“The Best Customer Service in Mexico D.F” 5 of 5 stars

Mision Zona Rosa Mexico City
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Napoles No. 62, Mexico City 06600, Mexico   |
Ranked #243 of 293 Hotels in Mexico City
Panama City, Panama
“The Best Customer Service in Mexico D.F”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

If you are looking for a comfy and excellently located hotel with a really kind customer service and you have a medium budget I really recomment to you this hotel. LOVELY STAFF, ALL OF THEM. specially Juan Jimenez and Pablo Romero.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Mazatlán, Sinaloa, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2014

No room service, run down, bed had someones hair, bathroom was ridiculously small and had to miss an important call because there was no one at the front desk for over 20 minutes.
Tv is terrible, only a few channels where visible
The internet was good and had no problem with water

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

...............let me begin by offering what the hotel does not have in the poorly cleaned rooms. My room had no wash cloths, hand towels, coffee maker, iron or refrigerator. If you plan to sleep in or cure a hangover, forget it. There is an elementary school in front of the hotel which means an obligatory wake-up call around 7:15 in the morning, and the walls are paper thin so that you can share your neighbors amorous evening and or arguments. The staff is plenty friendly, but lacking basic knowledge of their city and travelers basic needs. I was here on a strict working budget and got what i paid for, or a little less.................

Room Tip: ....i have a room facing the street, very noisy in the early morning. Ask for a room in the back of...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Eureka, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

My wife and I stayed 5 nights here visiting family nearby. We opted out of the breakfast option, as it was a bit pricey and hadn't gotten good reviews ($8-10/person per day in addition). Given the wonderful food within easy walking distance at half the price, that turned out to be a good decision. The best internet rate for this booking after taxes and such came to 733 pesos per day. They accepted a visa debit card. The staff was pleasant and showed us to our fifth floor room which was spacious.

During the rest of our stay the following problems surfaced:
-- In the light of day, the room rug was simply filthy...
-- There was a constant presence of an incredibly foul odor coming from the bathroom. It turned out that the shower drain was the source, and by covering the drain with the plastic sheet which came with our drinking glass we could eliminate that. Unfortunately it took us a couple days to figure that out.
-- One of our room keys (magnetic swipe), either my wife's or my own, required reprogramming every day for some strange reason. The desk staff gladly did this. It became a bit of a joke.
-- The elevator simply didn't work sporadically. Sadly, the day we left was one of those days. It's not much fun hauling luggage down 5 flights of narrow stairs. One of the desk staff helped us carry stuff down once he saw our problem.
-- The hair dryer in the bathroom never worked, but c'est la vie.
-- The bed was unbelievably hard. Imagine 2 inches of mattress on plywood. That's how it felt. I didn't check the actual construction, but I'm not exaggerating.

On the good side, the staff was pleasant, the internet worked well most of the time and there was a laundry right around the corner. Walking in the area was safe and interesting, with shopping and access to mass transit very nearby.

Would we stay here again? Sadly but truly, no. We had the good fortune to have input from a friend who suggested we stay at a different nearby hotel (think Camelot) which was much cleaner and functional with a better rate and breakfast included.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
México
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

This is an older property with a just ok maintenance.
The loation is good and safe.
The rates are cheap, but I rather staying somewhere else (like a city express, emporio, etc).
They have a neighbor that plays music very very loud every morning. I was in floor #9 and it was still very loud up there. That's probably the biggest issue why I wouldn't stay there ever again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2010

our overall impression of this hotel is that is good value for what you get...it is rather basic and ask for a room with view as some look into a concrete wall and ours lacked some space (though others seemed more spacious)...it has aircon which is great for the price.. it is clean and it is nice they provide bottled water...location is about two blocks from the main part of the Zona Rosa...the beds are a little hard if you're not used to this...staff were generally friendly and accommodating...and breakfast was rather basic...

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Appleton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

I took sort of an "Under the Tuscan Sun"/"Eat, Pray, Love" trip to Mexico on the verge of a very painful break-up. It was VERY last minute, so this was pretty much what I ended up with as hotels go. I was pleasantly surprised however. The hotel is very nice, staff is very accommodating, and the rooms and lobby were spotless. I was able to relax in the room when I wanted, and it served as a great "base" for tours and sights I chose to visit. As I'm fluent in Spanish, I had no trouble communicating with the staff...but when family called from the US and spoke in English, the desk staff were completely flummoxed. As I was alone, the staff was a bit baffled and kept asking when my husband and/or family would arrive. When I explained that I was alone, I noticed just a bit more attention---NOT negative by ANY stretch of the imagination...they seems to make sure I was in at night and constantly asked if I needed anything.

I was there with the intent of sightseeing tours, trying to duplicate the cultural experience I'd had during college some years before. When I asked about tours at the desk, they were full of options and did, in fact, direct me to the best out there. I was also near shopping and restaurants in the Zona Rosa...although I definitely prefer the sort of cart/street food and am luck to be blessed with a strong stomach.

My ONLY reminder would be to ask if breakfast is included in the price you pay. I was certain that it was...only to be billed after I ate. No big deal....the buffet was amazing, and it was very reasonable...but I might have ventured out for more comida del pueblo if I didn't think that breakfast was already bought and paid for.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

Been to Mision Zona Rosa Mexico City? Share your experiences!