“great french type bostrot” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Maximo Bistrot Local

Maximo Bistrot Local
Tonala 133 | Colonia Roma, Mexico City, Mexico (Centro)
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Maximo Bistrot Local is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 2,010 Restaurants in Mexico City
Cuisines: Mexican, Eclectic
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Centro
Cross street: Entre Guanajuato y Queretaro
Transit: Estamos a 2 cuadras de la estacion de Metrobus Alvaro Obregon.
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
“great french type bostrot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

weve been here twice its in roma norte blown away on our first visit the chef owner worked at bernardin nyc our 2nd visit not as impressed ordered ravioli and the pate was too thick and it was somthered in heavy cream sauce my wifes mian a white fish was not exceptionally fresh in our opinion

well definitely go again it has lively ambiance jam packed all the time

need to reserve

Visited May 2013

Buenos Aires
“Overrated restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

This restaurant unfortunately did not live up to our expectations. We did not mind the location, but much could be done in terms of adding comfort. However, food was the main issue.
Our callo catarino with apple salad was unbalanced with lots of lemon and a strange sauce. Meat was underseasoned and the risotto of the day was a buttery rendition of a rice soup. Athough the place promotes itself as a bistro its courses lack the proper techniques of the French confit. The locally bottled apple pear cyder seemed a rendition of a strongbow. The custard of our creme brulée lacked good texture although the rubbard pie was very good. Service was friendly though and when we returned a dish we received back a good fish main course. All in all, the place is overrated, which shows the low local standards on fine cuisine

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Managua
“Best birthday lunch ever.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Thank you for a lovely meal on 23 May 2013. I was traveling solo in DF as a birthday gift to myself and wanted to see what the buzz was about, and so reserved a lunch spot. Though I don't mind being seated on the street, and didn't mind the corner, I did ask to be moved to the other side where I would be out of range of a compatriot (gringo) couple's rather loud conversation. This seemed to annoy the servers a bit. Given how quickly the place filled up later that afternoon, I understand. Everything improved with the first glass of wine, some crusty bread, and a terrifically smoky eggplant dip that the waiters happily explained to me in Spanish and English. An amazing octopus ceviche followed: one can find great octopus ceviche in holes in the wall in DF, too, but this had its own kind of citrusy magic. The goat cheese ravioli main was a little too salty for me, though the tomatoes in the sauce were lovely. I skipped coffee and had more wine instead, but then was surprised by a waiter bringing me a postre--a slice of mascarpone cheese cake with strawberries and a birthday candle. Beautiful vanilla-laden fluffiness on a plate, with a wish! How can one not enjoy attention like that?

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mexico City, Mexico
“Food excellent - service attentive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The restaurant is not in the nicest of street corners, the restaurant itself could do with a new floor - the floor of concrete tiles from the 50's does not do the restaurant justice - not chic.

The food though was excellent in every way and will definitely go again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vancouver, Canada
“An exciting night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Thank you for a wonderful dinner on 26 April 2013. My second trip to DF in 2 years and I booked ahead for Maximo bistro local. We were not disappointed. It was a stressful night for the staff, they were able to clearly communicate with us and continue a very professional service and again excellent, wonderfully surprising food. Would not miss it on my next visit.

• Visited April 2013