“酒店性价比很高” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hostal B&B Dos Fridas y Diego

You added Hostal B&B Dos Fridas y Diego to your Saves list
Hostal B&B Dos Fridas y Diego
Rio Tigris # 128 | Entre calle Río Lerma y Río Panuco,estamos justo detrás del la Embajada Americana en Paseo de la Reforma, Mexico City 06600, Mexico   |
“酒店性价比很高”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

酒店便宜,干净,早饭不错。但是靠街边房子较吵闹。老板和老板娘不太一致。老板说我们提前走,可以告诉老板娘准备早餐。可我们和老板娘说的时候,她断然否决。晚上想用热水泡面,老板娘说厨房是私人空间不让用。cheap,clean but noise near the street. Breakfast is wonderful. Boss is very nice.But service of the boss wife is not good. At 10 pm, we want to drink some hot water, but the wife of boss don't allow us to use kitchen.the boss told us if we leave hotel early, we could tell his wife to prepare breakfast.but when we asked his wife, she said no.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Having travelled on from Mexico City and meeting/speaking to other travellers at our hostels I was SO glad that we chose to stay here. It seemed that everyone we met who stayed in the hostels north of, or near, the Zocalo had a vastly different experience of Mexico City. Everyone I spoke to, and I really do mean everyone, who stayed in hostels up near the Zocalo really disliked Mexico City whereas I absolutely fell in love with the place.

Dos Fridas is in a great position in one of the wealthier areas of the city. It's right behind Avenida Reforma and maybe only 200 metres from the Independence Angel. It's a super safe neighborhood with tree-lined streets and very close to banks, embassies, cafes, bars and restaurants (including a great vegetarian/vegan restaurant which we frequented called Yug).

This side of the city is gorgeous - the streets are lined with giant, shady trees and every which way you look there's another piece of public art or an amazing public square complete with fountain and stunning vegetation. If you don't mind some exercise it's only a 30-minute walk to the Zocalo and roughly the same to the (very amazing) Anthropology Museum. Alternatively it's something like a 5 peso bus ride if you're feeling lazy.

As for Dos Fridas, it’s a small and very secure hostel run by the nicest family who really take care of all of their guests. On the second floor are private rooms while downstairs is the dorm room. There aren't many beds in this hostel so the party vibe doesn't really exist here but that was a positive for me and I still met a bunch of awesome people.

The bathrooms are immaculately clean and seem to be cleaned at multiple times throughout the day. There’s a small communal courtyard where breakfast is served and from all my travels this is the best hostel breakfast I've ever encountered. Every day the menu changes and we had such delicious breakfasts as homemade French toast, Chilaquiles (with eggs) and breakfast tamales, all served with your choice of coffee, tea or hot chocolate and fresh fruit.

For the price you really can’t beat this place and I highly, highly recommend that you stay here! I absolutely loved it and would be back in a flash if I return to DF.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

My 5 friends and I stayed here for 3 nights whilst in Mexico City. We had 3 people per room and shared a bathroom. We loved the colorful decor of the place, the delicious breakfasts (menu changes everyday!) and most of all, the staff. They were the first people we met on our trip to Mexico City and we are so glad to have met them.
I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone. Worth every penny!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Great breakfast, kitchen service and kind people. Be careful if you do the reservation by internet, we choose a room with bathroom but had none and had to pay the same anyway.
Also, we had a hard time trying to sleep at night with the screechy doors and noisy neighborhood. The door bell was pretty loud too

• Stayed November 2012
oxford UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed here for a short visit to Mexico City. The street the hostel is on has a lot of cafes and restaurants, especially at night, but it is not a party street. It is about a 20 min walk to my favorite artsy neighborhood, Condesa. It felt very safe and the staff were helpful, friendly, and responsive. The decor is nicely done and they do a simple cooked breakfast every morning. The wifi works well throughout the hostel. I found this was a good place to meet people who were on vacation but perhaps not the typical partying backpackers. This is a great place to stop to get oriented to Mexico and get tips on where to go/what to do. I would say the only downside was it was not sparkling clean (bathroom and towels). That said, I am admittedly picky on cleanliness. Most people would probably be very happy, especially for this price. I have stayed in many hostels in my own backpacking days and this is on the high end of cleanliness for sure, by hostel standards. I would stay again. Be warned they only take cash. There are ATMs nearby.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed in the Rio Tigris building of the hotel as the road is slightly quieter than the main building on Rio Lerma. From the pictures it seems the Lerma building has a bit more character than Tigris. Nevertheless, the room was big, clean but basic - as was the shared bathroom.
Breakfast was also very good - home cooked and something different each day.

The reason I'm only giving three stars is the staff spoke absolutely no English - and the location could be better. I know this sounds terrible and uncultured but my Spanish is very limited and communication regarding money was slow and involved a lot of hand gestures and writing things down. I would highly recommend you speak some good Spanish if you stay here.

The location isn't great. The area's v safe but it's about 15 minutes walk to the nearest metro station and another 15 minutes from there to the Zocalo. But it was nice to see parts of the Zona Rosa which we probably wouldn't have seen should we have stayed in the centre.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed here on and off for about 2 weeks in total, we loved the place and really enjoyed the breakfasts.

Great kitchen facilities and the ppl running it were top notch and helped us with anything we needed!

Woud definately reccommend it for couples etc.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Hostal B&B Dos Fridas y Diego? Share your experiences!