“Value for Money..” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Inn Insurgentes Sur

You added Fiesta Inn Insurgentes Sur to your Saves list
Fiesta Inn Insurgentes Sur
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Mercaderes No. 20 | Col. San Jose Insurgentes, Mexico City 03900, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #66 of 293 Hotels in Mexico City
Vancouver, Canada
“Value for Money..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Great hotel with well appointed rooms and excellent service. The hotel is well located and lots of places within walking distance. I stayed for about 10 days and the the service was excellent. The only issue was that the breakfast was damn expensive, given the ratio with the room cost. Lots of nearby places to eat, so did not care much about the hotel restaurant. The best part was the location of Starbucks in the lobby….a great advantage to all coffee lovers. Lot's of room in the lobby to mix around with friends. Love this place and will be surely here during my next visit to this great city.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Emmanuel P, Director General at Fiesta Inn Insurgentes Sur, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Mr Shri M,

Thank you very much for your comments its a pleasure know that your stay was incredible,
I hope see you back soon in this your house

Best Regards
General Manger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Good Points
Spotlessly clean rooms and very comfortable beds
Wifi connection in my room very good
Huge shower
Bad Points
Virtually no soundproofing in bedrooms .. can hear EVERYTHING going on around. Hardly got one nights good sleep.
Restaurant not the best but lots of nice places not too far away and Starbucks right next to lobby is great.
Horrible energy saving bulbs in the bathroom and shower. vey dingy and dreary ! At least use Halogen bulbs in these areas !

Room Tip: Not sure if there are quieter rooms but those opposite the gym 116 and 117 must be very noisy.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Composer 62,

Thank you very much for your comments about bed, shower and WIFI connection.
We are truly sorry to know that you stay with us wasn't 100% satisfying. And we are taking note of your comments to improve in the near future.

Best Regards
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for 10 nights. Location is decent and feels safe. Hotel is very clean and rooms are spacious. This is definitely a western-style hotel and has all the amenities. There is great space to work in the lobby but it does get pretty loud. Internet is pretty slow but decent to send emails and do basic surfing. Workout room is small but was surprised they actually had one. Although not near "touristy" areas, cabs are pretty cheap so not a big deal.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Emmanuel P, Gerente at Fiesta Inn Insurgentes Sur, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Caxap01,

We are glad to read your comments in the TripAdvisor site, and regarding the wifi service we are working to improve this service and in June you will notice the benefits of it.

We hope to see you soon in the future.

Monroe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I stayed two nights on a recent business trip. The hotel was clean and comfortable, with great beds and a large shower and bathroom. Internet was free and fast and the breakfast was fantastic, including a chef on hand to cook custom omelets. Overall, I was very satisfied with this hotel and will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Emmanuel P, Gerente at Fiesta Inn Insurgentes Sur, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Mr. Carl C,

We appreciate the time taken to leave your comments at the TripAdvisor site, we are glad to read that your stay was fully enjoyable and we hope to have the opportunity of see you soon in Mexico City.

Best Regards from all the Fiesta Inn staff.

Navi Mumbai, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for 5 days. The location is good and the staff are helpful.
However, the service is slow. There was a problem with my intercom and I called the front desk but they never showed up inspite of several calls. The breakfast is OK but not much of a choice. Even for the laundry we need to follow up and check if its ready. Not bad and I guess they could certainly improve on the food and service.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Emmanuel P, Gerente at Fiesta Inn Insurgentes Sur, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear RuchiraJackson,

We appreciate your comments, thank you for given us the opportunity of receive you in Mexico City.

I am taking note of the details in the response of requeriments and I can asure you than we are already working on the menu options and buffets, hoping if you visit us in June you can see the improve on this service.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

This hotel is located very near our Mexico City office and we use it for that reason. Here is what I like about the hotel:

• The staff at the front desk speaks English well.
• The breakfast was very good.
• The bathroom in my room was very modern and the shower was large.
• My room was large and equipped with a safe.
• I felt very safe in and around the hotel.

However, for me, there were some issues with the hotel and, while I would stay again because it is a quick walk to the office, I would prefer another hotel:

• It is about 40 minutes away from the historical city center, Reforma or Polanco - the areas that most people probably want to visit.
• The hotel is not really oriented to business travelers. The wifi is terrible – very slow, minimal capacity, and difficult to keep a connection. I couldn’t send email, couldn’t access internet sites, couldn’t upload and download documents, was constantly having to log off and then on again because I kept losing my connection. There also seems to be minimal soundproofing – I could hear everything in the room next door to me, in the hallway – where there seemed to be banging, and outside the hotel.
• While the room was large, it was also “no frills” and just not very comfortable.

I did feel safe in the hotel and did feel that the area is safe. There are certainly restaurants and shopping on Insurgentes Sur. However, when traveling on business, I would prefer additional amenities, comfort and a reliable wifi connection.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Emmanuel P, Gerente at Fiesta Inn Insurgentes Sur, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Mr. SeeingTheWordFromORD

We appreciate the time taken to answer on the TripAdvisor Site, your comments are very important to us and of course you can be sure that we listen at all you have to say.

I am glad to read that we are a good option on your visits to Mexico City and about the wifi services we are already working on it and hoping in your next stay you can see the difference, we will be glad to hear from you.

Best Regards from all the staff!

Sao Paulo, SP
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Beside the fact that my reservation was made wrong, and because of that I got charged for a “no show” that didn´t exist and also lost my reservation, I will try to forget this bad experience to evaluate the hotel. I will do so, because after some days trying do understand the reason for all the mess, I figured out that the mistake came from my travelling agency. So, forgetting this first impression not their fault, I ended up in a room for smokers, which was the only available at that moment. It was really disgusting since my way out from the elevator. The whole floor smells bad, with a mix of smoke and dusty. Really awful. I couldn´t wait to see the next day to move to another hotel. The room was poor, the bad not confortable at all, the toilet was in a small room just for it, I had trouble to open the sink hole, the shower was terrible, with an insufficient water flow. The towers didn´t pass any clean felling either. Next morning, the breakfast was ok. Much better than what the rest of the hotel was presenting. So I just left to work wondering what should I do. With no time to look for another hotel, decide to continue there. Getting to the hotel at night, I received a call asking is I want to move to a no smoke room, what I did. The cleaning of the bedroom was better, the smell no way even to compare, but all the rest was pretty the same. To be honest with my review, I have to congratulate the hotel for its staff. The people were all very nice and tried to do everything at their power to help with my experience.

Room Tip: can´t tell
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Emmanuel P, Manager at Fiesta Inn Insurgentes Sur, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Mr. Nogueihe,

We appreciate your comments on the TripAdvisor site, fist of all my apologize for the smoking room inconvenience, we are working on this kind of situations to eliminate this problem as soon as possible.

It´s good to read that the staff was always on the best availability to assist you and that is exactly what we are looking as a brand.

We hope to have soon the opportunity of see you in Mexico city, we will be glad to offer you a better guest experience with us.

Emmanuel P

Been to Fiesta Inn Insurgentes Sur? Share your experiences!