“Very pleased with everything” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Plaza Dali Mexico City

You added Holiday Inn Plaza Dali Mexico City to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Plaza Dali Mexico City
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Viaducto Rio de La Piedad No. 260 | Col Magdalena Mixiuhca, Mexico City 15860, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #109 of 293 Hotels in Mexico City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Perth, Western Australia
“Very pleased with everything”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2008

I chose this Hotel mainly because it's close to the airport and has a free shuttle, and was a good price. I booked on the Intercontinental Hotel web site and paid $93.60 US. The shuttle took about 5 minutes and the drivers were friendly and helpful. I arrived late in the evening and left mid morning so it was purely for a bed for the night. I was very pleased when I entered the lobby, it's impressive. My room had 2 Queen size beds, was beautiful and quiet. The breakfast was first class, with a selection of delicious pastries, and the service second to none. I think it was $10. I would recommend this Hotel for an overnight as I had.

• Liked — I was more than pleased with everything.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Tel Aviv
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2008

All we wanted was a one-night stay near the airport, in order to catch an early morning flight. Well, there was to be NO sleep and NO rest to be found. The hotel had RATS!
After trying more than one room, only to find MORE RATS, and with the manager not being available at that time , we felt we had to get out of there,and attempt to get some sleep at the airport: SIX HOURS early!
We had stayed at all kinds of hotels in Mexico: from cheap to expensive, but we had NEVER experienced this before.
The hotel had surely had complaints before, and nature says that if there is ONE rodent then there are MORE to be found. So why had nothing been done??
What an awful ending to our honeymoon trip.
This hotel should be closed until it gets Health Inspectors' approval.
Shame on Holiday Inn!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — RATS in (more than one) room!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Frisco, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2008

Very good hotel with good and proffesional front desk staff. I loved to have those extra bottles of water. We ask for room service one night and was excellent. My wife and kids went next morning for the breakfast buffet and they said it was delicous. My turn to eat was more like around 2:00 pm and the food I ordered (Mexican food) was just super along wit a few cold beers :)

Another thing we liked is the close location to the airport, and the complementry shutle. The surronding areas looked safe but nothing very pretty.

• Liked — look of the hotel, food quality and service
  • Disliked — Location if plannig to stay more that 3 days
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Vacaville, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2007

Stayed here for one night, June 14, 2007 and selected this hotel because of the free shuttle to the Airport. This was convenient for me as I had a 7 a.m. departure flight. This hotel is only 5-10 minutes away but there are other hotels closer than this one. Upon entering the hotel, I was immediately assaulted by the smell of cigarette smoking. It was almost like walking into a casino in Las Vegas, extremely unpleasant!! The hotel itself is very nice inside but I was not impressed by the people at the reception desk. No welcome greeting, no asking how I was doing, nothing, just very robotic in their performance. The room I had was very large, but the bed was like sleeping on the floor. It was extremely hard. I also didn't feel safe as my room was located right next to the EXIT door and being by mself, I did not feel comfortable there. I was glad to be there for only one night. I don't plan to stay there again.

• Liked — Located close to the airport and free shuttle
  • Disliked — Smokey
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
SF
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2006

My family and I had to spend a night in Mexico City en-route to SF from Mazatlan this past weekend and we were very much suprised by the accomodation at this hotel. It is a very modern and beautiful building. They have a shuttle at Gate 4 or 6 in Terminal A off the airport which runs 24 hours a day every hour on the hour. We checked in around 8:00PM and had dinner at the buffet in the restaurant on-site and it was very delicious. The room is spacious and comes with all of the modern amenities including free Internet Access. The bed is little stiff for my taste but other than that it was a very pleasant stay. We may spend a few days in Mexico City for sightseiing the next time we come to visit.

• Stayed July 2006
southern california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2006

By chance, we had a last minute delay to Ixtapa from LA and had to stay overnight in Mexico City. I called Holiday Inn randomly from the airport in LA to find a room. The operator suggested Plaza Dali. As it was so last minute and our first time in M.C., we were apprehensive about where to stay. I don't know about the other hotels, but our experience at the Dali was great.
Wewere very surprised to be picked up via shuttle at the airport (quick 15 minute ride to the hotel) and the staff was so friendly. The gave us great suggestions as to where to go for dinner and nightlife. They had a private drive on standby who drove us to the La Condesa area for our evening out and picked us up when we were ready to come back.

The rooms were simple but comfortable and they had an acceptable gym on our floor. Breakfast in the morning was nice, the juice was fresh and the service was extraordinary.

Overall, we had a nice stay and I would recommend it to any traveler.

Stayed March 2006
Abbotsford. BC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2004

We stayed one night at this Hotel after arriving late one night in Dec 2003. This hotel is a 70's style hotel but absoulutely a must see and a walk thru all open levels can be breathtaking. Lots of Dali artwork thruout and open views to outside. Rooms are large and clean. There is a restaraunt in the hotel. Food is good and service was good. Not many accesible restaraunts close by. There is an airport shuttle which we found in the National part of the airport. Look for a person holding sign with name of hotel. You can discuss price and fix price with person there before you go to hotel.

Been to Holiday Inn Plaza Dali Mexico City? Share your experiences!