“Dont judge the book by its cover!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Americana Grand Chapultepec

Save Saved
You added Fiesta Americana Grand Chapultepec to your Saves list
Fiesta Americana Grand Chapultepec
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Mariano Escobedo 756 | Colonia Anzures, Mexico City 11590, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #36 of 282 hotels in Mexico City
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Dont judge the book by its cover!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I admit, I did judge the Hotel as soon as I arrived. When I walked in, I kept looking around and found myself in a rather small reception entrance, and thought: "Oh boy this is soooo very different from Hyatt where I stayed last". I was greeted by a very nice staff, and as I walked in the elevator and hit the floor button I realized that they upgraded my room.
As I walked in I was glad to see that the room was really nice and had all little details carefully thought through. I felt a little ashamed that I underestimated the hotel when I arrived. I had the Chapultepec Park and castle view. The location of the hotel is in Polanco area, so a very nice area to stay in, basically close to most of the places I needed to go. Breakfast was average.
If you dont want to use the hotel drivers, around the corner when exiting the reception to your left there´s a white taxi parking place front of the Bank. You can trust these cabs, but not the red and golden ones.

Room Tip: High floor with a view to the Park is a must!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

215 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I was fortunate enough to stay at the Fiesta Americana in Mexico City on a recent business trip. While the conference was located down the street at the Camino Real hotel (it was sold out) I was recommended to stay at this hotel.

I was quite pleased with the location and when I opened my door I was pleasantly surprised to see a living room with dining location along with a large bedroom and bath.

The staff was great - recommending local places for dinner along with arrangements for transportation (at set rates) and of course plenty of security.

When in Mexico City I will definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Coconut Creek, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

First time in this place and I liked it. Excellent service
From doorman to bellboy to reception desk room service etc
Nice breakfast buffet and overall a god experience. Near by many restaurants and places to walk etc

• Stayed May 2013
Del Mar, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were surprised when they upgraded our room to a view of Chapultepec Park and the Castle. The room was comfortable. The VIP lounge around the corner was great for breakfast or appetizers before dinner. The hotel got us a driver to take us to see the pyramids. It was better for us being able to see as much as we wanted and leaving when we were tired. The lobby is not large but attractive. You are located near the Tamayo museum, the Anthropology museum (a must see!), the Modern Art museum and the Castle. You are also near the Polenco area where some of the best restaurants are located. If you want a "light dinner", don't go to Panchos just around the corner. It was the worse Mexican food I have ever had!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of Chapultepec Park. We were on the 16th floor and near the VIP lounge. It was a fa...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

The hotel is small and is in good condition. The Staff is friendly and good attitude. Polanco is an area that is very well located, if there is no traffic for about 20 minutes by taxi from the international airport. The hotel has easy access. The restaurant is not visually beautiful but the food is good and reasonably priced. The rooms are spacious and clean.

Room Tip: Rooms facing el Campo de Marte or the Auditorio Nacional are the best; higher floors have better vie...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Pound Ridge, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband, daughter and I enjoyed our four night stay at the Fiesta Americana Grand Chapultepec. We very much enjoyed our quick and easy access to various museums in the area.

The room was comfortable, large, well-appointed (although my 6'2" husband found the bed a bit short for his stature) and had a spectacular view of Chapultepec Park and much of the Mexico City skyline. Overall the service was attentive and professional with the exception of the waitstaff at the restaurant. Here we found ourselves often waiting for unreasonably long times for drinks, our meals and the bill. The food itself was quite good and reasonably priced for a hotel restaurant. Of note, if you are a Fiesta Americana Vacation Club member such as us, be sure to ask about the 15% discount on meals as it does not always register in the hotel's system. We had to insist on it a couple of times.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lambertville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Just returned from a week in Mexico and two days in this hotel. There was a reservation mix-up upon check-in and it took a VERY long time to get it straightened out. We waited in the lobby for quite a long time, then left and visited a museum and were subjected to another LONG check-in before our rooms were ready. The staff was very helpful and tried their best to accomodate our group which consisted of four adults and three young people. We had three rooms on the same floor. One was huge with a fabulous view, the boys room was large and had two double beds and our room was a normal sized hotel room. Rooms were very clean, nicely furnished, and something I usually do not find in a hotel, a very comfy bathtub for a nice long soak. Two of the rooms received turn-down service with water and chocolates but we were skipped both nights. I paid the $16 for 24 hours of internet service which worked fine. When I went to print my boarding pass in the business computer room, they wanted to charge me for that. I called the desk and and complained that I did not intend to pay for that after I had already paid $16 for the internet for 24 hours of service. A desk person immediately arrived at the door and took me downstairs to the lobby where he printed everything and handed me as much free water as I could carry after I mentioned we had not received turn down service in our room. My husband and I ordered room service the first night while the rest of the family went out to eat. The food was hot and very good but not cheap. There are two 7-11's within a block of the hotel to buy water and snacks, which we did. A beautiful sedan took us to the airport for 320 pesos. We walked every where and spent our second day on a double decker bus tour which I highly recommend. We received a wonderful overview of the city and we were able to get on and off as we pleased. We could have spent a lot more time in this fascinating city. We would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fiesta Americana Grand Chapultepec? Share your experiences!