I stayed at this hostel a while ago and had a pretty awful experience. The female dorm was overcrowded and suffocating. There is a mezzanine dorm above the main floor and everything is open aired, therefore sounds are amplified; giving the impression of being in a summer camp dorm. For 2-3 days in a row, the water was cut off in all bathrooms for a few hours, both in the morning and at night. When commented upon this, the staff was indifferent at best. WARNING: An employee (who pretended to be a bakpacker), Marco Soto, seeks to take advantage of female travellers.
The only positive thing I can comment on is the location which is very central and close to main attractions and the metro. Would definately not stay there again neither would I recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hostel Regina is projected to be the only retro art-kitsch youth hostel in Mexico City. We have shared and private rooms, where local and foreign cultures and fused along with experiences and environments. The place is brand new, counts with 121 comfortable beds, private rooms, parquet floors, high ceilings and huge windows with balcony. We manage to make every room special, spacious and bright. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, HostelBookers and Tingo so you can book your Hostal Centro Historico Regina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal Centro Historico Regina Hotel Mexico City
- Hostal Centro Historico Regina Mexico City