“Aeropuerto Excellence” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Camino Real Aeropuerto

You added Camino Real Aeropuerto to your Saves list
Camino Real Aeropuerto
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Puerto Mexico 80 | Col Penon de los Banos, Mexico City 15520, Mexico   |
Ranked #173 of 287 Hotels in Mexico City
Haleiwa, Hawaii
“Aeropuerto Excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I had an overnight layover in Mexico City and since I hadn't been to Mexico in years, I felt too intimidated to leave things to chance by venturing into the city. I did not want to miss my connection to Acapulco for ANY reason and this Hotel is AT the airport - you walk right to it!!! Very classy - they even give you hotel slippers which I of course took with me.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
weston-s-mare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

i stayed here a few times, first was during the flu outbreak in 2009 or whenever it was, this is a great location right opposite the airport which was perfect for me as i was only looking for a stopover hotel and to spend an evening with someone i knew locally, i had dinner in the hotel too which was not bad and the sweet was amazing! the hotel is a little larger than i like and getting around it was a bit of a trek (although i was totally smashed so that didnt help), the room was clean and i slept really well for the 3 or so hours i had before i needed to be up for a flight to bogota, the bathroom was nice too, very spacious.all in all it is good value and a good location if you are just passing through the city

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Chihuahua
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

This is the typical example of a hotel where you just want to spend the night and be on your way. And for that, it accomplish its' function. Located just across the street in Mexico City Terminal 1, I would recommend better the NH or the Hilton, that even smaller rooms and overprice has an excellent service and cleanliness.
I found some hairs in the tub, and a pile of dishes outside the door of my room, made me a hard way getting inside with all my luggage. But the room are cozy, and bed comfortable. And for the 4 hrs I could be there to catch the next plane, it served me well.

• Stayed October 2012
Louisville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed one night at Camino Real Aeropuerto. The lobby looked comfortable. Check in was problematic. We showed our confirmation on our smart phone. When we checked out, it turns out we were never actually checked in!

Our room was located in the far reaches of the hotel. The hallway was very dimly lit. Our room was clean and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable.

There are three restaurants: Mexican, international, and a steak house. We ate at the international restaurant. The food was average. Breakfast is a buffet and is included.

WiFi is available. however, we were so far from the reception, we could not access any signal. We had to walk to the lobby area to get a signal.

The best thing about the hotel is its location. We simply rolled our suitcases into the airport from the lobby!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

An Ok Hotel, very handy, close to the airport especially when you have an early morning flight.
Unfortunately not much info given at the front desk as to how to access the internet and also very little informatoin about the hotel itself. Looked though the room for somehting but only a room service menu. I guess they expect you to view it through the web but if cannot connect....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I booked a room there but later I had to cancel the reservation. The hotel gave me reservation number but a week later I still was charged for the room. No one took responsibility, not even the manager. They just say: " it is what it is" . The worst part is that there is not head quarters in USA to complain.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Lebanon, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

The hotel room was nice and clean and just right for catching a few winks before departing early in the morning from the airport. Amazingly quiet for being next to the airport and Mexico City traffic. Catwalk straight from hotel to airport terminal 1.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Camino Real Aeropuerto? Share your experiences!