“Excelent option in DF” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Novit

Save Saved
You added Hotel Novit to your Saves list
Hotel Novit
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Insurgentes Sur 635 | Napoles, Benito Juarez, Mexico City 03810, Mexico   |
Ranked #13 of 282 hotels in Mexico City
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Excelent option in DF”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

It is a very good option to stay in DF, due to localization and close facilities.
Novit is a new hotel, totally modern with:
- Good academy and swimming pool with jacuzy
- Confortable and clean room with modern style
- Very good bathroom
- All facilities working perfectly
- Good breakfast
Perfect to vacation and business

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
JUANJOSE E, General Manager at Hotel Novit, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide you feedback regarding our Hotel.

We are glad that you have enjoyed all facilities and amenities of the Hotel. Regarding to the breakfast, our chef try his best to serve the most delicious food every day.

Once again thank you for you stay and we hope to see you soon!

124 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Well located hotel in the centre of Mexico City. I disagree with the comments that the front deskstaff were unpleasant. I've found them to be charming. The room was very big and very clean. My only complaint was that the pool was a dark murky green. I would not put my head under the water. A good choice for a business hotel in a good location.

• Stayed June 2013
Jordi M, MKT Manager at Hotel Novit, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Guest, thank you very much for your comments, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Novit and hope to see you soon.

I would also like to let you know that we have a careful supervision of our pool, the reason that you could have noticed this color in the water is because it is illuminated with a light system which constantly changes color, possibly this is the reason It looks this color when you were there, however we will consider your feedback and make sure that everything is as you expect.

Again thank you very much and hope to have you soon at Hotel Novit
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is the second time I stayed in this Hotel. I was happy to see that they keep the same excellent quality in every aspect. The rooms and bathrooms are spotless, the A/C works perfectly. You dont hear any noise from outside the room. Every area is greatly kept, clean and beautiful. The Restaurant has an attached terrace that is soooo nice! They have live music some nights of the week. The food is just delicious! They have defenitely gourmet quality! Even simple things of the morning menu are really tasty. And better of all, the staff, every one of them, will make you feel pampered and right at home! I was telling them, that I feel sad to leave!!!Hotel Novit is definetely my Hotel in Mexico City!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Stayed here back in August of 2011, so this is late. However, very nice hotel, clean, comfortable. Had a quiet clean room with great AC (which is always hit or miss in hotels - AC I mean) And of course you need AC in August in Mexico City! Great breakfast space (indoor, and they have an outdoor patio with comfortable setting). All in all no complaints. Lobby bar is small, but they serve a decent drink. Breakfast food was as expected, meaning there are basic foods with a Mexican slant to them, fresh fruit, nice strong coffee. Very convenient to my convention a few blocks away. This was a nice oasis in an incredibly huge sprawling busy city. I recommend it especially if you are traveling without children, as it seems geared towards business/professionals.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This hotel met and exceeded my expectations during my stay. I just got back from visiting my wife's family in Mexico City and I had a blast. The city is so much fun and alive. Truly a remarkable experience. First off the hotel is in a great part of town. Very clean and safe so don't worry about that. My wife's cousin dropped us off and we took a hotel taxi back to the airport (About $20 USD) so we didn't get a chance to ride the metro/train or the bus.

The hotel is absolutely gorgeous. The lobby is fresh and inviting and the overall feel of the property is very well done. Our room was outstanding. I didn't think we were going to get good value for our room but we did. We had a king room and the bed was luxurious. The view was meh but who cares. The bathroom was very nice and the shower was very well done as well. I liked every aspect of our room and the wifi signal was strong and fast.

We were greeted very well during check-in. I was in a bit of a rush since we had been in Mexico a few days and my stomach was beginning to betray me. The food is so fresh, delicious and bursting with flavor that you want to try everything but ultimately you pay the price. I stayed there with my wife because we were there to see a concert at the World Trade Center which was a couple blocks away. After the show we went for drinks at the bar (a must here!) and our bartender made the best gin and tonic I've ever had and very good margarita for the missus. He chatted with us for a while about his favorite tequilas and was very nice to us.

The only mishap was when we ordered room service. A simple club sandwich. We ordered it at the bar and were told it would take 10 minutes to get to our room. We waited about 20 and called down check where it was. 10 minutes later it appeared! It was a good sandwich but not worth the 30 minute wait. If our stomachs were in better condition we would have had some tacos at one of the many street vendors outside but we were on shaky stomachs at that point. We slept like babies.

One thing I found in this hotel and that of Mexico in general is you get two types of customer service: warm or indifferent. I could say that the ladies behind the counter at the hotel could care less if a refrigerator dropped from the sky and buried me when I spoke to them during check-in or check-out. They did not ask if I enjoyed my stay or anything. They could be replaced with kiosks and no one would notice. On the other hand everyone else was awesome. From the doorman to the bartender.

Stay here if you're in the neighborhood. You'll be pleasantly surprised. And it is great value.

Room Tip: King Room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Fairly new hotel, with spacious rooms, neutral but modern furniture and very clean: loved it! Location is great too, as you are right in the middle of one of the key avenues. Right next to fashionable La Condesa area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I was staying in the Novit during a 5 days business trip. The room was clean and spacious, and really quite, though it was looking towards the street. I really loved the breakfast (lot of fresh fruits, which I love), service and staff was friendly and quick. Had dinner in the hotel's restaurant once, also really good.
The hotel has a nice little "patio" to have a drink or two. Internet in the room was free and the connection stable. I will def. come back for my next trip to Mexico City!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Novit? Share your experiences!