“A fantastic Italian in Mexico City” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #742 of 1,836 Restaurants in Mexico City
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Eclectic
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Inspired by his italian origins, and sharing his experience of having worked in USA, Indonesia and Mexico, the chef offers pizzas, pastas and fusion food with great taste and creativity. Osteria 8 opens from Tuesday to Saturday, 1.30pm-11pm, and on Sundays, 1.30pm-8pm Accepts reservations and card payments.
London, United Kingdom
“A fantastic Italian in Mexico City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Words cannot describe how much my partner and I enjoyed eating at this little Italian restaurant. What a find!

When we first arrived, we nearly missed it and were the only ones there. However, I am pleased I overcame my usual attitude of not trying places when no-one else is in them as it would have been a regret! We enjoyed it so much we went twice during our 5 day stay in Mexico City.

The chef and his team were very attentive and their menu has some fantasic twists on the normal recipes (I would thoroughtly recommend the fig pizza with a wine jus). It is also very fairly priced.

A must try if you wish to deviate from Mexican food for an evening.

P.s. there is also a great little cuban bar around the corner from the restaurant which is a fantastic way to end the night.

• Visited December 2012

new york
“A Must Stop When in Mexico City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I travel all around the world, and when I find myself in Mexico City I make a point to come to Osteria Ochco for the friendly service, and excellent italian food (the pasta and pizza cant be beat in the area! try the pizza with the prosciutto). I have spent countless hours enjoying the coziness of this restaurant, (sure it could be a bit bigger but then as the owner said, there is not much he can do about it). I am not sure about the person who said they got sick from this place, probably ate something bad elsewhere, as I have seen the owner cook the pasta and pizza in his open kitchen and it all looks very hygenic to me! I wouldnt think twice about coming back next time I am in Mexico City!

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Simply the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Just returned from Mexico City. Had dinner 2 times at Osteria 8. One afernoon, pizza...the other pasta. Simply the best! Thank you, Stephen and Pati!

• Visited July 2012
“Excellent!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I just love this place... All the food and the wines.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Great pizzas, friendly owners, quirky ambience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Suffering from extreme jet-lag and a touch of altitude, we set off for Osteria 8 without any great expectations. If nothing else, we hoped the long drive through heavy traffic might help us sleep. On arrival, we were initially informed that there was no chance of a table without a reservation. However, our palpable dejection persuaded the owner's wife to take pity on us and she found us a table inside the restaurant on condition that we did not take too long over our meal! Serenaded by an unobtrusive street-guitarist and fortified by a couple of Victoria beers, our spirits lifted and we settled into a wonderful evening. Our pizzas, prepared by the owner (an italian- American from New York), were amongst the very best we have eaten. The service was exceptionally good and the owner and his wife were so attentive to our needs that by the time we left we felt like old friends. This is a tiny restaurant with a very big heart. We recommend it unreservedly.

• Visited February 2012