“Nice hotel + superb bar” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Santa Fe Mexico City

Save Saved
You added The Westin Santa Fe Mexico City to your Saves list
The Westin Santa Fe Mexico City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Javier Barros Sierra 540 | Lomas de Santa Fe, Mexico City 01210, Mexico   |
Special Rate
Free Room Upgrade
Ranked #16 of 284 Hotels in Mexico City
Crecy-la-Chapelle, France
“Nice hotel + superb bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

This is a hotel for business people.

Friendly staff and good service. If your business brings you to the Santa Fe area of Mexico City then the location is great, but do not use it if you want to visit the center of Mexico City.
They have a great open air bar on floor 11 (heated if the weather is rainy-cold). That bar is just great with a beautiful view over the city.

The nice bar brings up the negative point. Hotel management likes to rent out the bar for private functions (I can imagine that several people want to rent that place). For a business hotel, yes I do accept that if it is during the weekends. However one evening during the week the bar was closed for the hotel guests because a private function was going on.

That is simply unacceptable. Management should realize that the room price includes the common spaces and during the week they should give priority to the core customers being the business people!
This said I do recommend the hotel, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Andrea M, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Santa Fe Mexico City, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Mr. Creten22,

First of all thank you for choosing The Westin Santa Fe Mexico City, during your visit to the City and for taking the time to share with us your comments.

I would like to inform you that we received your comments during your last stay. These value comments about the private events at ELEVEN BAR , was analyzed by the areas involved.

We offer you our most sincerely apologies for the inconvenience it may caused you.

Please, if there is anything I can do for you do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards.
The Westin Santa Fe Mexico City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Sayreville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Great hotel, loved every bit of it. I stayed here for work and the location is perfect; there is a mall and bunch of restaurants nearby; its right across the Starbucks which is even better. The rooftop bar @ Westin is great place to relax and enjoy city views. Overall, I enjoyed the hotel - room was always nice and clean and the staff is great too.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Jazmin S, Manager at The Westin Santa Fe Mexico City, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Mr Hersh;

Thank you very much for sharing your comments regarding your recent experience at The Westin Santa Fe Mexico City.

We appreciate your comments about our service, facilities, rooms, Elen Bar, Staff and your preference!!

We look forward to welcome you again at The Westin Santa Fe and give you a wonderfull personal experience.

Monterrey, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

This hotel allows you to disconnect from stress, traffic and it helps take care of yourself with a great SPA.
Great buffet breakfast with different fruits, delicatessen, different type of bread, and your choice of different mexican style dishes or "a la carte" any style eggs, pancakes, etc.
Overall service is excellent and there is also the Central Central for an excellent distracting night with music, drinks and good food!

Room Tip: Not to close to the elevator is better (less noise)
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Jazmin S, Manager at The Westin Santa Fe Mexico City, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Mr Nava;

We appreciate your comments about our facilities, service and the buffet breakfast .

We look forward to welcome you again at The Westin Santa Fe and give you a wonderful personal experience, where you will enjoy our Heavenly SPA to relax.

The Westin Santa Fe
McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

I travel frequently to Mexico City and always make an effort to stay at the Westin Santa Fe. The hotel is lovely in a spare, modern way and has that great Westin scent - I think it's called white tea and aloe. There is interesting greenery in front of the hotel, and a very nice view over a forest of sorts in the back. Rooms are very comfortable and clean, with new furnishings (the hotel's less than four years old). Note that there really isn't much difference between SPG member floors and "standard" floors.

Staff is absolutely wonderful....amazingly attentive, friendly and polite, from the valets and bell boys to the front desk staff, concierge, housekeeping, and restaurant servers. After more than a dozen stays at the hotel in the last nine months I can tell you that my experience on each occasion has been fantastic. Just last week my room was lacking a few small amenities (body lotion, washcloth) and when I called housekeeping they politely delivered the products to my room within 5 minutes. However, later on that same day, while I was out, the Housekeeping Manager personally delivered some expensive Bulgari toiletries - and left his card and a thoughtful note - all this after having emailed me to apologize for the oversight, and asking me what sort of compensation he could provide for the inconvenience. I had replied that everything was fine, that he didn't need to do anything else, and yet the Manager still went the extra mile. THAT is customer service!

Other notes: the gym is very nice and well-appointed, and there is a very relaxing bar on the roof with a great view of Santa Fe. The hotel also offers a very delicious breakfadt buffet with a wide variety of food, including lovely little yoghurt parfaits. Dinner tends to be quiet as most guests frequent the lively restaurants right outside the hotel, but if you are looking to dine alone in a tranquil place, the Westin's Pizmini restaurant is a great choice.

In sum - love love love this place, don't stay anywhere else in Mexico City if I can help it.....but be warned, this hotel is extremely popular and frequently sells out - so book early if you can!

Stayed May 2014
Jazmin S, Manager at The Westin Santa Fe Mexico City, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Miss McLean,

We appreciate your comments about our service, facilities, rooms, Work Out, Staff and your preference!!

We have taken notes of your comments about the "SPG floors" and the little details with yours amenities, I can tell you that the Housekeeping departments is working to improve day by day to give to our guests the best renewal experience.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Except for that unsolicited 330am wake up call which ruined my sleep, I have to say the hotel was terrific, rooms were spacious and well designed, and the staff were very polite and helpful. The hotel itself is a little dark by design, so it could use more life, but that's not a problem for a business hotel, which this really is. Breakfast was also terrific ... restaurant on roof wasnt bad either. Well done, would stay again !!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Jazmin S, Manager at The Westin Santa Fe Mexico City, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear "Around917"

We appreciate your comments about our facilities, rooms, Eleven Bar, breakfast and our Staff.

However I would like to offer a sincere apology for the inconvenience about the wake up call, I can tell you that the Service Express department verify the incident.

Manchester, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Stayed here for a week while at a business event in the city. My office was 2 miles away which made the hotel very convenient. The location is great for access to many restaurants for the evening. The only downside is a far rise into the city center. The hotel was immaculate, the gym facilities on the top floor were great. Rooms are spacious, beds very comfortable and amenities very good. Staff was wonderful, especially the concierge staff and bell hops. breakfast was a nice spread but could use a bit more variety. Would definitely recommend and come back!

Room Tip: Go for a higher floor for the best view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Jazmin S, Manager at The Westin Santa Fe Mexico City, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Miss Sarah

We appreciate your comments about our facilities, rooms, Work Out and our Staff.

We have taken notes of your comments about the variety breakfast, I can tell you that the Food and Beverages departments is working to improve day by day to give to our guests the best renewal experience.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

I am a Westin member and love staying at their properties. I booked a beautiful large bedroom suite with a terrific view. When I opened the mini bar it had a chocolate half way eaten and an empty bacardi bottle. I called the front desk to complain.
The room was a corner unit with an amazing view. Was large and comfortable. I checked out after three days and as soon as I got to the airport I realized I had forgotten my iphone charger. I called the hotel and the lady at the front desk told me that they were sorry but there was nothing they could do because they didn't find it. I was very upset! ....
Maybe it was a bad trip but I have gone back to Mexico city a few times but has decided to try other hotels in the same area instead.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Jazmin S, Manager at The Westin Santa Fe Mexico City, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Miss Prida,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments regarding your last experience at The Westin Santa Fe Mexico City.

We appreciate your comments about our facilities and rooms.

However I would like to offer a sincere apology for the inconvenience you had. We regret that the experience at the hotel did not fill your expectations.

We have taken notes of your comments about the Mini Bar and the lost for his iphone charger, I can tell you that the Housekeeping and Lost & Found departments is working to improve day by day to give to our guests the best renewal experience.

We would like to ask for a second chance, allowing us to create an exclusive atmosphere for you.

Best Regards

Been to The Westin Santa Fe Mexico City? Share your experiences!