“A wonderful weekend trip away” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ciudad de Colima

Ciudad de Colima
522 Horacio (corner with La Martine) | Polanco, Mexico City, Mexico (Centro)
Improve this listing
Ranked #257 of 2,010 Restaurants in Mexico City
Cuisines: Dessert
Dining options: Delivery
Neighborhood: Centro
Mexico City, Mexico
“A wonderful weekend trip away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

If you want a feel for a Mexican city away from D.F., Colima is a wonderful reprise from the hustle and bustle of the capital.

Visited July 2013

Seattle, Washington
“Best and Biggest Tuna Sandwich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

This little place was brought to my attention by one of the staff members of the "Red Tree" House where I was staying. I wanted something light and quick and wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. Ricardo recommended Ciudad de Colima that was just across the street from where we were standing. I walked over and went in. The entire front was open to the street with tables outside if you wanted to sit. A little small inside but it was filled with all kinds of fruits and vegetables. I went up to the counter and looked at the menu on the wall. Since Ricardo had mentioned the "Tuna" sandwich, I ordered it and some "Fresh-Squeezed" Pineapple juice. I went and sat down at a table that was facing the street that had a wonderful view of the small park with a fountain across the street. My sandwich and juice arrived a few minutes later and I was blown away because there was this very big mixed salad on my platter. I had a few hesitations about eating the greens because of all that I heard about eating "Lettuce" in Mexico. Needless to say, the "Tuna" sandwich was just huge and had so many ingredients in it. I must say that it was the best "Tuna" sandwich that I have ever tasted. And the Pineapple juice was simply delicious. The salad was also very tasty. (I didn't even get sick after eating it). The cost was 130 Pesos or about $10.00 USA. Not bad for a meal.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mexico City, Mexico
“service has gone downhill since my last review”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

maybe I visited at the wrong time of day, but my most recent visit to the Ciudad de Colima was quite disappointing. I ordered juice and a sandwich to go, and although I remained standing in the register area no one bothered to tell me when my sandwich was ready. They weren't so busy that I was hidden, there were plenty of people running around, but the two people taking orders and running the register just looked right through me. When I finally walked over 5 feet to ask about the sandwich, they acted confused. I won't go back.

• Visited August 2013
Lisbon, Portugal
“Great Part of Staying in Polanco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Had a juice here everyday. Fresh and great service. Also offers delicious sandwiches and salads. Free wifi and casual seating outside.

Visited April 2013
Mexico City, Mexico
“This Is My Favorite Place For Fresh Fruit (Juices, Smoothies, Salads)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I always volunteer to go to the grocery store..but only because my favorite fruit smoothie store is right across the street!!

Ciudad de Colima is located right across the street from the Polanco metro and the Superama. This store was recommended to me by many, many friends. Everyone (including me, now) raves about their fresh fruits, juices, smoothies, salads and more.

There are two large menus hanging overhead. From these menus you can select a combo, pure juice, or juices with yogurt. Delish. All of the juices are squeezed several times a day and are fresh and safe to drink. They also have a little market inside where you can buy fruit, or sit down and eat a sandwich or enjoy a salad. As I was waiting for my smoothie to be prepared today, another guy asked me if I wanted to try his favorite: coconut, strawberry and passion fruit. It was awesome--a little sweet for me---but incredible nonetheless. I normally get strawberry, pineapple and banana!

In addition to having a few tables indoors, they also have outdoor seating.

The service is great and the fruit juice combos, smoothies and fruit are excellent. The price is low, and they offer delivery too!!

For more on my Mexico City favorites please visit: amovingstory.com