Mexico City is a huge place of many facets. One of those is the political center of the city; the Zocalo, cathedral, the atmosphere of late 19th century. To experience all of this the Holiday Inn Zocalo is a great place to stay. From the rooftop terrace restaurant you can see not only the views of one the largest city squares in the world, but we were lucky to have good weather and enjoy the amazing experience of the sunrise over the volcanoes; unforgettable!
The hotel itself is housed in a beautiful old building. The rooms are a bit small but nicely appointed and comfortable. Note- You will only get a front facing view if you stay in a suite. Still the terrace bar at night and early morning was a wonderful option. Staff is really nice and professional. They arranged our private transportation to and from the airport; safe, punctual, courteous and reasonable priced. Everything is clean and well maintained.
The only negative is that although the restaurant opens for breakfast at 07:00, they don't open the terrace until later. We had to enjoy the sunset without breakfast as we had a plane to catch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a peaceful oasis in the heart of Mexico City's celebrated Plaza de la Constitucion (or the Zocalo, as it's often called).Zocalo Central Hotel expertly blends traditional splendor with modern comfort and unforgettable city vistas, creating a hotel experience that will delight and inspire both business and leisure travelers. Housed within a charming1890's-era building, our hotel offers 105 lovingly refurbished rooms and suites, some of which provide wonderful views of the plaza. Allow our caring hotel staff to pamper you with a range of fabulous services, and take advantage of excellent amenities. Of course, no visit to our hotel is complete without a trip to ourroof top restaurant, Restaurante Balcon del Zocalo. Our elegant restaurant terrace overlooks the world-famous Zocalo; it's a popular spot for both hotel visitors and city residents. Last but not least, our central location in the heart of MexicoCity's most important square makes it easy for you to discover all of the wonderful attractions that the city has to offer. Our hotel is eight miles to the Mexico City International Airport, and we're within walking distance of many shops and restaurants such as The "Casa Churra". Our hotel Concierge is available any time, day or night, to answer your questions or to provide suggestions for things to do and see. Treat yourself to a hotel stay that you won't soon forget, in a city that will capture your imagination. We look forward to welcoming you to Zocalo Central Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Travelocity so you can book your Zocalo Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Mexico City Zocalo Hotel Mexico City
- Mexico City Holiday Inn
- Zocalo Central Mexico City