“Amazing location, super rooftop patio.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Zocalo Central

You added Zocalo Central to your Saves list
Zocalo Central
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Cinco De Mayo 61 Col. Centro, Mexico City 06000, Mexico (Formerly Holiday Inn Mexico Zocalo)   |
Ranked #32 of 287 Hotels in Mexico City
Alberta
“Amazing location, super rooftop patio.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

My husband I stayed here for a few days in February. Staff were exceptionally helpful. The room was on the small side and the bed even smaller. Best reason to stay here is the view from the rooftop patio restaurant. We went every night!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Zócalo Central ... H, Director General at Zocalo Central, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you very much for being our guests and taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We are glad you were satisfied with our staff and especially enjoyed the beautiful view from out rooftop restaurant “Balcon de Zócalo”. Let us take this chance to inform you, that the management of the hotel has changed recently and we are now the new Zócalo Central Hotel with great improvements in the quality and service coming up and already being implemented. It would be a great pleasure to welcome you here in Mexico City again soon.
Vladimir Mayllen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I stayed at this hotel in a double room, as usual with Holiday inn's; the bed was awesome.
Location? Amazing, right in front the cathedral and the enormous México city zócalo (main square)
Great service.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Zócalo Central ... H, General Manager at Zocalo Central, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you for being our guest and taking the time to write this review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and had a great time in Mexico City and truly appreciate your positive feedback. Let us take this chance to inform you, that the management of the hotel has changed recently and we will soon be the new Zócalo Central Hotel with improvements in the quality and service we offer to our guests. We are looking forward to welcoming you to the hotel again soon.
Queensland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I am very picky about hotels but this one was a winner.

The service here was very good, with the hospitality starting via email before we even got there. The rooms were small but very clean and quiet - important to us after travelling from Australia. Location fantastic - rooftop restaurant had a great view. There was ample food, of a reasonable standard, on offer for our included breakfast.

My only major complaint was the free internet and computers in the lobby. Some did not work and no staff seemed very concerned about helping out.

I felt very safe here and would certainly recommend it to other travellers.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and writing this review about your stay, Kris! It is great to know that after travelling such long way, you had a lovely time and felt comfortable here. I have personally reviewed the Internet service and carried out the necessary changes to improve its functionality. I have also trained (and continue to do so) our staff in order to avoid further situations like the one you faced. We would like to take this chance to inform you, that the management of the hotel has changed recently and the hotel will soon be the new Zócalo Central Hotel with some important improvements in the quality and service we offer to our guests. It would be a great pleasure to welcome you to Mexico City again in the future.
Vladimir Mayllen
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

The location is wonderful. I love the Zocalo and this hotel is steps away. Lots of restaurant and public transportation nearby.

I was disappointed that my Platinum Rewards status was not acknowledged AT ALL when I checked in. This was the first hotel that I've been to where my status was not acknowledged in any way. I have stayed at IHG hotels in Europe, Africa, Latin America and the US.

I was given a very small room. I kept requesting a better room and finally was moved to a more spacious room on my second night.

I became very ill and met one of the managers. I think he is either the guest manager or general manager. He is Mexican but he has a Russian first name (Vladimir, maybe?). I am so sorry to have forgotten his name. Anyway, I mention him because he was absolutely outstanding. He exhibited top-notch customer service. I was very impressed. He is an asset to the IHG brand.

Rooms are okay. Rooftop restaurant is cool. The food is okay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Zócalo Central ... H, Social Media Manager at Zocalo Central, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review about your stay with us. We are very glad to hear that your overall experience has been a good one and you were satisfied especially with our personalized service and the rooftop restaurant we have in our hotel. There must have been a misunderstanding regarding your Platinum Status and we will be sure to follow-up on this issue. It would be a great pleasure for our team to welcome you to Mexico City again soon!
Oakland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Stayed here over a 4 day weekend last month. I've always enjoyed the scene around the Zocalo, which was my main reason for choosing this hotel. I had a spotless and well-appointed suite with a comfortable King-sized bed and enormous bathroom (Roman tub included), and very reliable WiFi. The staff was very helpful and responsive. Enjoyed watching the daily flag ceremony from the roof-top terrace. Just steps from many restaurants, cultural sites and the Metro.

Room Tip: Great views from rooms on the Zocalo side.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
hizocalomex, Guest Relations Manager at Zocalo Central, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you very much for your nice comment, we feel proud of your stay with us has been fulfilled, expectations and the attention that received on behalf of our collaborators has been of your total pleasure. We can assure you that in Holiday inn Zocalo we are compromised in offering to each of our guests personalized attention and unique experiences for each of our collaborators will have always to provide the best attention.

We would be happy to see you on your next visit to Mexico City.

Vania Cabal
Social Media Manager
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I didn't expect this of the Holiday Inn.... the room was very small and bathroom incredibly small, thankfully we are tiny people not too sure how the obese people would get on here.
The location is great, and the rooftop restaurant overlooking the Square amazing and we did eat there each night. The breakfast was average compared to other Holiday Inns, but the staff were friendly enough.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
hizocalomex, Guest Relations Manager at Zocalo Central, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you very much for you review, it is very important to us know the experience of our guests, because we can to identify opportunities of improvement. , we really sorry about the issue you had during your stay. Is very important to us that our clients feel satisfied, we hope you can give us a second chance to show or quality service.
Best Regards
Vania Cabal
Social Media Manager
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

This hotel was decent... not what I expected from a Holiday Inn (in a negative way). It was still clean and the rooftop restaurant is its claim to fame (DEFINITELY check it out) but the rooms were very small. As for the beds, my dad and I each slept on a Twin mattress, which were about half the size of a normal twin. Very short, very narrow, and VERY firm. I can honestly say it was the worst sleep I think I've ever had in my life.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
hizocalomex, General Manager at Zocalo Central, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you very much for you review, it is very important to us know the experience of our guests, because we can to identify opportunities of improvement. , we really sorry about the issue you had during your stay. is very important to us that our clients feel satisfied, we hope you can give us a second chance to show or quality service.
Best Regards

Julian Cotera

Been to Zocalo Central? Share your experiences!