“Artistic, inventive and original.” 4 of 5 stars

55 3300-3999
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Dulce Patria en Las Alcobas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 1,783 restaurants in Mexico City
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Presidente Masarik y Emilio Castelar
Mexico City, Mexico
“Artistic, inventive and original.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I love the presentation and flavors of every plate. It's art in a plate.

The tamarindo margarita, or the chammoy margarita are beautiful and really tasty. I like the esquite (corn). The desserts are inventive. It's a fun place. The owner is there all the time, that's good.
This restaurant has the potential to be excellent anywhere in the world. It's the best for a high end dinner right now in Mexico City. It's hot.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
New York City, New York
“Never had a joyful firedance fish? Then you must go to Dulce Patria!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

After two days of traditional Mexican food, we were ready for lighter, more contemporary fare. The concierge at our hotel recommended DP, and we were pleasantly surprised. The restaurant obviously delights in paying attention to detail: from the clean white walls and mood lighting to the dramatic food presentation, each dish a miniature architectural wonder. Best of all, the tastes. We tried black corn tamal, salmon tostadas, a surprisingly light mole broth, the aforementioned fish, and finally, a dessert named Nothing lasts forever. (It was hard to pass up the intriguingly named Maria goes back to the flower shop, and we couldn't choose between two teas named I loveth thee and I adoreth thee, so ended up having both).

Now if they'd only open a branch in our hometown of NYC..

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Very creative and fun food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I really enjoyed the atmosphere, presentation and the food. It was a light meal with a yummy black margarita with volcanic salt rock!

Visited November 2012
Mexico City, Mexico
“Original flavors beautifully presented”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I had my first visit this last weekend after hearing several recommendations from family & friends. I had high expectations and was not disappointed. I am Mexican and love Mexican cuisine, I must say I DON’T consider Dulce Patria as having your regular traditional cuisine, if you are looking for your regular Mexican restaurant, this isn’t it. But if you are willing to try some unique & very special Mexican dishes, please give this restaurant a try. The food is quite expensive, and the portions are small, but I think it was completely worth it when I had the most delicious ceviche I had ever tasted. I would definitely go back soon. They have a regular menu and a monthly special menu. The service is very attentive and they would gladly and fully explain every dish you ask about. Some of the staff speaks English. Head Chef Martha Ortiz goes around the tables checking everything is to full liking and asking for suggestions.
My mother did not like her “special hen soup” (November menu) and the Chef seem to genuinely listen to her complaints and suggestions. They offered to change the dish but my mom just wanted the next course, so they gave us 2 complimentary delicious desserts (which I wouldn’t have tried otherwise since I hardly order dessert)
I had esquites (Mexican corn broth with lime and chili), black ceviche (a November special) with mandarin and black zapote wich is one of the best things I ever had!, duck in black Oaxacan mole (perfect, but it is an aquired taste since it has many spices and flavors) and for desert mamey cream brule and also vanilla coconut flan which I loved.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mexico City
“Foreign Community Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is to all foreign visitors to Mexico City.
The food in this restaurant is good, but it really isn't the best-of-breed Mexican cuisine, in relation to what you are paying for, that is. Dulce Patria is like a fancy and expensive 'fonda' (fonda = small local restaurant with daily menu). In general, flavours are not balanced, there is an abuse of spice and extreme tastes... all of which could be found in less expensive restaurants. From a high-end restaurant it is expected a certain innovation edge, or more refined cooking; none present here at Dulce Patria. It is definitely a restaurant for tourists wanting to try local (highly overpriced) meals.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this restaurant lacks quality or hygiene, I'm saying that the cost-value relationship leans a lot more to the 'cost' side. If you want to try Mexican taste with a twist and exquisite craftsmanship consider Quintonil or Pujol (both in the same district -Polanco- as Dulce Patria).

• Visited August 2012