“VIP experience on a reasonable budget” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Americana Grand Chapultepec

Save Saved
You added Fiesta Americana Grand Chapultepec to your Saves list
Fiesta Americana Grand Chapultepec
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Mariano Escobedo 756 | Colonia Anzures, Mexico City 11590, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #35 of 279 hotels in Mexico City
Los Angeles, California
“VIP experience on a reasonable budget”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

From the moment my wife and I arrived at the hotel, we felt we had arrived somewhere special. The staff was very friendly, perhaps the fact that I spoke fluent Spanish helped, but I have a feeling you would be well taken care of even if you didn't.

We stayed on the fifth floor, European room, king size bed, with a breathtaking view of Chapultepec. You will hear a little of the traffic from the street at night, so if you are a finicky sleeper about noise, I suggest you bring ear plugs (I did, and slept like a champ - the mattress and the pillows were delicious). Perhaps next time I will book a room higher up. The bathroom was great, and the bedroom spacious. The cleaning staff did an excellent job, we stayed there 6 nights.

You are walking distance from Chapultepec and the museums. You feel safe walking around the area. Everywhere we went, we used the hotel taxi. The going rate is about $20 U.S. an hour, which given the quality and comfort you get in return, is a remarkable deal. I highly recommend it.

I recommend hitting up the OXXO (it's like the 7 Eleven in Mexico) to stock up on snacks and water. Ask the staff for directions, it's literally two blocks away. There's an ATM a block away. A great taco spot is El Fogoncito. They're open till 4 am. You can't go wrong hitting that up, along with the wine store next door. Try the Baja California red wine, it's excellent.

As for dining, try Xanat at the Marriot, and the Central Brasserie, both in Polanco.

Room Tip: We picked a European room, which was king size and with a view of the park, which was breathtaking...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

220 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We arrived on a red eye to find our reservations at another hotel was inhospitable and uninhabitable!!!We moved operations to this FAGC hotel and spent the most marvelous week as our home base. Beginning with the way we were received, (GREAT staff)the temp rooms we were given, till ours were ready, then moving our bags while we took care of business, then enjoyed(grat location:reforma, SAFE) the city. Our rooms on the 12th floor afforded us a view of the G.C.castle and the park. The sunrise, sunset and even the traffic light provided us with an amazing, ever changing and entertaining vista. The hotel provided all the amenities including great restraunt,in beautiful surroundings (think marble, greenery tall ceilings,etc....)A great value added was the 16th floor!!!!!! For a little extra we could go there to socialize, eat hors douvres, drink wine & beer like a private club!! It was a marvelous experience and would whole heartedly recommend it to all

Room Tip: the higher the better!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
GDL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stayed at the Fiesta Americana Grand during the month of Nov. with my wife and 6 year old daughter.

I want to begin with the positive, Its well located, the building its relatively new and the rooms are nice and clean although a bit small from my perspective.

But having a nice hotel its not enough!!!

I believe there is a lot of disconnection between the staff which makes the customer experience a nightmare.

I'm only going to mention one, but there where several others. when I called the hotel to book the room I specifically asked if the had baby sitters since we had an evening event we had to attend, they said yes and gave me the price per hour. Based on this I made my desicion and booked.

When I arrived again I asked the front desk gentlemen If everything was fixed with the baby sitter, the price and if I could have that charged to the room. at that point his statment was that there should be no trouble.

Come the time of the babysitting service I called and at that moment they told me they were looking for a baby sitter and asked me if I had received the rate confirmation to which I said yes and mentioned the price. To what they said that it was incorrect and gave me the "new" rate which was double as originally stated. After 20 minutes of allegations they agreed to provide the service and the original price + 20%. not a nice situation but we did not have a choice and we were told this could not be charged to the room it had to be cash!!!

Once the sitter arrived I can tell you this lady had no experience whatsoever in baby sitting and I did not felt very comfortable leaving my daughter with her. after some detail questioning and instruction given to her we decided to leave but we were forced to be calling every hour to check up.

The sitter not friendly she seemed for some reason mad and we were not able to enjoy our evening due to this.

I will not stay again at this hotel I found an unprofessional team who was gave out left and right incorrect information and were not what I had expected given the price I paid.

Maybe for a business travel the hotel is fine.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Rapid City, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 12 days in October 2013 as part of a big group of 45 people. Check in was a little chaotic, but that's to be expected with a large group. Room was nice and ours had a beautiful view of the castle of Chapultepec. Housekeeping left bottled water for us every day. Someone would stop everyday late afternoon to see if the room was clean and if we needed more water or some chocolate. We were on a VIP floor, so not sure if they do that every floor!

We ate breakfast at the hotel and they had a nice variety of hot dishes, pastries and delicious fruit.

The hotel location is awesome. A short walk from the castle and the forest. Lots of restaurants and only a short cab ride (or longer walk) from Polanco district.

I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

The hotel is situated right near Paseo de la Reforma which is a main street in the city. This makes it very centrally located to wherever you need to go. It is very easy to get to a from this hotel from anywhere in the city. We found the staff at the valet and the security guards downstairs to be very nice and accomodating from the moment we checked in (especially Fernando). The front desk staff were attentive and offered us a free upgrade with free wifi access because we booked through Expedia. We found the room very clean and with a huge window with a view of the park. I highly reccommend anyone that stays here book the park view room. The women of our party liked the large closet and huge full length mirror in the room which made getting ready much easier. We only used the gym on one occassion but it was clean, had a good amount of equipment and also had the best view in the hotel of the park.

Tips:

Book the park view room, parking is valet only but very cheap ($10 USD per day) and has unlimited in our priveleges, Wi-Fi is not free unless you have a package deal when you booked it, As this is Mexico tipping is pretty much required. They will go out of their way to assist you at this hotel, so they definitely earn it.

Room Tip: Book a park view room on a high floor. If you book through Expedia they will upgrade you to a Platin...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Let me start by saying that Mexico is VERY safe. Prior to my trip, everyone warned me about being careful of kidnappings and crime in Mexico and they were all wrong because none of them have actually been to Mexico City. Not only did I feel extremely safe walking around but the people are very nice and the food delicious. In fact, Mexico City looks alot like Eastern Europe. So don't be afraid to explore!

Now onto the hotel. Fiesta Americana Grand Chapultepec is extremely well located. It is across from Chapultepec park inside which you will find the Modern Art Museum, the Chapultec Castle, the Anthropology Museum, the Zoo and the National History Museum. The park is big but most museums are an easy walk from the hotel. During the day, the park is very safe and during the weekend it is tons of fun with many locals enjoying their time as well.

There is a Starbucks down the block with free internet (after coffee purchase - details on the receipt). Next to the Starbucks is a money changer with good rates and half a block away are 2 great places to eat. Taqueria Selene for casual Al Pastor tacos and Los Planchos, a Mexican restaurant that has been in the neighborhood for 50 years.

The hotel itself is very comfortable and the staff are extremely helpful. Only complaint I have is that the pillows are too soft. Otherwise, it was a great stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Wimberley, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We spent two nights here and found the staff to be very helpful, the room clean and comfortable and the location very convenient. A few small glitches, we paid for an upgrade that came with breakfast. We had an early morning tour and the breakfast was not open that early so we had to go to the main dining room and pay for breakfast there, so we had to buy breakfast twice. All the meals we ate int he hotel were quite good with the exception of the desserts. We tried three of them and found none of them anything we would be interested in eating again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Fiesta Americana Grand Chapultepec? Share your experiences!