“Good for business trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Inn Insurgentes Sur

You added Fiesta Inn Insurgentes Sur to your Saves list
Fiesta Inn Insurgentes Sur
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Mercaderes No. 20 | Col. San Jose Insurgentes, Mexico City 03900, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #62 of 289 Hotels in Mexico City
Nashville, Tennessee
“Good for business trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for 10 nights. Location is decent and feels safe. Hotel is very clean and rooms are spacious. This is definitely a western-style hotel and has all the amenities. There is great space to work in the lobby but it does get pretty loud. Internet is pretty slow but decent to send emails and do basic surfing. Workout room is small but was surprised they actually had one. Although not near "touristy" areas, cabs are pretty cheap so not a big deal.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Emmanuel P, Gerente at Fiesta Inn Insurgentes Sur, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Caxap01,

We are glad to read your comments in the TripAdvisor site, and regarding the wifi service we are working to improve this service and in June you will notice the benefits of it.

We hope to see you soon in the future.

Emmanuel P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Monroe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I stayed two nights on a recent business trip. The hotel was clean and comfortable, with great beds and a large shower and bathroom. Internet was free and fast and the breakfast was fantastic, including a chef on hand to cook custom omelets. Overall, I was very satisfied with this hotel and will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Emmanuel P, Gerente at Fiesta Inn Insurgentes Sur, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Mr. Carl C,

We appreciate the time taken to leave your comments at the TripAdvisor site, we are glad to read that your stay was fully enjoyable and we hope to have the opportunity of see you soon in Mexico City.

Best Regards from all the Fiesta Inn staff.

Navi Mumbai, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for 5 days. The location is good and the staff are helpful.
However, the service is slow. There was a problem with my intercom and I called the front desk but they never showed up inspite of several calls. The breakfast is OK but not much of a choice. Even for the laundry we need to follow up and check if its ready. Not bad and I guess they could certainly improve on the food and service.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Emmanuel P, Gerente at Fiesta Inn Insurgentes Sur, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear RuchiraJackson,

We appreciate your comments, thank you for given us the opportunity of receive you in Mexico City.

I am taking note of the details in the response of requeriments and I can asure you than we are already working on the menu options and buffets, hoping if you visit us in June you can see the improve on this service.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

This hotel is located very near our Mexico City office and we use it for that reason. Here is what I like about the hotel:

• The staff at the front desk speaks English well.
• The breakfast was very good.
• The bathroom in my room was very modern and the shower was large.
• My room was large and equipped with a safe.
• I felt very safe in and around the hotel.

However, for me, there were some issues with the hotel and, while I would stay again because it is a quick walk to the office, I would prefer another hotel:

• It is about 40 minutes away from the historical city center, Reforma or Polanco - the areas that most people probably want to visit.
• The hotel is not really oriented to business travelers. The wifi is terrible – very slow, minimal capacity, and difficult to keep a connection. I couldn’t send email, couldn’t access internet sites, couldn’t upload and download documents, was constantly having to log off and then on again because I kept losing my connection. There also seems to be minimal soundproofing – I could hear everything in the room next door to me, in the hallway – where there seemed to be banging, and outside the hotel.
• While the room was large, it was also “no frills” and just not very comfortable.

I did feel safe in the hotel and did feel that the area is safe. There are certainly restaurants and shopping on Insurgentes Sur. However, when traveling on business, I would prefer additional amenities, comfort and a reliable wifi connection.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Emmanuel P, Gerente at Fiesta Inn Insurgentes Sur, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Mr. SeeingTheWordFromORD

We appreciate the time taken to answer on the TripAdvisor Site, your comments are very important to us and of course you can be sure that we listen at all you have to say.

I am glad to read that we are a good option on your visits to Mexico City and about the wifi services we are already working on it and hoping in your next stay you can see the difference, we will be glad to hear from you.

Best Regards from all the staff!

Sao Paulo, SP
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Beside the fact that my reservation was made wrong, and because of that I got charged for a “no show” that didn´t exist and also lost my reservation, I will try to forget this bad experience to evaluate the hotel. I will do so, because after some days trying do understand the reason for all the mess, I figured out that the mistake came from my travelling agency. So, forgetting this first impression not their fault, I ended up in a room for smokers, which was the only available at that moment. It was really disgusting since my way out from the elevator. The whole floor smells bad, with a mix of smoke and dusty. Really awful. I couldn´t wait to see the next day to move to another hotel. The room was poor, the bad not confortable at all, the toilet was in a small room just for it, I had trouble to open the sink hole, the shower was terrible, with an insufficient water flow. The towers didn´t pass any clean felling either. Next morning, the breakfast was ok. Much better than what the rest of the hotel was presenting. So I just left to work wondering what should I do. With no time to look for another hotel, decide to continue there. Getting to the hotel at night, I received a call asking is I want to move to a no smoke room, what I did. The cleaning of the bedroom was better, the smell no way even to compare, but all the rest was pretty the same. To be honest with my review, I have to congratulate the hotel for its staff. The people were all very nice and tried to do everything at their power to help with my experience.

Room Tip: can´t tell
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Emmanuel P, Manager at Fiesta Inn Insurgentes Sur, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Mr. Nogueihe,

We appreciate your comments on the TripAdvisor site, fist of all my apologize for the smoking room inconvenience, we are working on this kind of situations to eliminate this problem as soon as possible.

It´s good to read that the staff was always on the best availability to assist you and that is exactly what we are looking as a brand.

We hope to have soon the opportunity of see you in Mexico city, we will be glad to offer you a better guest experience with us.

Kingsley, Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I stayed 11 nights in February, and would not hesitate to recommend it for a business or weekend stay. For me, it was a 10 minute walk to the office.
The room was spotlessly clean, comfortable, spacious and functional, bathroom also well appointed and had a very roomy shower. Plenty of power points, good sized TV. Bed was large, comfy and I slept every night soundly without noisy neighbours or traffic noise. The bedlinens were changed frequently. All the staff were friendly and helpful, could not really fault it.
The restaurant was better than OK, though I normally ate out, the Starbucks downstairs was handy. There is a vast array of restaurants and cafes nearby.
Wifi was free and functioned without dropouts.

The only real downside was regarding the taxis. First, any taxi the hotel brings you will overcharge you - fix the fee before you start off and negotiate down. They charge a standard 100 pesos for 20 or 30 peso trips - robbery!! It is a 10 second walk to a taxi rank, so finding your own cab is easy.
Second, hardly any city taxi drivers have heard of this hotel and you may be taken to the other Fiesta Inn on Insurgentes Sur, further north. So take a small map around with you to show the taxi driver exactly where it is.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Daib17,

Thank you for answer the TripAdvisor service quiz, we are really glad to read that the Hotel satisfy your expectations and of course we count on you as a guest in your next visit to Mexico City.

Of course we will verify the Taxi service here in the hotel and we understand that sometimes the confuse the Hotels in the Insurgentes avenue and this problem will be solved soon in the future.

Best Regards from all the Fiesta Inn Insurgentes Sur staff!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I have stayed at the Fiesta Inn in Insurgentes Sur three or four times. It has always been a good, no-frills hotel with all the facilities required for a business trip. Rooms are clean, reasonably quiet and the service is attentive and smooth.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Luis W,

Thank you for your comments, it is really a pleasure to read this comments.

We hope to see you here in your next visit to Mexico City.

Emmanuel P

Been to Fiesta Inn Insurgentes Sur? Share your experiences!