“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Plaza Dali Mexico City

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Plaza Dali Mexico City to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Plaza Dali Mexico City
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Viaducto Rio de La Piedad No. 260 | Col Magdalena Mixiuhca, Mexico City 15860, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #72 of 283 Hotels in Mexico City
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Stayed here for PanAmerican Festival. Great service. Very attractive setting with the glass front. Exercise room is sufficient but spa was working.
Rooms were clean and pleasant and beds were very comfortable and clean. Bathrooms were cleans and spacious. It's always hard to get around the city here. Found the metro ok to get around and people were open to help.

Stayed July 2014
COMENDALI, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Plaza Dali Mexico City, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your kind comments, we really appreciate it.

Sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Stayed here for one night because I thought it was convenient to the airport. It is only about 15 minutes away. The hotel says they have a free shuttle so I figured that would be perfect, but it was not. I had a flight that left at 7:15 am. The lobby told me the shuttle leaves every hour at to be at the lobby 10 minutes before. I showed up at the lobby 10 before 6:00 am and was greeted by the man who does the shuttle. I told him I needed to go to the garage and get two bags from my friends car and would be right back. He said that would be ok. The elevator to the garage is right next to where the guy was standing. I went down one floor to the garage and pulled by two bags from the car that was parked right next to the elevator and the back to the lobby. Total time was about 10 minutes. When I got back to the lobby I approached the guy who I spoke to earlier. He acted like he had never seen me before. I told him I was ready to go the the airport and he told me it was to late. I told him he said it would be ok for me to get my two bags and he said that the shuttle leaves one the hour and it was a few minutes past. The shuttle was sitting right outside and I could see it through the window over the mans shoulder. I told him the shuttle was right there and he said it was too late and refused to take me to the airport. The next shuttle was at 7:00 but would be too late for my 7:15 flight. I had to take a taxi to the airport which cost me $25.00.

Why would a hotel that is so close the airport only run a shuttle every hour. Stupid and useless. I have already booked a reservation for the Hilton that is in the airport next the the international section of Terminal 1 for my next trip to Mexico City in a few months. It is about $15 more a night but way more convenient.

As far as the hotel goes, it is nice. Very clean and everyone except the airport shuttle guy was very friendly. I found the bed to be very firm, which is fine by me and very typical of standard (non luxury) Mexican hotels, but some US American travelers who are used to soft beds may not like this hotel.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have been remodeled, some have not. You might want to ask at check in.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your experience with us. We certainly appreciate your time in bringing this our attention and we are very sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Please accept our sincere apology for the experience suffered.

Sincerely
Tampico, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I stayed at this hotel because a fligth cancellation for Aeromexico, it is 10-15 min from the airport: Has free shuttle, but runs just every hour. Rooms are clean and big and bath too. The only bad experience is the night buffet, not too many options and it seems not fresh; but the service of the staff is very likely.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Have to say that I didn't try all that much at the hotel since I only stayed overnight due to a long layover. However, no complaints about the staff or facilities. During the daytime, shuttles run pretty much every hour from the hotel. Not sure about at night. There is a Holiday Inn Dali booth in the arrivals lobby of T2 but it was not manned either at 11:30PM when I landed or 7:00AM when I departed Mexico City a different day on a separate itinerary. My recommendation would be to make sure you can call the hotel some way to request a shuttle; this may require keeping loose change handy for folks who don't have international cell phone plans. Probably easier to just talk with the hotel staff prior to traveling and arrange a pick up ahead of time.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I stayed here last week for several nights. The bed was extremely comfortable; not too hard, not too soft. Good lighting and a magnifying mirror in the bathroom. The room was spotless, no complaints there. The real gem at this hotel is the restaurant. The food is very very good and the service matches. And, the prices are very reasonable for the quality of food. The ride to the center of Mexico City, by taxi, is 200 - 250 pesos ($15.50). The shuttle runs on the hour 24 hrs/day to the airport. The staff is friendly and helpful. Most have a good grasp of English, though not all. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
San Pedro Sula
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I booked this hotel for 1 night because of a long layover. I chose this hotel over the hilton at the airport because it was half the price and relatively close to airport.

this hotel has a small booth at the airport where you can wait for the shuttle. we waited about 15 minutes before shuttle arrived. the ride to hotel seem to taken another 10 minutes which seemed long compared to what I expected.

hotel is nice...great rooms..impressed with overall value of the place.

the shuttle going back to airport leaves every hour....this was a con for me because I assumed it was at least every 30 minutes..if not more.

traveling alone on business...this is a good option....however..travelong with wife and infant ..I think for overall convenience I probably should have stayed at the hilton.

but this hotel was great..good option...

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

The Holiday Inn Plaza Dali has been a favorite stopover point for our family for the past several years when we have been flying into Mexico City from Vancouver and have needed a place to stay until our connecting flight the following day. The free shuttle service to and from the airport has always been reliable and we find it nice to be a short distance from the airport when there is a bit less noise.

On our recent stopover in early February we were pleased to find that there was no change in their friendly service. The rooms and the hotel itself were clean and well maintained as expected, the beds were comfortable and our room was reasonably quiet for a hotel located in this area. This time we decided to take a later flight so that we could enjoy a leisurely breakfast before starting the day. We took advantage of the breakfast buffet and were quite happy with the broad range of items that were included with the buffet.

So far we have never had a bad experience here, so we will continue stay here when needing a stopover hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Plaza Dali Mexico City? Share your experiences!