“Unbelievable Room and Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Americana Grand Chapultepec

Save Saved
You added Fiesta Americana Grand Chapultepec to your Saves list
Fiesta Americana Grand Chapultepec
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Mariano Escobedo 756 | Colonia Anzures, Mexico City 11590, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #35 of 280 hotels in Mexico City
Los Angeles, California
“Unbelievable Room and Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I was fortunate enough to stay at the Fiesta Americana in Mexico City on a recent business trip. While the conference was located down the street at the Camino Real hotel (it was sold out) I was recommended to stay at this hotel.

I was quite pleased with the location and when I opened my door I was pleasantly surprised to see a living room with dining location along with a large bedroom and bath.

The staff was great - recommending local places for dinner along with arrangements for transportation (at set rates) and of course plenty of security.

When in Mexico City I will definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

211 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Coconut Creek, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

First time in this place and I liked it. Excellent service
From doorman to bellboy to reception desk room service etc
Nice breakfast buffet and overall a god experience. Near by many restaurants and places to walk etc

• Stayed May 2013
Del Mar, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were surprised when they upgraded our room to a view of Chapultepec Park and the Castle. The room was comfortable. The VIP lounge around the corner was great for breakfast or appetizers before dinner. The hotel got us a driver to take us to see the pyramids. It was better for us being able to see as much as we wanted and leaving when we were tired. The lobby is not large but attractive. You are located near the Tamayo museum, the Anthropology museum (a must see!), the Modern Art museum and the Castle. You are also near the Polenco area where some of the best restaurants are located. If you want a "light dinner", don't go to Panchos just around the corner. It was the worse Mexican food I have ever had!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of Chapultepec Park. We were on the 16th floor and near the VIP lounge. It was a fa...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

The hotel is small and is in good condition. The Staff is friendly and good attitude. Polanco is an area that is very well located, if there is no traffic for about 20 minutes by taxi from the international airport. The hotel has easy access. The restaurant is not visually beautiful but the food is good and reasonably priced. The rooms are spacious and clean.

Room Tip: Rooms facing el Campo de Marte or the Auditorio Nacional are the best; higher floors have better vie...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Pound Ridge, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband, daughter and I enjoyed our four night stay at the Fiesta Americana Grand Chapultepec. We very much enjoyed our quick and easy access to various museums in the area.

The room was comfortable, large, well-appointed (although my 6'2" husband found the bed a bit short for his stature) and had a spectacular view of Chapultepec Park and much of the Mexico City skyline. Overall the service was attentive and professional with the exception of the waitstaff at the restaurant. Here we found ourselves often waiting for unreasonably long times for drinks, our meals and the bill. The food itself was quite good and reasonably priced for a hotel restaurant. Of note, if you are a Fiesta Americana Vacation Club member such as us, be sure to ask about the 15% discount on meals as it does not always register in the hotel's system. We had to insist on it a couple of times.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lambertville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Just returned from a week in Mexico and two days in this hotel. There was a reservation mix-up upon check-in and it took a VERY long time to get it straightened out. We waited in the lobby for quite a long time, then left and visited a museum and were subjected to another LONG check-in before our rooms were ready. The staff was very helpful and tried their best to accomodate our group which consisted of four adults and three young people. We had three rooms on the same floor. One was huge with a fabulous view, the boys room was large and had two double beds and our room was a normal sized hotel room. Rooms were very clean, nicely furnished, and something I usually do not find in a hotel, a very comfy bathtub for a nice long soak. Two of the rooms received turn-down service with water and chocolates but we were skipped both nights. I paid the $16 for 24 hours of internet service which worked fine. When I went to print my boarding pass in the business computer room, they wanted to charge me for that. I called the desk and and complained that I did not intend to pay for that after I had already paid $16 for the internet for 24 hours of service. A desk person immediately arrived at the door and took me downstairs to the lobby where he printed everything and handed me as much free water as I could carry after I mentioned we had not received turn down service in our room. My husband and I ordered room service the first night while the rest of the family went out to eat. The food was hot and very good but not cheap. There are two 7-11's within a block of the hotel to buy water and snacks, which we did. A beautiful sedan took us to the airport for 320 pesos. We walked every where and spent our second day on a double decker bus tour which I highly recommend. We received a wonderful overview of the city and we were able to get on and off as we pleased. We could have spent a lot more time in this fascinating city. We would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Scottsdale, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was not anything like any Fiesta Americana I have ever stayed at. I was there for a business meeting for a week. On my first night in the hotel I was woken up at 330am by 4 rings of my door bell and then a phone call from the front desk. Asking for me to open the door, that the night manager was at my door. I refused being a single women traveling alone. The next morning I addressed the issue with the GM. Although he had an explanation for why it happened. It was completely unacceptable. And I can't be the hotel would allow such a inexcusable thing to take place. I could not relax or sleep the rest of the trip. One of the worest hotel stays I have ever had.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Fiesta Americana Grand Chapultepec? Share your experiences!