“A very cosy and friendly experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Villa Condesa

You added Hotel Villa Condesa to your Saves list
Hotel Villa Condesa
3.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Colima 428 | Roma Norte, Cuauhtemoc, Distrito Federal, Mexico City 06700, Mexico (Centro)   |
Ranked #12 of 97 Mexico City B&B and Inns
Milan
“A very cosy and friendly experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I am in Mexico on vacation, and finding a hotel in Mexico City did not seem so easy since all the hotels had a lot of mixed reviews.
I am really happy I chose to stay at Villa Condesa.
On the whole the experience was really satisfactory.
Surely the things I appreciated most were the kindness and helpfulness of the staff - always available to help for anything - and the rooms that was spacious enough, clean and well furnished, with a simple style that suits me.
And the all building is amazing, I love how they have renovated and refurbished the villa.
Ah, and last but but not least, the bed is sooo comfortable! We had great sleeps that were fundamental after our long journey to get here from Italy.
Probably there is some room for improvement in a few things - namely breakfast, that is definitely high quality and very good, is not super rich in variety, and in the room the floor can be very noisy in some points when you walk on the wooden floor, and in the bathroom the water flow is a bit weak. And the lighting in the room should be a bit brighter, while now is too cold.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Washington DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This place has its pluses and minuses. First, it is rather nice to be in a more residential neighborhood that is quieter, but that has drawbacks also -- there are not many restaurants within just a few blocks and the metro stop is pretty far away (and the closest one is a nightmare). But I think I'd prefer here than the big hotel area. As for the hotel, it has a small restaurant and the food is pretty good. Breakfast is included and is quite good, and they have a free "happy hour" with wine around 6 pm. I ate dinner there twice due to bad weather and the menu is not extensive, but the quality is good. My room was adequate finally, but the AC is a real joke. It does virtually nothing, you can barely tell it is on. I'm not even sure it does anything at all. A floor fan would have probably been better. It was very hot in my room even though moderate outside, the rooms really retain heat, I guess due to not much ventilation. You cannot leave your windows open due to noise of all the people in the courtyard and lights that would shine in your room. Luckily, it got cool during the night (and was actually chilly in the morning when I was there in July) so I could sleep okay eventually but I wish the AC did something. The bed mattress wasn't bad, just a bit hard for me and the pillows were good. No complaints about the bathroom, either. My major problem was that I had booked months ahead of time a deluxe room on the second floor. When I arrived, without explanation, I was lead to a completely different room (the "executive" which is probably the worst room in the place). This room is up a very narrow winding metal staircase in a rear building. It is quite dangerous and I didn't want it and hadn't booked it. They had no idea iof I could have even used that room, I could have been elderly or disabled or something. As it was, I went back down and told them I hated that room and didn't want it (I was NEVER given an explanation as to what happened to my reservation) and would have to move. Luckily, the type of room I had originally reservered was available after one day, but I had to pack up and move my stuff. They did not apologize or offer anything in compensation for the inconvenience (like comping a free dinner). What was really bad was they were dishonest by not telling me what had happened and asking me what room I would prefer that night and explaining the problem--they just led me up there without any notice as to what was happening, hoping I wouldn't complain I suppose. I had to request to be moved to the proper room ASAP. I suppose they thought they could get away with palming that room off on me for my whole stay as I bet no one hardly wants it (it is horrible). Oh, the AC in that room was totally broken, also (the AC in the room I eventually moved to supposedly worked but did nothing). And it had a kitchenette but they provided virtually nothing -- not a single piece of "silverware". They did provide one cup and a plate, I think. I didn't want it but anyone wanting a kitchenette would have no utensils. So that is my main complaint, switching my room with no explanation and not being honest about it and forthright. Secondly, there were two very loud children in this hotel most of my stay, toddlers, who made a lot of noise and ran around and screamed a lot in the food area (one of them starting screaming all over the place around 10 pm one night). One evening they went on for hours and I had to leave the hotel and not eat there, when I had wanted to, due to them. They claim children under 12 are not allowed on their website and correspondence, but this isn't true, I don't know why they allow some to stay, but they have children there sometimes and they can be noisy. I saw at least 3 children when I was there, although one was probably more around age 10 and no problem. In prior reviews, one person even talks about their 5 year old being there. This is a small B&B and noise goes all over. The final thing is there is a neighbor in an apt with a very loud yapping/whining/barking dog that starts around 7 am and goes for 2 hours and also starts again at night sometimes. This is right next to that top floor "executive" room but I could hear that dog even when moved to the other building. The staff were generally nice, however, there were a couple young women working in the front desk who were nice, as was the waiter at breakfast time. You will have a fairly good stay at this place if you are lucky and you get the room you want, and you don't care about AC.

Room Tip: Do not book a room in the rear building if you can help it, especially the "executive" roo...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We had a really great stay at this Hotel based in Condesa, the premises are safe and the staff are friendly and helpful with 24 hour reception. We both had bad jet lag from a long haul flight and we were originally allocated to room 4, close to the cafe and due to noise we asked if we could be moved to a room facing the outside which was much better, this was not a problem for the staff and was a easy transition. The breakfasts were outstanding and so tasty. Clean and comfortable beds along with nicely updated rooms, I will stay at Villa Condesa again. Thank you.

Stayed July 2014
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This old mexican house restored with old fashion style is a very confortable and welcoming place. Having a peacefull place to sleep and enjoying chilling out on privative terrace makes this hotel outstanding. All the people (even landlords) are dedicated to your wellness.

This hotel is also very well located at the border between Roma Norte and Condesa. Possibility to rent bikes in order to enjoy open ride of Mexico City on Sunday (Cycloton)

Room Tip: The door of the kitchen is always open ! If you like to cook, you may share some good cooking recipe...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I stayed at Hotel Villa Condesa during a solo weekend getaway and was absolutely charmed. It is located in beautiful, safe Condesa. Hidden behind a large metal gate, it is an oasis after experiencing the chaos of the city. The decor is a beautiful mix of modern and Mexican antiques, no detail is spared and fresh flowers abound. The price of the room includes breakfast (very good). The restaurant is open all day and though the menu is small, it is very appealing. The dining area is in a courtyard filled with plants and a pond. Service is discrete and pleasant.
My room was a deluxe superior room on the second floor. Amenities are good, rooms are spacious, and I had a large balcony.
My only negative comment relates to the creaking floorboards. The walls and floors are not soundproof, so when someone gets up at 3 in the morning, you might hear sounds. The other guests were mostly business people and couples however, so that's the only noise I heard.
Overall though, a fantastic place.

Room Tip: I asked to be placed in a room on the upper floor to get more natural light.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Villa Condesa is a charming boutique hotel, with beautiful rooms and communal spaces carefully decorated to the last detail. Its location is excellent, in a nice, safe neighborhood, 10 mins walk from a metro station and the Bosque de Chapultepec. Our only complaint is that we found our room, located in the ground floor of the main house, a little small and dark. The staff were helpful and friendly. Overall a good choice for visiting the incredible city of Mexico.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I just stayed at this wonderful Little Hotel in Condesa and I had a wonderful experience, the hotel is so fantastic! Good rooms, good breakfast, good amenities, the decoration is so beautiful every little detail makes Villa Condesa a cozy place to stay.

The staff make me feel at home, they are so helpful and nice!!

Definitely I will come back soon!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Villa Condesa? Share your experiences!