“Staff needs training but good option” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Novit

You added Hotel Novit to your Saves list
Hotel Novit
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Insurgentes Sur 635 | Napoles, Benito Juarez, Mexico City 03810, Mexico   |
Ranked #18 of 293 Hotels in Mexico City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Antonio, Texas
“Staff needs training but good option”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

This is a great business hotel, rooms look new and super clean. The only con I found it was at checking in which they warn you not to bring food or drinks from the outside since is not permitted... REALLY! Looks like is run by kids with this non sense.And when I explain them why not to do it, they got kind of rude.

Room Tip: Restaurant is ok, however you have hundreds of good options within a radius of 4 blocks.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Hi,

I chose this Hotel by reading the comments here on Expedia. Location is great, near everything "downtown" Mexico City.

Service at first was okay. Breakfast in the morning is a bit disorganized. No one told me I had continental breakfast and I had paid for the "upgrade". Once you order you have to wait or chase the waiter to get your breakfast.

DO NOT take a Taxi from this hotel. Expensive, bad service and no control when I asked how much it will be even if you give directions to the driver. Better take a taxi from other "sitio" a few blocks from the Hotel near the WTC.

Last day I forgot by mistake an expensive bottle of Whisky I was given during the trip. I talked first with 3 different people were supposed to "follow up" until I went back and spoke with a supervisor.

At the moment no one has replied to me and I am not staying in this Hotel any more. Choose other options near this corner.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Tortola
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Very well comunicated, the room was nice and quite despite the hotel been on a major avenue.
I had a great week. I had the need of medical asistance and they get a Doctor to my room propmtly, even though they don't have one on site.
The room was spacious, looks like new!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Guadalajara, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

price quality gives you an excelllent return, new rooms, staff very well trained and helpful, swiming pool gym very well kept and useful,
very well located for wtc
staff young and very proffesional and educated people
evrething neat and proper, good spot for bussiness or family trips

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This hotel was booked for my by the Latin American sales rep for my company. I went to Mexico to visit our customers to do training. When I worked for my previous company, I stayed at Holiday Inn Express on Calle Reforma. This is a new part of Mexico City for me. I spent 5 nights at the Hotel Novit. The Hotel Novit is only two blocks from the customer's office so it is very convenient. This hotel a couple of blocks from the World Trade Center, shopping and restaurants.

The Hotel Novit is fairly new and seems clean. My room was on the 1st floor and I didn't hear any noise from the street. My room was located on the side street. The bed was firm - I prefer softer - but I did sleep well. The bathroom had only a shower but it was big.

Not a lot of English speaking shows on TV - only BBC and CNN. I asked for room service - just guacamole and fruit and I had to ask 4 times what happened. An hour and half later, my order was delivered with no explanation. The food was good and fresh - just annoying to have to wait.

The internet was free and the connection was good. I don't like having to put the password back in after 24 hours but it is better than not being connected.

The buffet breakfast had everything I personally like to eat when I visit Mexico - chilequiles, Mexican scrabled eggs, shredded chicken in chile sauce, fresh fruit juice (not the canned or concentrated stuff), fresh fruits, yougart, Mexican hot chocolate. There were pastries, pancakes/waffles/french toast (depending on the day), cereals, cheese, cold cuts, sandwiches as well.

I left for the airport early in the morning and charged the taxi to my room. The driver was curteous and got me to the airport in about 20 minutes without traffic.

It is not a fancy hotel but clean and priced right for what it delivers. I will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

I have been working in Mexico City for the last year and the Novit is one of the best places I have stayed in. Location is good for World Trade Centre and surroundings. Rooms comfortable and quiet. Pool is a bonus.

• Stayed October 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

A very good hotel to stay at especially if you are in town for business. Bang in the center of a bustling business center, just get a little too empty after 7 pm!!

Rooms are very good. Only recommendation, don't take a room on the far ends of the property, the Wifi there is very week.

Staff great. Food above average. Price, I cut a great deal when I called in.

Room Tip: Higher floor, away from the main road & not too far out back. Sounds confusing, but you will und...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Novit? Share your experiences!