“Perfect hotel for business traveler” 5 of 5 stars

FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #5 of 293 Hotels in Mexico City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Maryland
“Perfect hotel for business traveler”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This hotel is right around the corner from the German Centre, which made it the perfect location. The service, decor, and food is all top-notch. The employees go out of their way to be courteous and kind and everyone speaks excellent English as well. The rooms are very well appointed, including more toiletries than you could ever possibly need. You could literally show up with just the basics, and the hotel happily provides everything else. In terms of the food, the breakfast buffet is excellent, and the onsite restaurant (Quattro) are both excellent. Our company rate includes the wifi and the breakfast, which makes for outstanding value. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel during a recent trip to Mex City. It is right across from the Auditorio Nacional -- which is where you can start the hop on hop off Turibus double decker tour bus. Rooms are nice and the bathroom in our room looks like it was recently updated with great modern design.

• Stayed September 2013
Caracas, Venezuela
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Definitely this JW Marriott has one of the most outstanding service teams in the region. From front desk to executive lounge, everyone makes a great effort to deliver a personalized and genuine kind service.
The location is also great for business trips.
In general, it truly stands from the JW Marriott brand. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

The hotel has excellent service. Rooms are clean and modern. The hotel is located in an upscale area in Mexico city which happens to be one of the safest. It is also conveniently located close to several turist attractions. You can find several nice restauraunts within walking distance. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

CUSTOMER SERVICE:

The attention that the JW Marriott staff bestow on you is VIP treatment, even bordering on a bit try-hard sometimes, but you definitely feel special. Something they did that went over and above was when I requested earplugs, and nearby stores did not have any, they requested a pharmacy deliver them to me, and all I had to pay was the price for them and a nominal tip. It was so nice to not even have to leave my room.

NOISE

Since I am on the subject of earplugs, the building construction is solid, and I never heard my neighbors or anyone walking down the hallway. However, keep in mind that there is music from the pool area all day and into the night, and this could be an issue for sensitive sleepers. Bring your earplugs, because the hotel sundry store does not carry any.

VIEW

The view is OFF THE HOOK. I requested a high floor with a view, and they gave me a 14th floor room overlooking Chapultepec park. There are 26 floors, so if the view from level 14 is this amazing, I imagine most of the views in the rooms are generous.

LOCATION

Polanco is, hands down, the best neighborhood to stay in DF. If you are a runner like me, you can run to the trails in Chapultepec Park in 5 minutes. World class museums, restaurants, and beautiful people abound. Also, amazing street food off of Paseo Reforma 1 minute from the hotel entrance off Andres Bello. I spent an average of $2 for dinner the nights I ate alone. AMAZEBALLS.

I felt very safe and secure in the district of Polanco where the JW Marriott is located. The fitness facilities, given that it is located within a hotel, is first rate. Even though I don't swim, I did spend a little bit of time on the 7th floor pool deck. I am looking forward to my next visit to Mexico City, and I intend on returning to this hotel.

CONS

Pretty ridiculoso that Internet is $30 per day or $0.50 per minute.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking Chapultepec Park.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I had an exceptional experience at this hotel from the moment I walked through the doors of this property. Security was very tight, though I never felt as though I was guarded with derision or suspicion something I'm generally aware of being an African-American male and while spending money in an establishment. All the employees were curt and professional and did their best to go over and beyond to meet your needs. I found the lobby restaurant to be surprisingly reasonably priced, by 5-star hotel standards, for a late drink and meal upon my arrival. I really enjoyed the unique mix of traditional luxury and contemporary styling evident throughout the hotel lobby and the rooms. We were a part of the Executive Level and were entitled to further benefits such as free Wi-Fi and free use of the Executive Lounge which was simply amazing. Free full hot breakfast, lunch, and dinner buffets daily as well as desserts/snacks available between meals, beer and soft drinks available around the clock, and unlimited wine at dinner time! All accompanied by some of the most gracious service I've ever experienced in my life. This privilege pretty much made my stay and I found myself often relaxing in a big comfy chair in the executive lounge in front of a big window overlooking the skyline of Mexico City as I planned for my day, caught up with family, or as a reprieve for the chaos of the City. The rooms themselves were typical JW Marriott appointed with a modern Mexican flair. The only thing I disliked was the open concept shower with no closing door which is en vogue in luxury hotels. The location in classy and safe Polanco was unbeatable, next door to the W Hotel and Intercontinental Hotel. There was gay and straight nightlife within walking distance as well as hookah lounges, trendy restaurants, Starbucks you name it. It was also walking distance to a number of well-regarded tourist attractions and easy access to public transportation and the Turibius right outside the hotel. The pool and gym were VERY well appointed with free towel and water bottle service. The pool did have some awkward shadows that might have made it difficult to tan, though this wasn’t a problem for me . I found the place to be very gay friendly as much of the entire tourist zone in Mexico City was. Overall I couldn't have dreamed of a better homebase to explore Mexico City from. I always looked forward to coming home to the JW Marriott in Polanco.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I've enjoyed stays at multiple JW Marriotts in the past, but this one takes the cake. Everyone at this hotel was so incredibly kind, welcoming and helpful. Our room was spacious with great views and we got a fantastic rate by booking early. The bathroom was a slice of heaven, as was the bed! The rooms are very stylish, clean, and hold lots of information helpful for visitors. We especially appreciated the JW Marriott/Christie's Tastemaker's Guide, which had lots of great ideas for shopping, eating and sightseeing in the area. The location was fantastic, allowing us to walk to many museums, parks, and delicious restaurants in Polanco. Good nightlife is not far, and we felt very safe going out in the neighborhood. There is an impressive gym and spa, as well as pool and hot tube with lots of lounge space. An English newspaper was provided to us every morning, as well as ice and clean towels throughout our stay (without asking). My boyfriend asked the concierge where he should buy some toothpaste. She disappeared behind the front desk and returned with a tube for him! This is the kind of service that separates a good hotel from a GREAT hotel. I would recommend it to friends, family, everyone! Can't wait to return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City? Share your experiences!