“Good Indian Food in DF” 4 of 5 stars

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Houston, Texas
“Good Indian Food in DF”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have been to Dawat twice and have enjoyed it both times. I like Indian food a lot, and I think the food quality is good, but portion sizes are a little small. Last night we had the chicken tikka masala (one of my favorites) and a spicy lamb dish, along with the lentils (which I love). When combined with the lemon rice and some naan it was a very good dinner. The restaurant is very small and a bit out of the way for the Polanco area. The service was friendly and very good (but we were the only patrons for a while.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Mexico
“Best Indian in Mexico”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

This place has great food (but pricey for portion size). You will not find a better Indian restaurant in Mexico. The restaurant itself is very smile and the service is not the best but you cannot go wrong with the food.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“HORRIBLE FOOD AND OVERPRICED!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

The restaurant is really overpriced and the food is absolutely the worst I have ever had! The ambiance is not much to speak of either. We ordered chicken biryani, karhai and tandoori chicken. It would be very difficult for me to rank which of the three dishes was the worst! I have a hard time believing that someone who cooks so poorly would be hired to be a chef of one of the few Indian restaurants in Mexico city. Save your time and money and dine elsewhere!

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, IL
“Good Indian food in Mexico City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

My wife and I went to Dawat to try their Indian food and were pleasantly surprised with the meal. We have a couple of appetizers that were great and I had the chicken marsala while my wife had a lamb plate. My dish was quite tasty and the roti and nann bread was good as well.

We had both rice with lemon and rice with vegetables and both were really good. We finished off the meal with Indian tea, which was also quite tasty.

Overall, we were pleased with the meal. The amount of the bill was a bit pricey, but I guess it is worth it for a special occassion.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Poor reception and service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

Took a while to locate the resturant, having finally reached the place, the first impression was they were not at all welcoming. We decided to carry on and have a meal anyways, as we were craving for an Indian meal, having been in Mexico for 1 week without one. Recived the food menu and enquired if they had a wine list. we were presented with a drinks menu but had no wine listed on the menu. We asked if they serve any wine, and we're presented with a few choice of bottles. We enquired what was the price of the bottles, and the prices were churned out of the top of the waiters head.

The price was USD40 for the cheapest wine, having looked at the prices on the food menu which seemed high considering the profile of restaurant. As we were not impressed with the intilal reception we decided not to dine at this restaurant.

Walked approx 2 minutes from the resturant and found a very good Italian resturant. Pricy but well worth the service and food.

• Visited April 2012