“This is a must in Mexico DF..Passion is a word to describe it” 5 of 5 stars

55 3300-3999
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Dulce Patria en Las Alcobas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 1,746 restaurants in Mexico City
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Presidente Masarik y Emilio Castelar
Cancun, Mexico
“This is a must in Mexico DF..Passion is a word to describe it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a very exciting restaurant. From the different Aguas or Juices, to the Bread to the appetizers and main courses, and also the end..with unforgettable dessert experiences.
Its hard to describe the colors of every dish, the flavor, and the sense in your mouth...Service could be improved specially in the serving tempos, but in general great attitude from staff.

• Visited July 2013

84% Recommend
Los Angeles, California
“disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Was disappointed by the food and service. First off, the food was not delicious (just decent) but for those prices in mexico I could have eaten 10x at more tasty food stands. Quesadilla was okay, ant larvae was bland, pork medallion was a great portion but again bland and nothing special. As for the service, it was unprofessional for this type of supposed fine dining. There was our main waiter who took our order and never to be seen again rest of the night ( no check ups, nothing). And what really bothered me was they constantly tried to clear our food and cocktails before I was done with it (mind you the restaurant was only at about 30% capacity from what I could see so I didn't understand the rush). When I did finish my entree they took away my half glass full margarita as well, I noticed it missing too late and was quite disappointed because I was saving some of it for dessert. They also had a tendency to lean\reach over and across the table over plated food. Overall this place is without a doubt overrated and the service is poor. Don't go, its not worth your time or money here!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“EXCELENT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

The service is great!!! and the food is magnificent!!! They think of every single detail!!! Is definitely a MUST-GO while in Mexico city. The Chef takes all kinds of regular mexican meals to our contemporary and modern days and life style. I should warn you, if you are a smoker, reserve the terrace in advance since is always full!!!

Visited June 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Posh Mexican Food at its Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This may have been the best Mexican meal I've ever eaten!

I really love Mexican food and was delighted to have Dulce Patria recommended during a recent business trip to Mexico City. There were four of us in the party - all men. We were quickly seated even though we didn't have a reservation.

The atmosphere inside was not what I was expecting. There is a mild "pink" glow which gives the place a somewhat romantic feel.

The food was excellent. We had a selection of starters. I'd recommend asking the servers for advice on the menus, as it's really quite eclectic. My main course was duck in a dark bean and chocolate sauce - quite original and bursting with flavor.

I also appreciated the good selection of beer - I had the Baja Stout (rather good). I'll certainly try to come again the next time I'm in Mexico

• Visited June 2013
Mexico City, Mexico
“Extraordinary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

If someone is looking for a great culinary experience at a Mexican Haute cuisine, this is the place. The flavors and presentation of dishes are uniquely original not to be experienced at any other restaurant. Chef and Owner Martha Ortiz is always at the front of the kitchen and floor. Highly recommended.

• Visited February 2013