“a take-away gem!” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Don Segundo
Medellin #27 | Roma Norte, Mexico City, Mexico (Roma Norte)
5207-0158
Neighborhood: Roma Norte
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
“a take-away gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

I came upon this place by accident.. was spending a couple of days in the city at a borrowed apartment a block away. I went searching for food and when I passed it the first time, thought "Why would I eat pizza in Mexico City?!". I walked around for awhile and by the time I passed it again, I realized I had been thinking about it all the while.. really wanted pizza.
Well, I ordered 2 slices: one prosciiutto, to which I asked them to add arugula, and a second with anchovy and green olive. Years ago, I worked at Al Forno in Providence RI, which is renowned for its thincrust woodoven pizzas.. so I am discriminating. Gabriel Boudin's simple slices did not disappoint.. in fact I felt they hovered close to perfection in their simplicity; a perfectly cracker-crisp thin crust, a thin slathering of sauce and a perfect balance of toppings. He puts great care into what he does in his little space with room for a fridge for drinks, a freezer and his ovens. There is a counter streetside to eat at, and he offers delivery.
If you have a craving for a really nice pizza in MExico City, search Don Segundo out in ROma Norte, just south of Calle Puebla.. ($15-$25 pese/slice, $130p for a calzone)

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere