tamarind margarita is great!

Price is around 750 mxn with tip included for 2 persons with drinks (salads and main course)

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
UK
“Good Food and Re(laxed) Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We went to this restaurant to celebrate my husband's birthday. He chose it himself because he read that the food was good for vegetarians. This was true and he really enjoyed his dishes. We normally struggle when we visit Mexico, but this time he had plenty of choice.

We had a table in the terrace, but I was not completely happy. When I booked it over the phone, I didn't realise the terrace was right next to the street. At rush hour it can get a little noisy and it is not such a nice view.

My husband thought the service was relaxed whilst I thought it was laxed. The waiter forgot to bring the menu in English and we had to remind him. He also brought a glass of a different wine than the one we had ordered. My mum had the mixiote and it was cold. She had to ask for it to be reheated. The same with her capuccino - it was cold. The service was friendly, but I would have hoped for it to be more professional.

To summarise, the food was good (great for vegetarians) but perhaps the service needs to step up a notch. I would recommend this place, but with so many other good restaurants in Mexico City, I am not sure I would go back too soon.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California
“Delicious food in a lovely atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My favorite meal at Saks is their salmon filet with asparagus with balsamic sauce. Delicious! Also the cheese & fruit plate with their variety of bread is wonderful. The atmosphere is pleasant, and there is often live music that's not overwhelming. Their version of claricot (a wine & fruit cocktail) is very good. We have enjoyed our dining experience every time we have eaten there!

• Visited April 2012